ADVERTISEMENT

Most of the great PSU teams

If you’re in the Big Ten in the 4-team playoff era, every week is simply win and advance.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
I stand behind the opinion that this team has the POTENTIAL to be a great team. PJ is rounding into preinjury form, great freshman talent on both sides of the ball and one of the best secondaries in football. Do not sleep on the Lions
I see MO worse than 9 wins 4 losses. The potential for much better is there.

I stand behind the opinion that this team has the POTENTIAL to be a great team. PJ is rounding into preinjury form, great freshman talent on both sides of the ball and one of the best secondaries in football. Do not sleep on the Lions
I see MO worse than 9 wins 4 losses. The potential for much better is there.
I think most people agree with that. I also don't think most would be happy with less than 10-2.

So Paterno always destroyed weaker teams? I don’t recall that even with the good Paterno teams.
Who is this Paterno everyone speaks? Did he win any games? Any big games? Any big games on the road? At neutral sites?

Not even remotely comparable.

I think most people agree with that. I also don't think most would be happy with less than 10-2.
10-2 is that nice record that you really can't bitch about. Yeah, shoulda, coulda, woulda, but that and a win in a bowl is pretty satisfying for me. 11-1 is better and that'll put us in a playoff, either big Ten or the four team bracket, most likely.

Reactions: bdgan
Yea, but we're currently #5 in the Country in Rush Defense and scUM's offense is completely predicated on being able to run the ball. And while our Pass Defense is surrendering 262 ypg - QB's are only completing 49% of their passes, we lead the nation in PBU (pass break ups) and have only surrendered 5 TDs.

BTW, you do realize that Minnesota is currently #2 in the nation and leads Conference in Total Defense (222 ypg) behind "James Madison"? And this is AFTER this weeks Purdue game! Doesn't look like those cupcake-inflated numbers translated to b1g play, does it?

The op I responded to specifically said that it was quite apparent scUM would have tons of success running the ball on us based on our performance to-date and I posted that complaining about the performance of our Run Defense is kind of absurd as we have put up outstanding defensive numbers against the run (including yesterday where we held NW to 38 yards rushing).
I thought sure you were gonna bring up the flute when you mentioned Madison. Huh. Missed opportunity.:cool:

Who is this Paterno everyone speaks? Did he win any games? Any big games? Any big games on the road? At neutral sites?

Not even remotely comparable.
Well, I wasn’t comparing careers, just games and the NW game was comparable to many of Paterno’s games (minus the 5 turnovers). Running the vast majority of the time and relying on your defense is definitely comparable to Paterno. Not blowing out some lesser opponents due to this game plan is also comparable. Some people need to fix their selective memories.

Well, I wasn’t comparing careers, just games and the NW game was comparable to many of Paterno’s games (minus the 5 turnovers). Running the vast majority of the time and relying on your defense is definitely comparable to Paterno. Not blowing out some lesser opponents due to this game plan is also comparable. Some people need to fix their selective memories.
I've seen some high TO PSU games under Paterno that PSU did win, though I can't find them. All I'm getting is last week's game.

Psu will be lucky to win 1 of there next 3 games the offense looks like it’s running backwards with Clifford and the defense will have its hands full these next 3 games

Psu will be lucky to win 1 of there next 3 games the offense looks like it’s running backwards with Clifford and the defense will have its hands full these next 3 games
🙄, boy imagine only winning the one game you’re favored in and losing to what? The #3 and #4 teams in the country when we will be underdogs ? Wow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT