ADVERTISEMENT

Just read that VT's frosh QB is..

From the article:

screen-shot-2017-09-07-at-124143-pmpng-4202d17199f5f321.png

Not surprised that he's a good athlete.....he got all the positive genes that avoided at least one member of his extended family!
Ha! Yeah, he says in the article that the kid is his nephew by marriage...apparently, his brother-in-law played for meat-chicken. Actually, it wasn't his worst piece (not great either, and full of unintended irony) - he wrote about how watching his nephew allowed him to be a fan again rather than a bitter old journalist.

Reactions: Yanks49
Ha! Yeah, he says in the article that the kid is his nephew by marriage...apparently, his brother-in-law played for meat-chicken. Actually, it wasn't his worst piece (not great either, and full of unintended irony) - he wrote about how watching his nephew allowed him to be a fan again rather than a bitter old journalist.

It didn't work.

I don't know many names of PSU beat writers but Davey Jones I mostly def do.
There is a method to his madness. The more they hate you the more they follow you.
It's the new age of dumb reporting I suppose.

Reactions: Cpeplion
ummmm unless the kid in that pic has changed mightily in 10-12 years I highly doubt he is the VT freshman qb from Michigan named Josh Jackson because Josh Jackson is African American.
That's his son. Josh Jackson is his nephew, but the article says they're around the same age.

It sounds like Davey boy has a man-crush on his bro-in-law. One has to wonder if Freddy fed tiny Davey some of the BS he's spewed over the years. I'd bet Freddy had some not-so-nice things to say about PSU and JVP running a clean program over the years as well. Might explain in part Tiny's vitriol towards Paterno and PSU.

Downington isn't a Philly suburb though I suppose people commute from there. If the Inquirer or Daily News were gonna offer him a job it would've happened a long time ago.

I think Dtwon is considered a suburb of Philly on many levels, especially with suburban sprawl over the past 30 years. Just like Chads Ford, Collegeville, Ft Washington, Langhorne etc. And yes, lots of people commute fo Philly from there and Exton.

I think Dtwon is considered a suburb of Philly on many levels, especially with suburban sprawl over the past 30 years. Just like Chads Ford, Collegeville, Ft Washington, Langhorne etc. And yes, lots of people commute fo Philly from there and Exton.
How about Coatesville, Kennett Square, Chester and Wilmington, DE? I understand the sprawl but I'd never consider Downingtown a suburb of Philly except that it has a PRR stop/train that can connect with SEPTA to bring a commuter to 16th and Market. Just a difference of opinion.:) I used to commute from NJ to Plymouth Mtg. and even though I went against traffic each way, I hated it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT