ADVERTISEMENT

Famous Toastery Bowl

NoBareFeet

Sep 5, 2019
Wow, Ricky Rahne's ODU Monarchs were up 28-0 and blew the game. Hard to watch a coaching staff coach an entire 2nd half with both hands around their own necks. Really hard to watch.

Western Kentucky kids absolutely going nuts after winning this one. Winning QB in tears. But meaningless game, right?

Wow, Ricky Rahne's ODU Monarchs were up 28-0 and blew the game. Hard to watch a coaching staff coach an entire 2nd half with both hands around their own necks. Really hard to watch.

Western Kentucky kids absolutely going nuts after winning this one. Winning QB in tears. But meaningless game, right?
Bowl games are only meaningless scrimmages for UM, who loses all of them.

ODU kept rushing only 3 giving the QB plenty of time to find open receivers. Of course the fact that the ODU DBs didn't see any necessity to cover the receivers didn't help much

The game is still meaningless. A 7-5 team beat a 6-6 in a game that probably a couple thousand people watch that has no impact on anything. Best part of it for both was the extra practice not the game.

Veltkamp might be crying because he has some good film to get him out of Western Kentucky now and some NIL money. He tried to leave once already because their great coaching staff wanted to make him a TE.

Actually, this game is actually what people should look at bowls for at WKU's starting QB opted it. It should be all about the future not the present.

• Haha
Reactions: NoBareFeet
The game is still meaningless. A 7-5 team beat a 6-6 in a game that probably a couple thousand people watch that has no impact on anything. Best part of it for both was the extra practice not the game.

Veltkamp might be crying because he has some good film to get him out of Western Kentucky now and some NIL money. He tried to leave once already because their great coaching staff wanted to make him a TE.

Actually, this game is actually what people should look at bowls for at WKU's starting QB opted it. It should be all about the future not the present.
That third stringer did pretty well for himself.

Ahhh, the good ole days. I remember waking up midday on Jan 1 back in the day to tune into the Famous Toastery Bowl. Now those were some classics. Too bad they moved to a mid December Monday afternoon.

Ahhh, the good ole days. I remember waking up midday on Jan 1 back in the day to tune into the Famous Toastery Bowl. Now those were some classics. Too bad they moved to a mid December Monday afternoon.
Definitely can't survive without that in our lives.

Sure seems like you watched it.
I didn't. Like most people I was working but watching a game doesn't make it meaningful. I've gone to many spring games. Basically the main reason to watch bowl games is to get ready for the NFL draft. For those that aren't smart enough to opt out.

Didn't see the game - just heard about it from Josh Pate. My first thought is that Rahne is a lot like his mentor - can't close out a game he should win. My second thought is that I hope the toast was made with stale bread. Kind of wasteful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT