ADVERTISEMENT

Just a little trolling on a Sunday morning

No, the fans were booing, but someone said that booing is ok, as long as you aren't "throwing things at the team."

I'm simply saying that booing is bush league, and if we don't teach our kids to do it in athletic events that they compete in, why are adults doing it?

Dude, you need to take your politics elsewhere. You're so inconsistent it isn't funny. The other day you told Roar that you don't read or respond to every post. It sure does seem like you respond to every thing. I agree you don't read much.

I didn't say booing is ok unless you're throwing something. I said I thought the environment was great and it wasn't like people were throwing something.

Grow a thicker skin. They were booed, so what, it's not like they were being flipped off or cursed out. I saw none of that.

And for those who are saying Rec Hall doesn't normally boo. C'mon, we win almost every match easily, there is normally nothing to work people into that. IMar was thoroughly booed last time he was there. Chris Perry was booed after he beat Matt Brown.

I guess I don't get the whole thing that booing is inherently disrespecting the opponents ability or work ethic. If they weren't good, they wouldn't be booed.

Now booing your own team when they don't do well, that's pathetic.

Dude, you need to take your politics elsewhere. You're so inconsistent it isn't funny. The other day you told Roar that you don't read or respond to every post. It sure does seem like you respond to every thing. I agree you don't read much.
First, what did I say in this thread that's political?

No, I don't read every thread, but I read many. Tell us what makes that "inconsistent?"

I don't read much?! Care to compare job descriptions, my man? ;)

Finally, it's not wrong if people find booing objectionable, ok? Some may call it respeck, decency, and/or sportsmanship. ;)

No, I don't read every thread, but I read many. Tell us what makes that "inconsistent?"

Finally, it's not wrong if people find booing objectionable, ok? Some may call it respeck, decency, and/or sportsmanship. ;)

1. Nothing in this thread at least, thanks
2. Just own it.
3. Sorry, I misspoke, you don't comprehend much. :) Just kidding
4. You can feel however you want. But you're painting this as Rec Hall was a drunken mob and that would never happen the good old West Gym. Guaranteed Iowa would get booed if they were there. That will never be proven either way.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I booed anyone that night or not. I may have when they came out in the robes. But if I would have seen any of them later, I'd have gladly shaken hands and congratulated them all on being great wrestlers and ambassadors of the sport. I have nothing but respect for Snyder, NaTo, both Jordans, McKenna, etc. The Jordans shake hands at the end of every match with the opposing coaches, win or lose, I admire that.

But for 2 hours, I'm totally against them, they're the enemy. Don't want them to get hurt but want them to lose and us to win.

I don't want to turn this thread into me vs you so you can have the last word. Much respeck!

To stoically "act like you've been there before" or to raise the marketability of a sport with some "humanity." It's an age-old debate that won't be settled here. I think we've established in which camp the folks posting in this thread stand. Personally, I like the TD celebrations in the NFL now, unless they get too cute. I don't boo athletes, but I've probably let a few out to refs or coaches. I do like how our team generally conducts itself, and agree that the buckeye competitors typically act with a lot of class out there. I also enjoyed Bo's "can't hear you" at CHA 2 years ago, and equally liked that Cael scolded him for it too. We all have a role to play.

Reactions: y2jriden
that would never happen the good old West Gym. Guaranteed Iowa would get booed if they were there. That will never be proven either way.
You're correct: that wouldn't happen in the West Gym, or at least it hasn't in the 20+ years that I've attended duals there.

Guaranteed we'd do it against Iowa? False. Every dual that I've been to in the West Gym or the UNI Dome against Iowa, no one booed when Iowa walked into the Gym/arena.

So, yes, I can prove that it didn't happen.

You're correct: that wouldn't happen in the West Gym, or at least it hasn't in the 20+ years that I've attended duals there.

Guaranteed we'd do it against Iowa? False. Every dual that I've been to in the West Gym or the UNI Dome against Iowa, no one booed when Iowa walked into the Gym/arena.

So, yes, I can prove that it didn't happen.

But do they boo at bball games and football games at UNI? I'm certain that they do, but have you berated the UNI fans for that booing. I'm also certain that you did not do that, so your motives are clear, to berate PSU fans in spite of your protests to the contrary.

But do they boo at bball games and football games at UNI? I'm certain that they do, but have you berated the UNI fans for that booing. I'm also certain that you did not do that, so your motives are clear, to berate PSU fans in spite of your protests to the contrary.

I have it on good authority that the only people known to boo are those that attended the 2017 PIAA state championship finals, the 2018 tO$U dual and every philly sporting event ever.

#dotsconnected
#similaritiesexist

Hey, GREAT CALL, my man! You can begin at post #15 to see what I had to say about booing at UNI basketball games.

Some context for you. Greg McDermott left UNI to coach at Creighton, a conference rival at that time. When his son puled out of UNI to go play with his dad at Creighton, their return to UNI was met with a chorus of boos.

So, yes, begin at reply #15, and REALLY GOOD CALL on knowing what I think, btw. Also note the year, 2011. ;)
https://www.panthernation.com/forum...men-s-basketball/22718-to-everyone-that-booed

Last edited:
Hey, GREAT CALL, my man! You can begin at post #15 to see what I had to say about booing at UNI basketball games.

Some context for you. Greg McDermott left UNI to coach at Creighton, a conference rival at that time. When his son puled out of UNI to go play with his dad at Creighton, their return to UNI was met with a chorus of boos.

So, yes, begin at reply #15, and REALLY GOOD CALL on knowing what I think, btw. Also note the year, 2011. ;) https://www.panthernation.com/forum...men-s-basketball/22718-to-everyone-that-booed

Color me impressed. One post on a UNI board about bball and NONE about football, but 20 or so posts berating PSU fans about one dual. Well done and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz

You will now be on ignore so you won't see me respond to you again.

Color me impressed. One post on a UNI board about bball and NONE about football, but 20 or so posts berating PSU fans about one dual. Well done and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz

I've not known about UNI foolball fans booing. Do you?

I had ONE POST on the UNI basketball thread about booing!!?? You may want to check that one again, as it looks like you've made a second good call, all within just a matter of minutes.

But, is it okay to throw a high heater at the opposing batter's head?

But, is it okay to throw a high heater at the opposing batter's head?
Of course not, and if you look back at what I posted in reference to what you're trying to play gotcha with, I said nothing of the kind and nor would I.

As a life long pitcher in my youth-and what I coached briefly in my life that I also talked about in another thread-a tailing fastball that ends up at the fists, which is what I said (obviously, you've never played the game so I'll translate: it means that you hit the ball off of the handle and make poor contact) is a great strategic pitch, for those who can learn to throw it.

Hey, we're FULL of great calls today, eh?! GREAT CALL!

Of course not, and if you look back at what I posted in reference to what you're trying to play gotcha with, I said nothing of the kind and nor would I.

As a life long pitcher in my youth-and what I coached briefly in my life that I also talked about in another thread-a tailing fastball that ends up at the fists, which is what I said (obviously, you've never played the game so I'll translate: it means that you hit the ball off of the handle and make poor contact) is a great strategic pitch, for those who can learn to throw it.

Hey, we're FULL of great calls today, eh?! GREAT CALL!
The slightest miss on that pitch, and it's at the head.

The slightest miss on that pitch, and it's at the head.
Hence, why I never threw it, as I didn't know how to throw it with control. People who can control it (Greg Maddux was the best at it) won't usually hit people, as it's not aimed to end at the head. It ends up, as I said, "on the fists"/handle of the bat.

Dang,

I know it's more expensive, but I'm drawn to Norway more than Iseland. Probably my heritage doing the talking, but I always wanted to see the fjords.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz

I lost track of who I should ignore. Help would be appreciated.

Additionally, I confess I regularly boo replays (wrestling, football, and hockey), but especially when the coach of an apparently gassing wrestler''s coach challenges.

I thought it was the best wrestling environment I've ever been in. I don't think there is anything wrong with booing the opponent as long as it is not going too far. It's not like objects were thrown or anything. And I didn't see any OSU fans mistreated and I sit right behind them. I'm pretty sure they came in expecting that given the way they had built it up.

I think you will find wrestlers that agree with you and love an environment like that. Even some that wrestled for UNI.

https://wcfcourier.com/sports/colle...cle_a690c9b0-20aa-11e1-830d-001871e3ce6c.html

"The first time I wrestled there, I loved it," Bonin said of Carver-Hawkeye. "It was an experience of a lifetime. I can't wait for the second time.

"I liked the environment. I liked the people booing, screaming at me. It was cool."

Ryan thought they had this in the bag and talked scheisse, so did some of his guys. Nolf's injury had them feeling good about themselves. Tom Ryan the used car salesman,televangelist,speech maker,politician shouldn't be booed?

Last year was Ryan's best chance to sell his vision that OSU and PSU were equals.

They would have had 2 championships in the last 4 years. ... same as us. Plus Iowa and Okie St were having down years, making it a 2 team race and giving them lots of exposure.

Unfortunately for him, after all his hype and bluster, he had to win to make it all believable.

Now PSU stands at 3 out of 4 (7 out of 8), we remain favorites for next year, plus Iowa and Okie St are ready to challenge the Bucks for 2nd place ... oh well.

I think you will find wrestlers that agree with you and love an environment like that. Even some that wrestled for UNI.

https://wcfcourier.com/sports/colle...cle_a690c9b0-20aa-11e1-830d-001871e3ce6c.html

"The first time I wrestled there, I loved it," Bonin said of Carver-Hawkeye. "It was an experience of a lifetime. I can't wait for the second time.

"I liked the environment. I liked the people booing, screaming at me. It was cool."
I couldn't imagine what an experience it'd be to wrestle in CHA, but, in all honesty, the UNI team always had the deer in a headlights look when they were there and usually got completely shelled.

Regarding the booing, Bonin thrived on adversity, so there's no surprise there.

If I had a dollar for each time I've read that I'd be a rich man, indeed.

But, keep in mind, YOU brought on our battle with your unfounded accusations, not me. As is always the case with me, I defended myself-which I'm good at-and that's usually what brings on the ignore button, so you're just like anyone else.

Last edited:
Ryan thought they had this in the bag and talked scheisse, so did some of his guys. Nolf's injury had them feeling good about themselves. Tom Ryan the used car salesman,televangelist,speech maker,politician shouldn't be booed?
Yup. They will deny it but they really started to chirp after Nolf went down. After winning the summer transfer window, there was some talk, but it went into overdrive after Rutgers-Gate.

Last edited:
Reactions: pish69

To add to what you are saying, BTN interviews McKenna during the match and he talks about how different it was being on the OSU team rather than Stanford in Rec Hall the year before. He doesn’t cry about being booed, he seems to be kind of in awe of it. He talks about how crazy the environment is

Booing is a personal choice. Whether one boos or not says a lot about that person. The wrestlers from all teams work their butts off to get where they are. I root for Penn State guys, but I admire all the wrestlers. Last time I booed, it was at a ref ;).

If fans are booing Coach Ryan because they feel that's he's acting like an idiot, what that says about them is they don't like Coach Ryan acting like an idiot.

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks their fan base doesn't boo is either naive or a fool. They are always going to be some people booing in every crowd, just happens it was amplified due to the opponent, build up (chatter) and electricity in the air.

Anyone who thinks their fan base doesn't boo is either naive or a fool. They are always going to be some people booing in every crowd, just happens it was amplified due to the opponent, build up (chatter) and electricity in the air.
I've missed exactly three home duals in 20+ years of attending duals at UNI and I've not once heard fans boo the opposing team. So, to me, the naiveness and foolishness is on someone who's not been there, thinks something is so, and is dead wrong.

Do you, and will/would you, plan to teach your own athletes and or children to boo the opposing team? If the answer is "no" in both instances, save the "retort," as now you'd just be argumentative just for its sake.

And, it's ok for folks to believe in respeck, decency, and sportsmanship. I'll never apologize for it, and if that makes me a jerk, then strike me down, Lord, for I am a jerk.

Last edited:
Do you, and will/would you, plan to teach your own athletes and or children to boo the opposing team? If the answer is "no" in both instances, save the "retort," as now you'd just be argumentative just for its sake.

I blame Disney for my kids booing. Ever since they were 2 and I took them to Disney World, there was a play “Peter Pan” and every time Captain Hook would come on stage the staff would stand behind him and hold up a big cue card for the audience to “boo.”

Damned Disney! They ruined my kids youth by telling kids to boo the villain.

Ban..I realize you like to go and on if you feel you need to defend yourself but I also think you’re a smart guy and must realize this Holier than thou stance on such a “WGAF” subject is getting old. Drop it. No one truly cares if someone boos or not

I blame Disney for my kids booing. Ever since they were 2 and I took them to Disney World, there was a play “Peter Pan” and every time Captain Hook would come on stage the staff would stand behind him and hold up a big cue card for the audience to “boo.”

Damned Disney! They ruined my kids youth by telling kids to boo the villain.

I banned my kids from watching sponge bob because I walked into the room and saw bobs friend engaged in booing him

it was the worst

#thehorror
#whereishemanandGIJoe

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT