ADVERTISEMENT

Jurrion Dickey

PSUNYGNYY

Jul 15, 2018
Penn State has made the final 3 for this 5 star WR. However, there is a catch on who in the final 3 will get his commitment. Jurrion will pick a school based on which school’s fan base buys the most trading cards. The card is 100 bucks and Jurrion will keep 85% of the proceeds. I’m torn between this being a great marketing ploy or selfish way to get paid. I’m leaning towards a great marketing ploy as NIL has created this mess and the kid is taking advantage of it. Plus, we could really use a big stud WR. We do have the biggest alumni association and a huge fan base so it could put us at an advantage. Although the other two schools, Oregon and Tennessee have plenty of alumni as well. There’s also probably a rich booster like Phil Knight who can just buy a crapload of trading cards. I hate NIL, but if you can’t beat them join them.

Penn State has made the final 3 for this 5 star WR. However, there is a catch on who in the final 3 will get his commitment. Jurrion will pick a school based on which school’s fan base buys the most trading cards. The card is 100 bucks and Jurrion will keep 85% of the proceeds. I’m torn between this being a great marketing ploy or selfish way to get paid. I’m leaning towards a great marketing ploy as NIL has created this mess and the kid is taking advantage of it. Plus, we could really use a big stud WR. We do have the biggest alumni association and a huge fan base so it could put us at an advantage. Although the other two schools, Oregon and Tennessee have plenty of alumni as well. There’s also probably a rich booster like Phil Knight who can just buy a crapload of trading cards. I hate NIL, but if you can’t beat them join them.
Well Gollyyyy, sign me up for one. I finally found what I can put next to my Micky Mantle rookie card on the mantle. I’m not busting your chops PSUNYGNYY. Just laughing at how ridiculous this whole recruiting and player retention process has become.

Nope. Enjoy Eugene, Jurrion

Ice Cube Friday GIF

Last edited:
How many are you buying PSUNYGNYY?? lol
I’m not contributing to this foolishness merely commenting on the craziness of NIL. PSU isn’t even in the top ten of average NIL payouts for players so we’re not keeping up with the other big players like OSU and Michigan. Surprisingly Michigan is second behind TAMU in average payouts for NIL and of course OSU isn’t far behind.

What an ego trip for a teenager, most of who are already self-centered. Hard pass on this one.

nowhere did it say he was basing his decision just on whatever school has the most sales for his card thingies, the only person who put it that way was Clay Travis and he's an idiot

doesn't mean its great, just means that the card sales are not what he is basing his decision on as far as we know and can prove

I’m not contributing to this foolishness merely commenting on the craziness of NIL. PSU isn’t even in the top ten of average NIL payouts for players so we’re not keeping up with the other big players like OSU and Michigan. Surprisingly Michigan is second behind TAMU in average payouts for NIL and of course OSU isn’t far behind.
Actually you would be wrong about several things. NIL is doing much better at psu. And OSU is struggling with nil. Apparently they were much better under the table than over it.

Actually you would be wrong about several things. NIL is doing much better at psu. And OSU is struggling with nil. Apparently they were much better under the table than over it.
Not really arguing the point but is PSU doing well because it’s meeting their NIL needs (for us that’s all matters) and is OSU struggling because they have a much bigger nut to cover? Is it possible that our numbers would be lacking in Columbus also? Well I guess OSU could always have a mass bubble gun fund raiser like the Dicky kid.

Reactions: brupsu
Not a Penn State kid. Could begone one if he grows up..

If this is what he's basing his school choice on, I hope he doesn't end up here. His choice should be based on which school can prepare him the best and get him into the NFL where he'll make real money. Kids today don't understand what investing in your future is ...... which is part of the reason this country is going down the shitter!

If this is what he's basing his school choice on, I hope he doesn't end up here. His choice should be based on which school can prepare him the best and get him into the NFL where he'll make real money. Kids today don't understand what investing in your future is ...... which is part of the reason this country is going down the shitter!
I thought it was best to prepare him for a career (academics), since <10% make it to the NFL. LOL

Reactions: DELion and bdgan
If I’m dropping $100 on a card, he better guarantee 100 receptions in his first year and a boat load of TD’s. Otherwise he should refund the money.

Didn't Oregon get his commitment months ago?

The kid shouldn't need the money considering where he is from: Atherton is one of the riches towns in the country. It has the highest per capita income among US Towns, and has the most expensive Zip Code in the nation.

This is not 1960 Mary. You must be Rip Van Winkle!
My money is on coach Franklin. I trust him not to accept the irredeemable. If he says he is good, that is enough for me. On second thought, I would not want you be held responsible for everything I have thought, especially at 18 years old.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT