ADVERTISEMENT

Junior WT Trials Thread

Gomez just broke Aruja.
And then went full Nico to demonstrate.
WhoppingFreeIbisbill.gif

Hate to go Pat Downey here, but Gomez got lucky. Wrestled a 29-second semifinal while Vito had the match of the day with Jack Mueller. Short breaks.

Chad Red up on Verkleeren, 4-1, after the 1st period.

And he Red gets the win, 4-3

Berge - Lugo in the 66 kg final

1st period: Berge with an early 1, and Lugo with a late 2, so it ends 1-2, Lugo

2nd period: Lugo with 2, and then another 2, to go up 1-6. Berge gets 1, but then Lugo with 2 more, 2-8. Then Berge with 2 with @ 1 min left, 4-8. Berge with a late 2 to make it 6-8. And that's how it ends.

Very impressed with Berge today. Had seen very little of him before and TBH had wondered if the Verkleeren addition was going to end up a problem for him.

On his feet he's the real deal. Even in the match against Lugo it was an issue of not being able to finish against a stronger opponent but that is to be expected. Hes much quicker than I expected and looks to be a very good athlete.

Plus he's not huge at 65kg. Maybe 149 is a long term option.

Have yet to see much of him in the mat yet, so there's that. Showed no interest in par terre but again haven't seen much of him so don't know how he is on top.

Love Verkleeren s confidence butI dont see him beating that kid. Guess we will see.

Very impressed with Berge today. Had seen very little of him before and TBH had wondered if the Verkleeren addition was going to end up a problem for him.

On his feet he's the real deal. Even in the match against Lugo it was an issue of not being able to finish against a stronger opponent but that is to be expected. Hes much quicker than I expected and looks to be a very good athlete.

Plus he's not huge at 65kg. Maybe 149 is a long term option.

Have yet to see much of him in the mat yet, so there's that. Showed no interest in par terre but again haven't seen much of him so don't know how he is on top.

Love Verkleeren s confidence butI dont see him beating that kid. Guess we will see.

Mark Hall - Wow! Destroyed Marinelli! Hope Mark didn't mess up his neck on that last nuclear launch of a takedown

Could someone provide some details. Did he go off looking like he's in serious pain, holding his neck, on a stretcher????

A little detail would be nice for someone watching blue and red guys on floarena

Reactions: diggerpup
He was holding his neck and visibly wincing. Immediately said something to Sanderson about it as he walked off the mat.

Last edited:
He had a delayed reaction to the injury. Got up, walked to the center, and then grabbed his neck in visible pain.

For those who can't see, Mark Hall is wrestling in a neck brace.

And still went double overs for his first points.

He said when he gets away from wrestling he likes to go fishing. Love this kid even more.

Reactions: diggerpup
Can someone explain to me, please, how that initial sequence in Hall-Marinelli 2 was scored 4-1 as opposed to 6-0? I thought Hall had a TD(2) with exposure points (another 2) and a turn (2).

They went to review and decided it was 4-1. Aside from my confusion about Hall's score, I don't understand Marinelli's 1 point.

I'm afraid I don't get Freestyle.

Can someone explain to me, please, how that initial sequence in Hall-Marinelli 2 was scored 4-1 as opposed to 6-0? I thought Hall had a TD(2) with exposure points (another 2) and a turn (2).

They went to review and decided it was 4-1. Aside from my confusion about Hall's score, I don't understand Marinelli's 1 point.

I'm afraid I don't get Freestyle.

He got the point for a failed challenge.

McKee Gomez series was pretty entertaining, lots of points, par for the course in most of McKee's FS matches. McKee eked by in the rubber match.

Liked I've said many times that Hall is a natural..He is so quick and slick and is stronger than he looks. He can toy with almost anyone gonna be a gold medal winner someday and maybe even in 2020. His quickness cannot not be coached he has that since I watched him in 7th grade..Minnesota lost a great one and with Gable Stevenson they could have been something but that is the way it goes..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT