ADVERTISEMENT

Junior WT Trials Thread

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
let's put all comments about results, etc. from the Junior World Team Trials in this thread

Brady Berge wins his R16 match over Ben Hornickle (Wyoming Wrestling RTC), 8-2

Luke Pletcher losing to Nick Farro at the end of the 1st, 2-5, @ 60 kg quarters

appears that Pletcher fell to Farro, 4-6

Hayden Hidlay (Wolfpack Wrestling Club) defeats Austin Kraisser (Campbell U) in the 74 kg QF, 14-2

so the 66 kg quarters are set as follows:

1. Kanen Storr (Cyclone RTC) vs. Cole Martin (Univ. of Wisconsin)
2. Austin O'Connor (Izzy Style) vs. Patricio Lugo (Gladiator Wrestling)
3. David Carr (TMWC) vs. Jarod Verkleeren (Young Guns)
4. Brady Berge (Pinnancle) vs. Jeren Glosser (Univ. of Iowa)

in the 66 kg quarters:

2. Patricio Lugo defeated Austin O'Connor, 12-2

1. Kanen Storr defeated Cole Martin, 10-0

other 2 66 kg quarters still to come

last 66 kg quarter, David Carr over Jarod Verkleeren, 11-1 @ 3:48. It was 9-1 at the end of the 1st period.

Reactions: fronk71
Verk just outmatched by carr.

Berge never paniced and let match come to him.

This will b a F@# match, but i think carr looks fresher than berge. Glosser really appeared to zap berges steam.

I think Verkleeran got burned on that call against Carr. He initiated throw in bounds, got Carr to his back out of bounds. What am I missing there rules-wise? Huge swing too, Verk would've been up 5-4, instead down 9-1.

Ben Freeman and Sam Turner, the guys Nick Lee lost to at the Open, just went 0-2 at 66KG.

so in the 66 kg quarters:

Patricio Lugo (Gladiator Wrestling) defeated Kanen Storr (Cyclone RTC), 13-3 @ 5:24

Brady Berge (Pinnacle) defeated David Carr (TMWC), 5-3. It was 1-1 after the 1st. Carr got a TD at 2:16 to take a 3-1 lead, but Berge with the 4-point move with 50 sec left, to get the win

So Lugo will face Berge in the finals

Reactions: mcruny42
also at 66 kg, it appears that in the Consolation bracket, Jarod Verkleeren's 1st opponent will be Chad Red.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT