at least 54" for a keeper.​

Inland Waters: Seasons and Possession Limits

Today's date: 8/2/17

Species Season Possession Limit
Walleye and Sauger
5/13/17 - 2/25/18 6 combined, not more than one walleye over 20"

Northern Pike 5/13/17 - 2/25/18 3, not more than one over 30"

Muskellunge 6/3/17 - 12/1/17 1, minimum size 54"

Largemouth and smallmouth bass in the Northeast zone, north and east of US Hwy 53 from Duluth to International Falls and Pelican and Ash lakes in St. Louis County.
Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass 5/13/17 - 2/25/18 6 combined

Largemouth and smallmouth bass in the rest of the state
Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass
5/27/17 - 9/10/17 5/27/17 - 9/10/17 6 combined

Reactions: Dogwelder
That MN Musky must be
at least 54" for a keeper.​

Inland Waters: Seasons and Possession Limits

Today's date: 8/2/17

Species Season Possession Limit
Walleye and Sauger
5/13/17 - 2/25/18 6 combined, not more than one walleye over 20"

Northern Pike 5/13/17 - 2/25/18 3, not more than one over 30"

Muskellunge 6/3/17 - 12/1/17 1, minimum size 54"

Largemouth and smallmouth bass in the Northeast zone, north and east of US Hwy 53 from Duluth to International Falls and Pelican and Ash lakes in St. Louis County.
Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass 5/13/17 - 2/25/18 6 combined

Largemouth and smallmouth bass in the rest of the state
Largemouth and Smallmouth Bass
5/27/17 - 9/10/17 5/27/17 - 9/10/17 6 combined
Oops-dont tell anyone:eek:! But my last one was almost 40 years ago, so might have been legal then.

Reactions: Dogwelder and T J
Oops-dont tell anyone:eek:! But my last one was almost 40 years ago, so might have been legal then.

LOL - No worries.

Big Muskies are the kinds of fish
you remember catching
40 years later. ;)

LOL - No worries.

Big Muskies are the kinds of fish
you remember catching
40 years later. ;)
yep. I was heartbroken when the mount burned in a house fire. So much fun that trip. Also had a 19 lb Northern from the same lake. Remember the boat, who was there, everything about the fights, the feeling afterward-but not the name of the lake.

Reactions: T J
I watched this play out on Twitter and I'm with Julia. She made a sensible, innocuous public comment, one very similar to one James Green made awhile back, and Jordan Burroughs, followed by a few others, took offense as if it was directed at them. Julia does a lot for women's wrestling and I'm grateful she's so active on Twitter because I often learn a lot.

Julia was merely acknowledging, with no animosity, a reality that women's and greco don't get the same numbers and attention, a fact that's obvious enough in this very thread. Burroughs' response was overly sensitive and defensive because it wasn't about him. Richard Immel's response makes the same mistake, thinking Julia is "attacking" USAW when she's merely encouraging her Twitter followers to keep watching the Junior Worlds, knowing full well that many turn off. If you're offended by that it says more about you than her.

I also agree. Greco is the red-headed step child in this country, and it drives me absolutely bonkers. I don't blame the media outlets.
Shouts out to fivepointmove.com

Plainly, she is guilty of TWF. Tweeting While Female.
I agree it kind of smacks of that, especially given that James Green wasn't hushed in the same manner for the same supposed offense. But I'm also reluctant to get into Burroughs' head to determine that sexism is what set him off. Labeling individuals' motivations as particular institutional maladies, no matter how real, is a shortcut and often the cause for a debate going south, fast. I get why it happens but I try not to go there because it doesn't move things along. And I'm also reluctant to get into the heads of everyone who piled on, except to say that I'll bet the argument would've gone differently had someone lower on the wrestling power rankings than Jordan Burroughs had been the one taking offense.

I find that misunderstandings like this are prevalent in the internet universe, cell phone universe...all places where communication is "electronic". Won't take sides on this one, I see both point of views.

Happens here too guys :).

I watched this play out on Twitter and I'm with Julia. She made a sensible, innocuous public comment, one very similar to one James Green made awhile back, and Jordan Burroughs, followed by a few others, took offense as if it was directed at them. Julia does a lot for women's wrestling and I'm grateful she's so active on Twitter because I often learn a lot.

Julia was merely acknowledging, with no animosity, a reality that women's and greco don't get the same numbers and attention, a fact that's obvious enough in this very thread. Burroughs' response was overly sensitive and defensive because it wasn't about him. Richard Immel's response makes the same mistake, thinking Julia is "attacking" USAW when she's merely encouraging her Twitter followers to keep watching the Junior Worlds, knowing full well that many turn off. If you're offended by that it says more about you than her.
I'm no knee-jerk SJW but she's totally in the right here - Burroughs reply and subsequent takes were really muddle-headed and tone-deaf.

It is 5:00AM.......K.Bey has won both matches handily. Tayler Lamont won his first match 6-2. Hancock won his first match 9-1. All still in the hunt for gold. Severado has yet to wrestle.

Last edited:
Reactions: PSUisawesome
Taylor La Mont will start his 60kg quarterfinal against Sweden in about 10 min. as will Cevion Jor Severado in his first 50kg match against Israel.
Severado goes first.......scores 1 pt. at the 1:00 mark....tied 1-1 after period 1.
Severado gets 2 at the2:34 mark...leads 3-1. Now 4-1 with 2:14 left.
Lamont is now up. Severado up 4-1 with 40 sec. remaining. Two quick scores...Lamont with 4 followed by a quick 1 and 2....Lamont leads 4-3. Severado wins 6-1 on to the Quarters! Period one ends...Lamont 4-3 Still 4-3 at the 1:55 mark. Now 6-3 Lamont with 1:34 to go. 2 more for Lamont. 8-3....20 sec. Lamont is into the Semis! 8-3

It looks like Severado will be back on the mats quickly....has a Quarterfinal against Dudzinski of Poland. Underway.......1 minute gone...no score. Severado gets 4!....4-0 Another 4....8-0 Tech and on to the Semis! USA is 8-0 so far.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT