ADVERTISEMENT

Junior Worlds

Thanks for taking one for the team! Middle of the night during the week doesn't work for me!

Mark Hall with a brutal draw. Russia in the 2nd round (3rd- Yarygin) and Iran in the quarters (1st- Junior Asian Championships).

Moore gets Iran right away.

First day draws can now be seen. Hall gets a guy from Ukraine in the first round and then will have a really big match up in the second round against winner of the Russian (Valiev) and the Azerbaijan (Abduliaev). Here is a write-up on the first day, which starts tonight at 3 AM Eastern time (Finland is seven hours ahead): http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2017/July/31/Junior-Worlds-FS1-Weigh-in
Thanks and ouch ugh. I get butterflies around this stuff but wouldn't have it any other way.

Not disputing that, but still a shitty draw.
Yeah butterflies. I am surprised how nervous I get before other people's matches. My own were nerve wracking for sure. But I get just as nervous before my son's matches. Watching the kids on our Junior team feels almost as intense.

Yeah butterflies. I am surprised how nervous I get before other people's matches. My own were nerve wracking for sure. But I get just as nervous before my son's matches. Watching the kids on our Junior team feels almost as intense.
Repechage makes it worse.

Late Night Gang, checking in. Gonna bite the bullet and buy this stream. Don't $&$* this up, Track.

Boutta win this Monopoly game, same time.

Just won the Monopoly game, in time to fully focus on this.
I don't believe in science, I believe in signs.

Attendance as usual could literally not be worse. Let's have this in Pennsylvania and see the turnout.

Watching Marks next match Russian ahead 5:0 after 3 minutes. High stance almost GR. Pretty sloppy not that worried. Russian getting a Gable wrap. Russian looks 25. Lunging shot from space Russian gets two more. This is looking like a Mark Hall blowout. Aze gets a push out. Sucky match finally over 7-1. Mark gets the Russian. My bet the Russian is hard to score on but he will not be able to score on Mark. Predict Mark wins 5-0

Reactions: bdv
McKee wrestling a kid from Georgia:
Georgia gets 2 on a shrug
McKee gets in on a double doesn't finish
McKee gets 4 from head pinch then gives up 2 basically slipping
4-4
McKee down by criteria at the break
Georgia gets 2 commits to lace doesn't score
Georgia gets 2 more
8-4 1:30 left
McKee 2 to a gut wrench 2 more
Somehow now 9-8 Georgia
30 seconds left McKee scrambles amazingly gets two on a tilt plus one for a failed challenge wins 11-9
Beats an excellent opponent

McKee with a hell of a match, there. Relies on the head pinch a bit much, but pulls out the W in the finals seconds. Wow.

Heineselman makes his debut with "hells bells playing in the background"
Wrestling a tiny German
They need to feed that kid
H gets first blood step out 1
H in on a nice double no finish
H sweet duck under no finish
H low single for 2
3-0 at break all offense by H
German surprises off whistle feet to back for 4
4-3 German with 2 minutes left
H gets 1 on step out
4-4
Criteria with German lots of stalling by G
H gets step out with 12 seconds left beats stalling German
USA 3 for 3

Mark wrestles the Russian:
Nice single for 2
Made scramble no points
Mark up 2-0
Mark tries head pinch gets beat for 2
Scramble makes f-big Herculean effort crotch lift for 2
Mark up 4-2 with 2 minutes left in a very hard match
Battle to 30 seconds left Russian in on a single Mark turns it into a cradle and throws for 2 more with 12 seconds left. This throw appears to be completely improvised by a great athlete. Mark wins 6-2

Hall lost the head pinch, but after leading 4-2 late in the match he (Hall) got the Russian in a cradle to make it a final 6-2. Nice win.

Mark's body awareness is absolutely insane. No matter what position he is in he seems to come out on top. And his defense is as good as it comes. Also wish he would open up a bit more but can't complain with the results!

McKee scores 4 head pinches and a go-behind.

I'm really happy for him, but he needs to be able to do more than a freaking head pinch, man.

McKee wrestles a kid from Japan:
Three head pinches or 6
Take down for 2
McKee up 8-0 45 seconds in
Head pinch and tech at 1:32 left in the 1st
That was easy

The head pinch seems to be working though
You're not wrong, but when somebody figures it out, you're kinda screwed. McKee could be the future of our Senior team. It's not that I don't think he has offense, but if he coasts to a JR Worlds title off nothing but a head pinch, my respect for this tournament will greatly fall.

ADVERTISEMENT