ADVERTISEMENT

Julian Fleming update

I’m sure he’ll enjoy another trip to the playoffs. It’s probably fun
Yea and if Fleming can play himself into the starting lineup next year as expected, then he made the right business decision because Stroud is only going to get better and better.

Reactions: db90
It only took the nation’s top recruit the better part of two years in a 56-7 blowout.
Wonder if he and Justin Shorter are concerned about why to$u isn’t developing him more quickly.
He's had injury problems his first two year - he had shoulder surgery during this last offseason and has had a hamstring problem this year. He's finally been healthy the last 3 games or so.

He's had injury problems his first two year - he had shoulder surgery during this last offseason and has had a hamstring problem this year. He's finally been healthy the last 3 games or so.
People are so bitter because a guy picks what’s better for him. He will play in the playoffs again and probably be a bigger contributor again next year when OSU will be top 5 …again.
He will enjoy an education on the same scale as psu, wins against psu each year he attends, playoffs, conference championships, media adoration and big wins on big stages. Im sure he is enjoying these years quite a bit

It only took the nation’s top recruit the better part of two years in a 56-7 blowout.
Wonder if he and Justin Shorter are concerned about why to$u isn’t developing him more quickly.
Agreed. We’ve got a great WR room. Good luck to him. Fans are like me pining for my high school sweet heart when I’ve been married to a wonderful woman for decades

Last year he was competing with Wilson, Olave and Jameson Williams....who has over 1,200 Yards this season for Alabama. Very good chance all 3 of them are 1st Rounders.

Wilson, Olave and Jackson Smith-Njigba all went over 100 yards yesterday for the 2nd time this year. JS-N is already over 1,000 yards this year. Wilson needs 11 yards and Olave 100 and change.

Already mentioned, Fleming has been injured a lot. But he's likely starting next season with JS-N and Emeka Egbuka, who was the #1 WR 2 years ago. And Harrison Jr. Will be in the mix.

Reactions: dailybuck777
People are so bitter because a guy picks what’s better for him. He will play in the playoffs again and probably be a bigger contributor again next year when OSU will be top 5 …again.
He will enjoy an education on the same scale as psu, wins against psu each year he attends, playoffs, conference championships, media adoration and big wins on big stages. Im sure he is enjoying these years quite a bit
what many of us regret is the many many trips to PSU that resulted in getting jilted. I honestly think our current receiving room is just fine and we are bringing in some studs. None of that is important to my point. I don't quite get the idea that if you are benchwarmer the idea of going to the play offs is all that appealing. It seems to me if you sit on the bench it doesn't much matter if you sit in a playoff game a NY 6 bowl . Kids like Fleming are about getting into the League and sitting anywhere isn't enjoyable.

Not at all bitter about his choice. He had every right to go where he chooses.

How he handled it is a very different matter. Had he possessed the balls to simply say he liked to$u better, there would be no issue. That’s not what he did, however. Instead, he used a fabricated excuse about a lazy, overrated player not developing as expected as his reason for going elsewhere. That is gutless and a pretty good indication of his lack of character.

Oh by the way, Shorter was also injured for much of his first and second years. When the injuries healed, it turned out that he wasn’t very good at football. He then showed his lack of character by quitting on his teammates during the season. If Fleming doesn’t earn a starting role next year, his ass will be in the portal. You can chisel that in stone.

Last edited:
Not at all bitter about his choice. He had every right to go where he chooses.

How he handled it is a very different matter. Had he possessed the balls to simply say he liked to$u better, there would be no issue. That’s not what he did, however. Instead, he used a fabricated excuse about a lazy, overrated player not developing as expected as his reason for going elsewhere. That is gutless and a pretty good indication of his lack of character.

Oh by the way, Shorter was also injured for much of his first and second years. When the injuries healed, it turned out that he wasn’t very good at football. He then showed his lack of character by quitting on his teammates during the season. If Fleming doesn’t earn a starting role next year, his ass will be in the portal. You can chisel that in stone.
Maybe, I guess I don’t care much about him the want he probably doesn’t care much about psu anymore while he is celebrating with his teammates

what many of us regret is the many many trips to PSU that resulted in getting jilted. I honestly think our current receiving room is just fine and we are bringing in some studs. None of that is important to my point. I don't quite get the idea that if you are benchwarmer the idea of going to the play offs is all that appealing. It seems to me if you sit on the bench it doesn't much matter if you sit in a playoff game a NY 6 bowl . Kids like Fleming are about getting into the League and sitting anywhere isn't enjoyable.

Yeah, can't imagine he's enjoying his time on the bench.

But when you're sitting behind 3 future 1st rounders as part of an all-time WR group, at least you're learning from and practicing with the best. If he can't leverage that into a breakout next season, don't know what to tell him. So, he still has all of his goals in front of him, from what I can tell.

Of course, OSU is bringing in a fresh crop of stud WRs, so not only is he competing with other current freshmen, but he'll need to beat out the new kids next year. Won't get any easier.

But, never can blame a kid for going to one of the elites where they churn out 1st rounders.

Not sure why "some" of our fans focus on these kids who are making a decision so much. Good luck to him. He's a PA kid. I hope he sucks against us and doesn't hurt us in other games, but I don't have ill-will. It just looks petty and pathetic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT