ADVERTISEMENT

Journeymen Collegiate Classic, Nov. 12 Bethlehem Freedom High

dbldoofus

Jan 18, 2017
PA D1
www.ismycomputeronfire.com
I got my ticket. There are 600 available. Well, 599 now.
$50 +$3 in fees.
I'll be in my Penn State sweatshirt

(This may be the first thread I ever started.... watch, someone will find one that was already started for this topic....:eek:)

From the email:
This event has very limited seating: 600 total tickets. Fifty percent of the seating opportunities are in the bleachers, while the remaining 50% of the spectating opportunities is via standing room only mat side. This tournament is built for the teams and competition oriented, not spectator driven. The format is modified round robin bracketing - not a traditional championship bracket. Essentially 6 to 8 evenly matched competitors are positioned in a modified round robin bracket : 3 on one side and three on the other . Guaranteeing each competitor 3 to four matches . That said there will be some unbelievable wrestling and marque national level match ups peppered throughout the day. In the end this setting will be very similar to the Bill Farrell (NYAC) Freestyle tournament. 17 teams will participate on 8 mats ( the lower gym), 2 mats in the upper gym. We just want to make sure expectation are met and you understand the setting in advance. ||Finally theres also a D-1 dual meet tournament at Library HS on Saturday Nov 11, 2023 . |

Last edited:
too old to stand so does a ticket guarantee a seat or first come first served?

If you subscribe for the month to watch this you will also get the Army Invitational, the Bill Farrel and the NWCAall star event. Not a bad cost to get those 4 events.

FloWrestling doesn’t have that option but I used FloBowling and that had access to everything that is Flo

Reactions: donboy6499
Or just listen to Byers.
You set me up for this one, but it's what I do e'rry chance I get...
Happy Joel Mchale GIF by ABC Network

You set me up for this one, but it's what I do e'rry chance I get...
Happy Joel Mchale GIF by ABC Network
And he slams the alley oop. ;)

Actually for me, by writing off Flo and just decided to go old school and listen, I don’t experience any angst or hand wringing over Flo’s policies and technical misses. The magic of imagination and story telling…..is just better for me.

And he slams the alley oop. ;)

Actually for me, by writing off Flo and just decided to go old school and listen, I don’t experience any angst or hand wringing over Flo’s policies and technical misses. The magic of imagination and story telling…..is just better for me.
I get it. Feel the same about baseball, though ultimately greatly appreciate being able to see Cael brand wrestling with my eyeballs.

I get it. Feel the same about baseball, though ultimately greatly appreciate being able to see Cael brand wrestling with my eyeballs.
Don’t get me wrong. To that I agree. If someone else were televising…I’m in. But I’m not in the mood to be fooled yet again by Flo. My writing them off completely chilled me TF out.

Reactions: Ski and Split shot
Don’t get me wrong. To that I agree. If someone else were televising…I’m in. But I’m not in the mood to be fooled yet again by Flo. My writing them off completely chilled me TF out.
I agree 100%. I enjoy watching PS Wrestling on any platform other than FLO. After several years of their video/audio ineptness, very often at the most inopportune times. I much prefer Byers. They just can't/won't get their feeds squared away for an enjoyable product.

Any chance we see an alirez vs woods rematch at 141 at the NWCA all star event ?
Probably not, with Alirez taking an Olympic redshirt, but since the matches are unofficial, who knows. I’d think Beau vs Real is more likely.

Probably not, with Alirez taking an Olympic redshirt, but since the matches are unofficial, who knows. I’d think Beau vs Real is more likely.
That would be even better.

I saw somewhere were woods said we may see a rematch this year and was thinking maybe this could be the venue. But than wondered if the “committee” would choose someone not wrestling this year.

The matchups this year could be highly entertaining.

I would not mind if it were Beau vs Real at 141, however, I would like to try to see more matches that we do not normally get to see or will not see in the regular season.

Strategically, I hope it's Woods vs. McNeil or Matthews, and Beau scouts the match with the coaches.
Those matchups work I’d prefer Matthews . I’m not convinced that would be the coaches mentality but it certainly could be.

Guess I won’t say who I want to see at 184. Lol

Hoping they make the announcements soon

I agree 100%. I enjoy watching PS Wrestling on any platform other than FLO. After several years of their video/audio ineptness, very often at the most inopportune times. I much prefer Byers. They just can't/won't get their feeds squared away for an enjoyable product.
While I agree with the comments about Flo's streaming issues, and I also much prefer Byers, Penn State has had their share of audio streaming issues on the GoPSU Sports platform over the past couple years.

While I agree with the comments about Flo's streaming issues, and I also much prefer Byers, Penn State has had their share of audio streaming issues on the GoPSU Sports platform over the past couple years.
Yeah maybe, but we are not paying $150.00 a year for the rights to watch it. I don't know, but the more I pay the more I expect. Just one persons opinion.

Yeah maybe, but we are not paying $150.00 a year for the rights to watch it. I don't know, but the more I pay the more I expect. Just one persons opinion.
My comments were not meant to be an apples to apples comparison; and I agree and share your frustration with Flo-I'm certainly not defending Flo. I'm just frustrated that a multimillion dollar operation such as Penn State Athletics can't get their s___ together with live audio (wrestling) streams.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT