ADVERTISEMENT

John O'Neill Can Kiss My @ss

Can someone explain the defensive holding call on the Oweh sack late in the 2nd? I missed it last night and they didn’t show any replay during the BTN replay this morning. Set up that huge drive for them.

Here's my best guess because it was a hot mess. O'Neill clearly called the hold on #28. But I think he must have meant #29 because Oweh was sacking the QB and they did show a quick picture of Reid. But he also said repeat 2nd down even though defensive holding carries an automatic first down. They did eventually give Iowa a first down. They never showed a replay and Blackledge said they could not see a defensive holding. So really, it's anybody's guess as to what actually happened.

O'Neill saw the TD. That's why he stared at the screen so long and so angrily. He was just debating with himself whether or not it was too obvious to take away the TD. Ultimately he decided it didn't matter.
Exactly. Of course he saw it. All the officials did.

The bad part about the play is the "Booth" overturned the call of TD, that means 1 or more officials watched the replay, and still got it wrong.

The multi billion industry that the NCAA is , should have a pool of officials nationally like the NFL, pay them and randomly place them at least for power 5 teams. If officiating was and is fair why do non conference games have split officials, or why do conferences have their own officials in general
Exactly. Who do you think “ The Booth” is? Big10!

Are you new to watching PSU games? Do we need to list all the screw jobs we’ve been involved in? This is going on for over 2 decades. Enough is enough
Going by your logic and law of averages, it should even out over time. Do you think it realistically has?
Watching Since the late 70's you? It shouldnt have been overturned on the amount of evidence but I stick by what I said when first TV replay showed before they reviewed it he was a few inches short in the instant his knee hit. Hearing the constant we get screwed more than anyone else just gets tiresome to me. I didnt think the targeting call should have been made to start with and thankfully overturned as the its much more important going forward

Watching Since the late 70's you? It shouldnt have been overturned on the amount of evidence but I stick by what I said when first TV replay showed before they reviewed it he was a few inches short in the instant his knee hit. Hearing the constant we get screwed more than anyone else just gets tiresome to me. I didnt think the targeting call should have been made to start with and thankfully overturned as the its much more important going forward
This started in September 1993. Squirrel meet acorn!

O'Neil just stinks at officiating. I don't think he likes Michigan any more than PSU. So even if we get him next week it's not the end of the world.

This started in September 1993. Squirrel meet acorn!

Bingo. And to answer you squirrel, I started at PSU in 1976.
Maybe it wouldn’t be so tiresome if it didn’t happen repeatedly to us. I’d love to know of another school screwed as often as we have been.

Reactions: Fibes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT