ADVERTISEMENT

Jemele Hill goes after Scott Paterno on twitter, avoids his point

He ran the University Park PA Police Department as the named "police commissioner" of that duly-authorized Pennsylvania Municipal Police Force -- IOW, he had the power to hire or fire not only Harmon, but any other officer on the squad whenever he saw fit. He also had the power to instruct Harmon to initiate any, and all, investigations he saw fit bozo!
Harmon was responsible for initiating investigations. He was under no obligation to initiate an investigation at the request of Schultz.

He was not the police.

Harmon was responsible for initiating investigations. He was under no obligation to initiate an investigation at the request of Schultz.

He was not the police.

Wrong again dip$hit, he was Harmon's boss and the named "police commissioner" of the University Park, PA Police Department. Here is the definition of "police commissioner" according to Merriam-Webster dumb@ss:

:an appointed civilian official commissioned to regulate and control the appointment, duties, and discipline of the police and to act as the chief executive of the police department in a political unit (as a city)

"Control the appointment, duties and discipline of the police" is the diametric opposite of what you claim dumb@ss -- IOW, Harmon was ABSOULUTELY "obligated" to adhere to specific instruction handed down by Schultz. You're full of $hit as per usual.

Reactions: dshumbero
I'm not really sure of the whole structure and responsibilities of the campus police force. I am taking you at your word. That being the case, isn't a lot of this on Harmon then?

Wrong again dip$hit, he was Harmon's boss and the named "police commissioner" of the University Park, PA Police Department. Here is the definition of "police commissioner" according to Merriam-Webster dumb@ss:

"Control the appointment, duties and discipline of the police" is the diametric opposite of what you claim dumb@ss -- IOW, Harmon was ABSOULUTELY "obligated" to adhere to specific instruction handed down by Schultz. You're full of $hit as per usual.
No, you do not understand the role that Schultz had. Harmon ultimately made the decision on investigations.

I'm not really sure of the whole structure and responsibilities of the campus police force. I am taking you at your word. That being the case, isn't a lot of this on Harmon then?
It depends on whether Harmon was notified. I haven't seen any indication that he was. I find it peculiar that he was not part of any of the emails. That makes zero sense to me.

It depends on whether Harmon was notified. I haven't seen any indication that he was. I find it peculiar that he was not part of any of the emails. That makes zero sense to me.

Really? You must have missed the e-mail where Schultz specifically told him to fetch the 1998 Incident Police File involving Sandusky for him within the first several business days of MM's report - why am I not surprised that you are factually wrong yet again, LMFAO!

Really? You must have missed the e-mail where Schultz specifically told him to fetch the 1998 Incident Police File involving Sandusky for him within the first several business days of MM's report - why am I not surprised that you are factually wrong yet again, LMFAO!
That's why I am asking. I recall that as well. Did he just hand over the report and not ask any questions? Wouldn't it be his responsibility to inquire as to the reason for the request by Schultz?

Only in your fantasy world.

"I don't know what you would call it"

MM couldn't see any hands or privates and his entire glimpse was supposedly through a mirror. If you believe Dr. D's version all MM saw was JS and a kid leaving the shower area.
Paterno did what he was supposed to. I have very little doubt in that. I think Curley probably did what he was supposed to, though I am not certain. I'm not really sure what Spanier did. My inclination is that he did not do anything wrong. Schultz seems like a whole different situation to me. As the head of the police force, the information was brought to him. For whatever reason, there was not a full incestigation opened. I think that is his responsibility. Of all things at the upcoming trial, I am most intrigued to hear his reasoning for handling it the way he did.

How could Schultz start an official UPPD investigation without the one and only witness filing a written statement/police report??

He couldn't force MM to file a report if MM didn't want to or wasn't confident enough in what he THOUGHT JS and the kid were doing to take that step.

Having an informal off the record convo with the person in charge of police is a good start but its not the same thing as formally filing a criminal complaint so an actual LE investigation could get started. MM never took that step until 9 YEARS later when LE had to seek him out.

Reporting it to the Second Mile is not the same as reporting it to social services or the police. Now, if there was not a clear report from McQueary regarding what he saw or heard (which certainly is not out of the question) and they only took his report to mean an odd situation, I could see telling the Second Mile.

Reporting it to the Second Mile among every single behavior by Joe, MM, MM's father, Dranov, and the admin all point to MM not seeing or not communicating a sexual abuse act by Sandusky. I think this was pointed out in the Clemente report. Everyone wants to hang on a sentence fragment or 3 word emails with no context when the truth can most likely be seen by observing the behaviors and actions of all parties involved. If the trial takes place, the testimony may help some but I don't think it will provide any clarity. Prosecutor's case will be based on hindsight. As long as the jury realizes that to understand the situation, you have to go back in time and put yourself in the individual's shoes in 2001 with the information/lack of information they had at that time, the admin will walk and it won't be close.

Prosecutor's case will be based on hindsight. As long as the jury realizes that to understand the situation, you have to go back in time and put yourself in the individual's shoes in 2001 with the information/lack of information they had at that time, the admin will walk and it won't be close.

I agree with all of this. Except for the part about the admins walking. Unfortunately with all of the awful media coverage of this story, the jury pool is tainted to believe that as of 2001, Paterno and Penn State had already been covering up pedophilia for over 25 years.

I'm talking about 2001. Asking for him to fetch the 1998 file does not mean that he told TH about the 2001 allegation.

Reporting it to the Second Mile among every single behavior by Joe, MM, MM's father, Dranov, and the admin all point to MM not seeing or not communicating a sexual abuse act by Sandusky. I think this was pointed out in the Clemente report. Everyone wants to hang on a sentence fragment or 3 word emails with no context when the truth can most likely be seen by observing the behaviors and actions of all parties involved. If the trial takes place, the testimony may help some but I don't think it will provide any clarity. Prosecutor's case will be based on hindsight. As long as the jury realizes that to understand the situation, you have to go back in time and put yourself in the individual's shoes in 2001 with the information/lack of information they had at that time, the admin will walk and it won't be close.

I don't disagree with your overall point.

Reactions: Zenophile
So you then agree that the charges against Schultz are bull, because they are based on him being a Law Enforcement official?
Yes. I have long stated that no one from PSU should be charged because of how the law was terribly written at the time. The only thing that was likely a valid charge was perjury, but that is an incredibly hard charge to get a conviction for. I was not surprised that it was dropped.

Reporting it to the Second Mile is not the same as reporting it to social services or the police. Now, if there was not a clear report from McQueary regarding what he saw or heard (which certainly is not out of the question) and they only took his report to mean an odd situation, I could see telling the Second Mile.
Uh.......did someone - ANYONE - say that it was?

He was not the police.
Let me get this straight. You're saying that if Schultz told Harmon to open an investigation into Sandusky for possibly abusing a child, Harmon would say "F*** off, you ain't the boss of me."

But Schultz should have contacted the FBI, OAG, PSP, and Interpol, and they would have all dropped what they were doing because some nobody in charge of nothing in the middle of nowhere contacted them.

And in the end, it's Schultz's fault for not notifying the proper authorities.

Of course, but you would think that would have been disclosed by Schultz. He has made no indication that occurred (nor has TH).

Schultz has not had a trial yet, troll. Well except for the one that has occurred in the vacuum between your ears.

What it comes down to is this: TC's report of inappropriate shower and revoking of JS' guest privileges due to these inapp showers to TSM SHOULD HAVE caused a report to be made from TSM to CC CYS/DPW and also a protection plan put in place while it was being looked into. That never happened. The psu admins actions certainly did NOT prevent a report from being made, which is what the OAG is going to have to somehow prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

The state would have a slam dunk case against JR, heim, et al. at TSM for EWOC, FTR, and pretty much all the charges they threw at the PSU admins. Remember Kitty Genovese's statement that "they had to tell him to back off certain kids before" or something along those lines? TSM had received complaints from not only PSU admins but others apparently throughout the years and never took ANY action to revoke JS' access to kids are at least limit his 1:1 access to kids so no more "misunderstandings" could happen.

For some bizarre reason the OAG choose to break the constitution and throw the book at some non expert college admins instead of going for the slam dunk cae...hmmmm. Somethings not adding up here...

He ran the University Park PA Police Department as the named "police commissioner" of that duly-authorized Pennsylvania Municipal Police Force -- IOW, he had the power to hire or fire not only Harmon, but any other officer on the squad whenever he saw fit. He also had the power to instruct Harmon to initiate any, and all, investigations he saw fit bozo!

You guys need to quit pissing with JockstrapJohn and his PennLive bullshit.

We both know that Schultz was not a law enforcement authority.
Could Gary Schultz make an arrest? Could be preform any law enforcement duties?
You clearly don't understand his duties as the administrative head of the department. He wasn't the police.
Anyone has the power to reports the incident to TH. Yes, he would certainly have an easier time getting the ball rolling because of his administrative position, but to call him law enforcement isnt accurate.
Stop. Just, stop.
  • "He did report this to his supervisors, the Head of the Police Department." - Frank Fina on Joe Paterno
  • "McQueary, Paterno and Curley did report the incident to Schultz, who, as SVP-FB, was ultimately in charge of the University Police Department." - Louis Freeh
  • "As discussed above, evidence produced at the preliminary hearing established that Schultz's job responsibilities included oversight of the Penn State University Police Department and that he interacted regularly with the chief of the department [Tom Harmon] and expected to be kept apprised of sensitive issues involving the department. The Commonwealth submits that this made him a law enforcement official." - Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
CxZ7L_QXEAApVgo.jpg

BxRfuRuIgAEs163.png:large

You have wasted so much time chasing your tail and making us watch. The bad actors in this mess thank you for redirecting everyone's attention from their failures onto the one guy who unequivocally exceeded his reporting duty. In the name of the victims, Jive, just stop.

Let me get this straight. You're saying that if Schultz told Harmon to open an investigation into Sandusky for possibly abusing a child, Harmon would say "F*** off, you ain't the boss of me."

But Schultz should have contacted the FBI, OAG, PSP, and Interpol, and they would have all dropped what they were doing because some nobody in charge of nothing in the middle of nowhere contacted them.

And in the end, it's Schultz's fault for not notifying the proper authorities.
No, I didn't say that he would tell Schultz to "F*** off". I'm sure he would start the investigation. But it's his prerogative, not Schultz as to whether that investigation is done or not. And considering an investigation never occur, I would suspect that Gary never shared the information in the first place.

No, I didn't say that he would tell Schultz to "F*** off". I'm sure he would start the investigation. But it's his prerogative, not Schultz as to whether that investigation is done or not. And considering an investigation never occur, I would suspect that Gary never shared the information in the first place.
I would suspect that if Harmon never asked about why Schultz was asking for the information he was willfully negligent in his duties. Shouldn't he have suspected a criminal issue may have arisen?

Stop. Just, stop.
  • "He did report this to his supervisors, the Head of the Police Department." - Frank Fina on Joe Paterno
  • "McQueary, Paterno and Curley did report the incident to Schultz, who, as SVP-FB, was ultimately in charge of the University Police Department." - Louis Freeh
  • "As discussed above, evidence produced at the preliminary hearing established that Schultz's job responsibilities included oversight of the Penn State University Police Department and that he interacted regularly with the chief of the department [Tom Harmon] and expected to be kept apprised of sensitive issues involving the department. The Commonwealth submits that this made him a law enforcement official." - Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
CxZ7L_QXEAApVgo.jpg

BxRfuRuIgAEs163.png:large

You have wasted so much time chasing your tail and making us watch. The bad actors in this mess thank you for redirecting everyone's attention from their failures onto the one guy who unequivocally exceeded his reporting duty. In the name of the victims, Jive, just stop.
That's beautiful.

I get what you are saying but for DPW purposes they are absolutely a 'proper' authority - and what they should have done is clear and they chose to ignore it - and everyone continues to ignore them
If they were told about horseplay instead of what MM and Paterno testified that they told C&S, that would explain why there was no report.

I would suspect that if Harmon never asked about why Schultz was asking for the information he was willfully negligent in his duties. Shouldn't he have suspected a criminal issue may have arisen?
I have no problem questioning what Harmon knew and why he didn't inquire the reason as to why Schultz wanted the 98 file (if he didn't). I am not sure if the Commonwealth every looked into whether he was involved or not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT