ADVERTISEMENT

Football James Franklin Weekly Press Conference - Indiana week

He chokes every year against Ohio State and Michigan. His QB follows suit. Whether it be Hack, or Trace, or Cliff, and now Drew...they all choke. And bet the ranch Drew will choke on Nov 11.
November 11 may be a bye week!

We’ll see how the team reacts Saturday. Another noon start against underwhelming Indiana. Do they come out fired up ready to make a statement after the Ohio disaster or do we continue with the sloppy poor play and slow starts? There just seems to be a motivation problem with PSU teams at times.
The game to really watch is Maryland.

The game to really watch is Maryland.

That’s the next tricky game. You just never know what to expect from Maryland, other than they hate Penn State and will be fired up for the game.

I think you’ll still get a good insight into the character and attitude of this team watching Indiana on Saturday.

It's like he needs 4 days to notice anything. After Harrison rips off 3 catches in their first possession make some adjustments then in the moment. Don't tell us on Tuesday we should have done something to contain Harrison. Talk about a day late and a dollar short, my God this guy is overpaid. You already needed to be prepared. Harrison is basically their offense. Seems our coaches use snail mail when texting is available. Just slow on the uptake.
Were you born this biased and ignorant or did you perfect it over your lifetime? Did you watch the game? What he was referring to was the two plays where there were busted coverages leaving Harrison wide open. Interesting how when the defense plays well Diaz is a genius but when it has several costly breakdowns it’s Franklin’s fault huh?

Reactions: bison13
That’s the next tricky game. You just never know what to expect from Maryland, other than they hate Penn State and will be fired up for the game.

I think you’ll still get a good insight into the character and attitude of this team watching Indiana on Saturday.
They get fired up every year and the result 42-3-1.

Were you born this biased and ignorant or did you perfect it over your lifetime? Did you watch the game? What he was referring to was the two plays where there were busted coverages leaving Harrison wide open. Interesting how when the defense plays well Diaz is a genius but when it has several costly breakdowns it’s Franklin’s fault huh?
Right now he is a lousy game day coach so that is the truth. Believe what fantasy you want, fan boy.

They failed in containing Harrison both Diaz and Franklin. Harrison had 11 catches and set his personal record so did you watch the game??? Are you that ignorant??

Right now he is a lousy game day coach so that is the truth. Believe what fantasy you want, fan boy.

They failed in containing Harrison both Diaz and Franklin. Harrison had 11 catches and set his personal record so did you watch the game??? Are you that ignorant??

E-e-ee-e-ee-ee-e-e!!!

Reactions: bison13

No you confirmed you retired the cup on that a long time ago.

It's like he needs 4 days to notice anything. After Harrison rips off 3 catches in their first possession make some adjustments then in the moment. Don't tell us on Tuesday we should have done something to contain Harrison. Talk about a day late and a dollar short, my God this guy is overpaid. You already needed to be prepared. Harrison is basically their offense. Seems our coaches use snail mail when texting is available. Just slow on the uptake.
Were you actually expecting them to shut down Harrison? I sure wasn't. Harrison is a generational talent at WR, he is going to make some plays even with the best cover corner in the history of the game on him, especially considering our defensive scheme is a lot of man coverage. Before the game I figured Harrison would still get 100+ and hopefully not more than one TD. The key was to not let others beat us while at the same time not letting Harrison go insane. The defense did enough despite Harrison's stats.

The game was lost by the offense and mistakes were made everywhere... QB had a bad game, OL missed some things, WRs couldn't get open, WRs ran bad routes, RBs made some misreads at times, a few play calls were odd, TEs probably underutilized, etc. This was a true team loss but the blame lies squarely on the offense.

Were you actually expecting them to shut down Harrison? I sure wasn't. Harrison is a generational talent at WR, he is going to make some plays even with the best cover corner in the history of the game on him, especially considering our defensive scheme is a lot of man coverage. Before the game I figured Harrison would still get 100+ and hopefully not more than one TD. The key was to not let others beat us while at the same time not letting Harrison go insane. The defense did enough despite Harrison's stats.

The game was lost by the offense and mistakes were made everywhere... QB had a bad game, OL missed some things, WRs couldn't get open, WRs ran bad routes, RBs made some misreads at times, a few play calls were odd, TEs probably underutilized, etc. This was a true team loss but the blame lies squarely on the offense.
They didn't contain him though. He set a record for catches. One TD is okay I guess but we made it so easy for him on that play. Plus why did we not double him more? We lost out on 6 points because King was mugging him for no reason except I guess he thought he had no help. Why would he not have help? And the play was not going to Harrison any way, total wasted opportunity.

Yes, the offense was horrible and lost the game. My issue is Franklin cannot make adjustments well in-game. Seen it time and time again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT