ADVERTISEMENT

James Franklin, one can only hope

Both were 4* top 300 players. Still tough that they were major contributing players by year 2. They essentially supplanted Jenkins by the end of the season.
I'm looking at ESPN some of these other sites go back and change the ranking to make themselves look better, ESPN doesn't do that.

You can't say the O Line under Franklin has been effective. Football is a simple game. You have block, tackle and execute. It's situational, not brain surgery. I am not suggesting we return to three yards and a cloud of dust but our line at the average of 6' 5" , 300 + lbs does not know how to effectively run block. We have talented running backs who struggled this year and for many years. Michigan just showed everyone what power football is and there is no substitute for it . It wasn't until just two years ago that under Franklin that we saw a QB under center and utilized a full house back in certain situations. Football is won and lost up front. That is why we lose. Slow out of sync weak run blockers. Balance on both sides and we don't have it.
Neither line was the root of our problem this year. In the two regular season games we lost, the issue was the ability to have a balanced offense. Without the ability to stretch the field and keep DB's and LB's honest, they overplay the run so the there are almost always too many guys to block.

I'm looking at ESPN some of these other sites go back and change the ranking to make themselves look better, ESPN doesn't do that.

Espn doesn't seem to update theirs ever lol I would say they are the least reliable of all, where as the other 3 tend to at least group think certain kids into the top spots.

Reactions: Gitzit
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT