ADVERTISEMENT

It's tOSU week

I know that this has been discussed before about the BJC/PSU & wrestling but i have spent the last hour looking for a thread on tic's for the PSU vs. tOSU and i can't find one! Dumb me!!! Did everyone receive their tic's or do we use our cards? Thanks.
It seems like you might be a season ticket holder. I believe all tickets are electronic, did you check your online PSU Ticketmaster account?

It seems like you might be a season ticket holder. I believe all tickets are electronic, did you check your online PSU Ticketmaster account?

Paper tickets were included with your season ticket mailing. The electronic cards used for Rec Hall matches cannot be used.

Any chance Tan Tom ducks Lee this weekend?

Pletcher is not a ducker. Plus.....it is the only way that OSU would have a chance to win...….125, 141, 149, 157 and 197......with a punchers chance at 184 and an outside chance for Gas Tank Gary. If PSU wins at 141.....the path to victory is very slim.

Pletcher is not a ducker. Plus.....it is the only way that OSU would have a chance to win...….125, 141, 149, 157 and 197......with a punchers chance at 184 and an outside chance for Gas Tank Gary. If PSU wins at 141.....the path to victory is very slim.

Although I'm sad he wrestles for tOSU, I have a soft spot for Pletcher because he listed proximity to his family's hunting camp (in rural Ohio) as one of his reasons for going to tOSU.

I would get a real chuckle if PSU could
make this event a "Black Out". Hand out black t-shirts at the doors. Have the wrestlers wear them out for introductions, too.

CCCVM: black shirts, too.

It's how I would handle it. ;)
Tan Tom has an announcer on the mat. Surely we can one-up that.

This guy has been to the BJC for PSU Athletics events before (hint: not Coach Franklin).

Flavor-Flav.19f2707f.fill-735x490.png

Tom sure. Look what he had his own kid do.

Pletch no freaking way. I would think he wants this one pretty bad. Family in the stands, rivalry, pa pride....etc. etc.

I agree with this. Tan Tom has proven himself to be a ducker. Pletcher, I would think, wants to wrestle Lee very much.

That said, I don't think it's a good chance, but would it shock me if Tan Tom pulls him? No.

Reactions: danoftw
There will be no ducking. This is a free-roll. Regardless of outcome on Saturday, the NCAA 1-seed will be the B1G champ and the 2-seed will be the B1G runner-up
This, plus Tan Tom probably thinks he has a chance to win the dual outright -- it's a long shot but not completely outrageous for him to think so.

WrestleStat predicts 23-10 PSU -- but that includes PSU winning 141 and 197. (Only an algorithm could predict Shak over Moore.) If Tan Tom flips those 2, then he's winning 16-14 headed into HWT.

I don't think they can pull that off, but Tan Tom probably does.

And we all know how badly he would love to win at PSU.

There is NO chance he sits any healthy starters.

I would agree, he is not. I'm sure his kid didn't want to default his first match in the big10s either...

Hopefully Tan Tom is satisfied with his number of allotted tickets, and he spares us the pre-match belly-aching.

Reactions: danoftw
Last time tOSU was here at Rec..Tan Tom bitched about not being at BJC and limited tOSU fans. If he now sits his top guys to duck tough matches he looks like more of a complainer than he usually does.

Last edited:
Restaurant question, how is the Federal Taphouse? Yelp has mixed reviews. Any other recomendations for Mrs PSUPaul and myself? We like Barrel 21 Distillery, Otto’s and Happy Valley Brewing. I know we could go to the Tavern for all the side dishes, and surprisingly I have never been there despite being a PSU alum. We have done the Corner Room, miss the Diner (how it was in the 80/90’s at least). Liked the Field Burger and Tap when we went a few years ago. We have been to Nittany Lion Inn but never made it into Whiskers due to it being too busy, though we saw Aaron Brooks and Family go in one football weekend his last year in HS.

So, what is the can’t miss place?

Restaurant question, how is the Federal Taphouse? Yelp has mixed reviews. Any other recomendations for Mrs PSUPaul and myself? We like Barrel 21 Distillery, Otto’s and Happy Valley Brewing. I know we could go to the Tavern for all the side dishes, and surprisingly I have never been there despite being a PSU alum. We have done the Corner Room, miss the Diner (how it was in the 80/90’s at least). Liked the Field Burger and Tap when we went a few years ago. We have been to Nittany Lion Inn but never made it into Whiskers due to it being too busy, though we saw Aaron Brooks and Family go in one football weekend his last year in HS.

Federal tap house isn’t bad by any means. Can’t beat their beer selection, even at Zeno’s (my favorite place for a pint). The food is a bit overpriced, IMO, but tasty. and you’ll see a lot of PSU Wrestling luminaries there post match.

If you’re looking for a valentines date, a bit more out of town is former Spats-owner’s new farm to table restaurant, RE Farm Cafe. Though reservations are a must and may be tricky this weekend, it’s a great experience.

Federal tap house isn’t bad by any means. Can’t beat their beer selection, even at Zeno’s (my favorite place for a pint). The food is a bit overpriced, IMO, but tasty. and you’ll see a lot of PSU Wrestling luminaries there post match.

If you’re looking for a valentines date, a bit more out of town is former Spats-owner’s new farm to table restaurant, RE Farm Cafe. Though reservations are a must and may be tricky this weekend, it’s a great experience.
I saw that on Yelp and want to try sometime, probably not this Saturday, want enough time before the meet and after, with a 2 hour drive home, would be a late night. Maybe Oly Trials weekend!

I saw that on Yelp and want to try sometime, probably not this Saturday, want enough time before the meet and after, with a 2 hour drive home, would be a late night. Maybe Oly Trials weekend!
Makes sense--I think RE does a brunch seating on Saturdays too. One thing about Federal Taphouse--it have a very "urban" feel to it, which is cool, if weird for State College. Also means it's cavernous, and when crowded, very loud--FWIW. But I've seen DT, Lorenzo, Fritz, and others there after a big dual more than once.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul

My son and I go out to eat either before or after most matches. We like to try places we have never been to. Federal Taphouse is not one of my favorites. Have you ever been to the American Ale House at Tofftrees? Very good. It’s kind of hard to compare places. The Field has the best burgers. Facia Luna has the best pizza. Cafe 210 the best outdoor dining. All are good, but different. Impossible to judge one from the other.

Depends on the budget.

Carnegie House: $$$$, good food, quiet
American Ale House: $$$ food can be good, can be lively
The Field:$$ very good burgers, can be lively, seen lots of Athletes here
Spat's: $$ solid food, will need reservation to get a window on the street this weekend, best seat on College Ave!

This, plus Tan Tom probably thinks he has a chance to win the dual outright -- it's a long shot but not completely outrageous for him to think so.

WrestleStat predicts 23-10 PSU -- but that includes PSU winning 141 and 197. (Only an algorithm could predict Shak over Moore.) If Tan Tom flips those 2, then he's winning 16-14 headed into HWT.

I don't think they can pull that off, but Tan Tom probably does.

And we all know how badly he would love to win at PSU.

There is NO chance he sits any healthy starters.
If Tan Tom had his choice would he be better off starting at 197? If they win those two weights then he would be more inclined to wrestle Pletcher knowing they have a shot.

A few of us, I believe, are heading to the Federal Taphouse after the match. If all of us go, there will be three or four from here (all regular posters). I know you said you were heading home right after, but if you change your mind, let me know. Btw ... do you still have my contact info?

Piano Bar at Ale House (evening) is a great place to hear unusual lyrics to well known songs. Piano player (Tommy W.) digs wrestling (occasionally sits in with Ironhead on morning radio show). Food and drink are a bit pricy, but, the quality is well above average for S.C. Great place to hang out in the evening if you don’t have to drive back to Philly/Pitt.

If Tan Tom had his choice would he be better off starting at 197? If they win those two weights then he would be more inclined to wrestle Pletcher knowing they have a shot.
I don't understand why anyone thinks Pletcher might sit.

And I really can't comprehend Pletcher sitting being Ohio State's preferred option, that they'd only use him if they absolutely must.

Agree, but even if Pletcher does get an early TD Nick can neutralize that with his riding. Either by Pletcher taking neutral when it is his choice and giving up that escape point or by Nick having riding time. I don;t think Pletcher is going to be able to win with just one TD, he will need at least 2, whereas Nick only needs 1. Can;t wait to see how it actually plays out.

It will be a great match. Heading into the showdown, unless Lee is able to pick up multiple TD's I do not see him gaining a riding time point. Keeping Pletcher without scoring for 45+ seconds at one time will be super tough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT