ADVERTISEMENT

It's certainly possible for PSU to beat Texas

RickinDayton

May 29, 2001
Though I think Texas has a very distinct advantage inside offensively & defensively. PSU has already faced some really talented frontline players in the B1G, you know who they are, and has at times been able to overcome that disadvantage.
PSU is a senior laden team so I think this helps the younger players like Kebba, Evan and Kayne who are getting minutes. Kebba has seemed more relaxed and confident the last few games, his concentration and rebound positioning seem better. He realizes at this time the team needs him to focus on boxing out and defense.
Like last night, this game hinges on Pickett, Funk, Lundy and Dread having strong games.
I forsee either a Texas blowout win or a close PSU victory, by 5 pts or less.
Texas is much better than A & M.
Whatever the outcome, this team has been special and PSU needs to lock up Shrewsberry and his assistants with a new contract.

If they keep shooting like they did last night they have the ability to beat most teams. Funk shooting like vintage JJ Reddick.

Teams that can shoot threes and dont turn the ball over are always dangerous in the tourney. Pickett controlled that last game and will need to play solid again as he most always does. Texas is the best team in this region so a win here and this could get really interesting.

If we decide not to box out again it will be a long night.
We're ranked #289 in rebounds per game. I'm pretty sure that's not going to turn around in 48 hours. Was this the first game you've watched all year? We were only out rebounded 36-32.

We're ranked #289 in rebounds per game. I'm pretty sure that's not going to turn around in 48 hours. Was this the first game you've watched all year? We were only out rebounded 36-32.
I’ve watched every game…how about you? And we do get out rebounded, but not usually as bad on giving up offensive rebounds as we were last night.

Though I think Texas has a very distinct advantage inside offensively & defensively. PSU has already faced some really talented frontline players in the B1G, you know who they are, and has at times been able to overcome that disadvantage.
PSU is a senior laden team so I think this helps the younger players like Kebba, Evan and Kayne who are getting minutes. Kebba has seemed more relaxed and confident the last few games, his concentration and rebound positioning seem better. He realizes at this time the team needs him to focus on boxing out and defense.
Like last night, this game hinges on Pickett, Funk, Lundy and Dread having strong games.
Whatever the outcome, this team has been special and PSU needs to lock up Shrewsberry and his assistants with a new contract.
I looked at their roster. They are not a big team either. Their biggest starter is 6-9 in dylan disu. they start three guards (6' Tyrese Hunter, 6-2 Marcus carr and 6-1 timmy allen) and another forward (6-8 dillon Mitchell). 6-4 Jabari Rice is the sixth man who plays G/F at 6-4. Marcus carr is averaging 16 ppg with Rice averaging 13 ppg.

they appear to be a better team basketball team with more athleticism. as a team they hit 35% of their 3s.

Reactions: indynittany
It will be difficult to beat Texas but if we do we deserve to be ranked in the top 25.

aTm had fewer rebound opportunities because PSU was naming shots.
The one where Funk almost got stripped then turned around and just without hesitation canned a 27 footer to me was the signal...over. I think it was in the 2H. Just a balls out shot and he knew it and naming shots, as you say, that was one.

Reactions: Obliviax
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT