ADVERTISEMENT

It's a must watch

nerfstate

Oct 10, 2017

I know this was posted somewhere here before (if there is a dedicated thread, feel free to merge mods), but geez was this satisfying. If you've ever found yourself watching Cael at a press conference and yearning to know what it really must be like for the team to be coached by him and his relatives, fork over the $ for a month on Rokfin, and watch. It would have had more payoff for sure if the actual wrestling competetion was strong enough to inspire suspense in any way, but if you're a fan of this team, I pretty much guarantee you want to watch this.

I know this was posted somewhere here before (if there is a dedicated thread, feel free to merge mods), but geez was this satisfying. If you've ever found yourself watching Cael at a press conference and yearning to know what it really must be like for the team to be coached by him and his relatives, fork over the $ for a month on Rokfin, and watch. It would have had more payoff for sure if the actual wrestling competetion was strong enough to inspire suspense in any way, but if you're a fan of this team, I pretty much guarantee you want to watch this.
Snyder (?):“You think you could hold me down for 5 seconds?”
Cael: “Days, 5 days”
Lol!!

Wait, was that a preview? If so, I am def signing up for a month

Reactions: nerfstate
I've been meaning to watch this, thanks for the prompt, Nerf. Really well done. Great access--everyone's really comfortable around the filmmaker, smartly edited. It's not entirely unlike the Flo stuff except that everyone is having fun. I hope they brought him along to Tokyo, where the wrestling will be more compelling than here. Hell, the practice wrestling was more compelling than the actual matches. Cael wrestling with everyone is hilarious.

Great point.
When FLO did their special on PSU / NLWC, FLO never talked or interviewed anyone from PSU / NLWC.
Well, yeah, it obviously differs in that respect, but that's only b/c Cael didn't give them access. The difference in this piece and Flo's is that Flo is always squeezing everything into a narrative, which sometimes works, sometimes feels forced. This was relaxed, and would be accessible to even non wrestling fans. It feels a little bit like the independent films you see on PBS's POV.

… Flo is always squeezing everything into a narrative, which sometimes works, sometimes feels forced. This was relaxed, and would be accessible …
This is a great point. It is similar to what people say (e.g., in a documentary) is the “secret” of the success of the “Inside the NBA” show: spontaneity and authenticity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT