ADVERTISEMENT

It will be official tomorrow.

A lot of these decision makers could careless if a game was ever played again. None of them will be forced to come out of hiding to explain themselves and definitely wouldn’t get a tough question from any media member anyways
Not true; that presser is scheduled to follow Freeh's Q&A session with alums.

If, say, the ACC (or any conference for that matter) were to approach Penn State about the possibility of joining the conference for a year, would they consider playing or has that ship officially sailed with the Big Ten presidents vote?

Maybe Vanderbilt, Arkansas, Miss State will all of a sudden become powerhouses. I agree. Take our team. Outside of probably Menet & Friermuth, we probably do not have many guys who crack the 2-deep on an Alabama or LSU roster. But I'd bet Vandy or Arkansas would sure love guys like Journey Brown, Will Fries, Shaka Toney, Lamont Wade, Castro-Fields
Wanting them and having roster space are two different things.

Reactions: lions1995
If, say, the ACC (or any conference for that matter) were to approach Penn State about the possibility of joining the conference for a year, would they consider playing or has that ship officially sailed with the Big Ten presidents vote?

Considering Barron voted no to the season I would doubt it.

Football is more to me than just the games. Without fans, tailgating, the student section, the Blue Band, the cheerleaders, the Lion, etc., there’s no atmosphere to enjoy that makes college football fun. These pro games in empty arenas do nothing for me (except hockey right now). I’d just as soon they cancel everything at the college level until they can get it right. We can watch the NFL instead. The college games would be meaningless right now.

Reactions: 007Bulldog
Football is more to me than just the games. Without fans, tailgating, the student section, the Blue Band, the cheerleaders, the Lion, etc., there’s no atmosphere to enjoy that makes college football fun. These pro games in empty arenas do nothing for me (except hockey right now). I’d just as soon they cancel everything at the college level until they can get it right. We can watch the NFL instead. The college games would be meaningless right now.
So to all fans that don't attend the game in person, the game is meaningless? I guess away games are meaningless to many fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT