ADVERTISEMENT

It' an honor to have Game Day on Campus. I hope the idiots amon

I'm not sure anything dumber has ever been posted on this board. Congrats on such a high achievement!
IMO, no organization lit more torches and passed out more pitchforks than the four letter network. That said, in order to be selected to host Game Day, your team has to be pretty damn good. In that respect, it most certainly is an honor. Use the publicity they provide to our advantage.

us don't ruin the Penn State reputation of being great hosts. But, I guess there will always be those "idiots". I'm glad Coach had the perseverance to stay on after his stroke. It's a shame people make fun of him. Strokes are not to be made fun of.

sub-buzz-17702-1467551530-1.png

Reactions: Player2BNamedL8r
Where exactly has the high road taken us? How many times have signs/tshirts making fun of Paterno or "Ped State" made their way into the public eye via various forms of media (ESPN included)? How many here have had negative words/glances cast our way since the scandal based on the narrative created by the ESPN's of the world?

Now we get the "honor" of having them grace our campus with their piece of shit jolly fest and we're supposed to open our arms and roll out the red carpet? Fvck no! We've had to pay consequences for their lies, while they just keep on keepin on....I can't wait until they have to close up shop for good in Bristol. The sooner the better. And I applaud anyone who publically bashes them during their trip to HV.

Call me bitter and forgive me for eschewing my Judeo-Christian values. Eye for an eye is long past due.

Without the BOT selling the narrative, ESPN and the others would have laid off. All PSU had to do was defend itself and stand behind its employees.

Reactions: 91Joe95
ESPN is the head witch hunter in what transpired here 6 years ago. They spread the slime and helped smear it along with wall to wall coverage with no remorse at all. That is something that can never be forgotten at all. The best response would be for no one to show up, but that won’t happen. The next best response is to have people on, like Franco or Jay or even Sue, to help represent what the “real” Penn State is about and not the ESPN aided and abetted perception. IMO it is not an honor for them to be here. It’s a damn shame, in fact.

Ganim started it and was everyone’s key source. She and her selective, agenda driven “reporting” are significant because she is who’s quoted in everything.

We have the number 2 team in the country and complete control of our path to the playoff. If the whole fanbase spent its time doing what some on this board wished, we'd be no where near that.

The team winning is a better f/u to everyone else than writing something mean about Surma or Freeh on a posterboard. Virtually no one, including a large number of penn staters, would even know who Surma or any of the BOT are. You could make up names and it'd have the same impact, which is none.
You're probably right. Who gives a shit about the past. No chance of history repeating itself when one doesn't learn from it, right?

You're probably right. Who gives a shit about the past. No chance of history repeating itself when one doesn't learn from it, right?

Who do you plan on educating with anti-bot signs at espn college game day presented by the Home Depot? What would you like them to learn?

Gameday being on campus is a sign that the Sandusky scandal is behind us and everyone has moved forward. Bringing a bunch of stupid signs that will accomplish nothing won't help the school or program.

And stupid signs just reminds everyone that the scandal happened and gives folks something negative to talk about. Our PSU students deserve better than that and it's selfish to deny them the positive press for a change.

Reactions: Osprey Lion
And stupid signs just reminds everyone that the scandal happened and gives folks something negative to talk about. Our PSU students deserve better than that and it's selfish to deny them the positive press for a change.
No, better to air dirty laundry. That will show 'em. The whole nationwide viewing audience will be impressed.

No one is saying they don't give a shit about the past. But who exactly are you blaming for that past? It shouldn't be the current students at PSU. Sometimes you win a fight and sometimes you lose. As much as I hate the term "move on" it is the most descriptive of what some on this board need to do. When you have the family of the man who was supposedly wronged having to come out publicly to request his father's supporters to not do stupid things and to say the family doesn't support actions by their supporters, that's a problem. At this point, people are not living up to the standards of the man they supposedly admire.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
People don't need to be reminded...how many more times do you have to read/hear someone say "Ped State" before you realize this is never going away? Nobody's forgotten what happened...some have moved on but to many we are forever a shit stain on the carpet of the cfb landscape. Who's fault is that?

No one is saying they don't give a shit about the past. But who exactly are you blaming for that past? It shouldn't be the current students at PSU. Sometimes you win a fight and sometimes you lose. As much as I hate the term "move on" it is the most descriptive of what some on this board need to do. When you have the family of the man who was supposedly wronged having to come out publicly to request his father's supporters to not do stupid things and to say the family doesn't support actions by their supporters, that's a problem. At this point, people are not living up to the standards of the man they supposedly admire.
As I've posted before, I admire your stance. I really do. Turning the other cheek is the epitome of nobility. I won't be there, so this is moot from where I sit. My point is, I wouldn't think less of (and would applaud) anyone who tried to shine light into the hypocritical darkness that ESPN and the like helped to create.

People don't need to be reminded...how many more times do you have to read/hear someone say "Ped State" before you realize this is never going away? Nobody's forgotten what happened...some have moved on but to many we are forever a shit stain on the carpet of the cfb landscape. Who's fault is that?
As I've posted before, I admire your stance. I really do. Turning the other cheek is the epitome of nobility. I won't be there, so this is moot from where I sit. My point is, I wouldn't think less of (and would applaud) anyone who tried to shine light into the hypocritical darkness that ESPN and the like helped to create.

That darkness encompassed every single media outlet throughout the country because they ALL were shining light on this scandal and the school in a negative way. In fact, the same stories were reported across all of the stations, day after day, night after night. The students, alumni, and fans have worked hard to put the focus back on the students, the student-athletes, and the great things about PSU. Why bring stupid signs denigrating the media that is giving this school a positive national platform? Why not use it to show the nation why alumni and students LOVE PSU?? Instead of why other fanbases continue to tease them. It should really just be common sense.

That darkness encompassed every single media outlet throughout the country because they ALL were shining light on this scandal and the school in a negative way. In fact, the same stories were reported across all of the stations, day after day, night after night. The students, alumni, and fans have worked hard to put the focus back on the students, the student-athletes, and the great things about PSU. Why bring stupid signs denigrating the media that is giving this school a positive national platform? Why not use it to show the nation why alumni and students LOVE PSU?? Instead of why other fanbases continue to tease them. It should really just be common sense.
You're actually part of "the problem". You conveniently want to "run away" from the previous, undeserved injustice.

Is this your general approach to life's "pesky tangents"?

C'mon man, if you don't know....

The answer is nobody. It is the dumbest thing to go on national tv with signs that embarrass your own school. If people cared so much about what the BOT did, they should've done a better job of pulling together and fighting where it counted--inside PSU instead of on BWI. The public could care less about the in-fighting and it just looks silly to anyone on the outside. That's just the reality of situation.

Anyway, I'm done with commenting on this. I hope people show up loud and proud on Saturday and show the nation why the PSU football team is deserving of their status and why PSU is one of the best schools in the country. My kids certainly feel that way.

Reactions: ThePennsyOracle
I hope people show up loud and proud on Saturday and show the nation why the PSU football team is deserving of their status and why PSU is one of the best schools in the country. My kids certainly feel that way.

I'm guessing that your kids "feel this way" because they're getting a highly-subsidized education at PSU "because of you".

Am I wrong?

lyndj thinks these people are watching this crappy programming at 9AM on a Saturday morning:

main-qimg-93ca36e9428de8d250ebdacae828dade-c

When actually it's these people that are watching this crappy programming at 9AM on a Saturday morning:

shotgunning-beer-08.jpg

I'm guessing that your kids "feel this way" because they're getting a highly-subsidized education at PSU "because of you".

Am I wrong?

Perhaps you should put highly subsidized in quotes because I've paid full out of state tuition for both. I am not a PSU alum nor have I ever lived in the state of PA to get that subsidized education you speak of.

No, but it makes the conversation about Sandusky again rather than Franklin and the #2 team in the country. But if you want to make sure everyone keeps talking about Sandusky and how PSU fans are a cult and are in denial about what happened, then make sure you bring your signs on Saturday.
I didn't carry any signs to the Rose Bowl and I heard the taunts of SC fans. Yeah, pretending we weren't screwed will really make things go away.

The answer is nobody. It is the dumbest thing to go on national tv with signs that embarrass your own school. If people cared so much about what the BOT did, they should've done a better job of pulling together and fighting where it counted--inside PSU instead of on BWI. The public could care less about the in-fighting and it just looks silly to anyone on the outside. That's just the reality of situation.

Anyway, I'm done with commenting on this. I hope people show up loud and proud on Saturday and show the nation why the PSU football team is deserving of their status and why PSU is one of the best schools in the country. My kids certainly feel that way.
Games are won on the field with superior talent and coaching. Don't delude yourself into thinking fans have anything to do with PSU being #2.

us don't ruin the Penn State reputation of being great hosts. But, I guess there will always be those "idiots". I'm glad Coach had the perseverance to stay on after his stroke. It's a shame people make fun of him. Strokes are not to be made fun of.

What is this "reputation" you refer to? As of 2017, PSU has an indifferent or, more likely, negative reputation from what I see and hear while traveling around the country. And the current reputation ain't going to change for 2 generations, even if us fans are choir boys and girls promoting the "PSU way" . The hate is strong and if we run the table, the hate will be comical.

I will also add that acting like PSU is "holier than thou" and we are a better breed than other fan bases is what feeds people in the ACC, Big12, etc.

The only place the school can get the PSU reputation back nationally is on the field. Signs on Saturday are not going to make a darn difference either way.

Really could care less if Gameday came, but if the players are excited and it can help recruiting, I am all for it. As for the talking heads on set, they can eat it.

Perhaps you should put highly subsidized in quotes because I've paid full out of state tuition for both. I am not a PSU alum nor have I ever lived in the state of PA to get that subsidized education you speak of.
"Dilly Dilly" :rolleyes:

Games are won on the field with superior talent and coaching. Don't delude yourself into thinking fans have anything to do with PSU being #2.

um, what? Are you even serious with this post? Who would think that fans have anything to do with the team's standing in the rankings? I'm talking about support. smh

Posts like this is what's wrong with Penn state fans like you. These guys trampled on us and spit. Now you want to forget it ever happened and cheer them on like they are the greatest thing in college football. I swear Penn Staters that feel this way are the biggest Pu**ies I ever met in my life. You'd think now that we are back, we can have the last laugh and show them we made it back to the top after they gave their best shot at shutting down our program forever. We screwed them because we made it back to the top without them and now all these Pu**y Penn State fans want to forget it ever happened and welcome these morons with open arms like we are best friends.. Whatever.

Last edited:
In real life, are you truly this "dense"?
No, but I already know you are. I've read your posts, some I agree with and some I think are just stupid even though you seem to appreciate your own dribble. whatever, carry on.

Posts like this is what's wrong with Penn state fans like you. These guys trampled on us and spit. Now you want to forget it ever happened and cheer them on like they are the greatest thing in college football. I swear Penn Staters that feel this way are the biggest Pu**ies I ever met. You'd think now that we are back, we can have the last laugh and show them we made it back to the top after they gave their best shot at shutting down our program forever. We screwed them because we made it back to the top without them and now all these Pu**y Penn State fans want to forget it ever happened and welcome these morons with open arms like we are best friends.. Whatever.
Sorry for the rant. Had to get it off my chest.

I don't have a problem with your rant and I understand what you are saying. But at some point, you have to move on, not for your sake but for the sake of the students and teams on campus. The majority of these students and student-athletes weren't even on campus in 2011. I'm just saying that the kids worked hard and succeeded despite all of that and if media wants to bring that to national attention, use them to do it. It says far more about them that they are now drooling over our kids after wanting to shut down the program, than it does about us promoting the school. I realize there are some that don't feel the same way.

Who knows, if PSU fans are really really good and fall into line, ESPN will find other universities to trash.

I don't have a problem with your rant and I understand what you are saying. But at some point, you have to move on, not for your sake but for the sake of the students and teams on campus. The majority of these students and student-athletes weren't even on campus in 2011. I'm just saying that the kids worked hard and succeeded despite all of that and if media wants to bring that to national attention, use them to do it. It says far more about them that they are now drooling over our kids after wanting to shut down the program, than it does about us promoting the school. I realize there are some that don't feel the same way.
Can we have our moment in the sun just this one time? Allow us to celebrate PSU the way we want to? After all, the greatest college football coach forever with the most wins in history was sent to the grave by this network and many others. For once, I would like to be able to cheer the 409 accomplishment without being called a Joebot etc. I guess that is too much to ask to have one moment to celebrate our past as well as our current team's accomplishments.

It was addressed back when it happened with the explanation that there was someone on set running errands and getting them coffee and whatnot, and Corsi's mic was on while looking for him. Makes a lot more sense than him trying to get in a dig at PSU that wouldn't make a lot of sense in the context.

Lol. Ok

An honor?? Yeah, we should all get on our knees and pray toward Bristol, CT, in order to thank them for the great honor they chose to bestow upon us. C'mon dude. ESPN is just a television network. It's not an "honor" when they do anything.
ESPN is not "just a television network" It is a major college football network that is providing a great opportunity to showcase our university,football team.students and fans!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT