ADVERTISEMENT

Isheem Young Innocent?

Did you see him on the video? Are you sure it was him? Was his face recognisable?
Watch the video yourself. You think the police charged a high profile young man with a very serious crime with flimsy evidence? It is very likely, almost certain, that this kid is guilty, but I will certainly be interested in learning what sort of defense he may have.

Watch the video yourself. You think the police charged a high profile young man with a very serious crime with flimsy evidence? It is very likely, almost certain, that this kid is guilty, but I will certainly be interested in learning what sort of defense he may have.
Not coming to PSU. Everyone needs to move on

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
Did you see him on the video? Are you sure it was him? Was his face recognisable?
So he confessed and the sweatshirt was just there too in addition to the video of him. Not to mention the mug shots don't seem to back the get away drivers story. Apparently this driver is a wee bit heavier than Young. It honestly sounds like a last ditch effort to let him move forward by a friend. Why wasn't his brother screaming for justice for his brother right away, seems odd to me.

I really hope he gets a second chance in life or somehow this new story is true, but it really does seem so far fetched.

Thanks and, by the way, you don't need to start a thread every time you have a random thought.
Mind your own business and I'll mind mine. You don't have to read it if you don't want to. This board was designed for people to make posts and I've been doing it since the 1990s. You got deleted once already to today because you are a smug condescending jackass.

I didn't see the video so was just asking. And yes, police charge people all the time for crimes they know the person did not commit. Have you paid any attention at all to the charges on PSU administrators that were Thrown out and/or dropped?

51xbWVdXduL._AC_US218_.jpg

If the sweatshirt does not fit, you must acquit. :eek:

Here's the article...

Days after Isheem Young posts bail, a social media post could offer new details related to a July South Philly WaWa robbery
Updated 12:03 AM; Posted 12:02 AM
imhotep-beats-boys-latin-in-football-00db5d9dd85e238a.jpg

Imhotep senior Isheem Young hits the end zone for another touchdown during the game between Imhotep Institute Charter and Boys Latin of Philadelphia on Friday, November 3, 2017 at Benjamin L. Johnston Memorial Stadium in Philadelphia. Imhotep beat Boys Latin 53-8.(Tracie Van Auken)

0 shares
By Greg Pickel

gpickel@pennlive.com

The latest developments in a robbery case involving former Penn State commit and Imhotep Charter star Isheem Young could be playing out on social media.

Court documents show that Young, 18, posted bail on Dec. 29, nearly a month after he was first arraigned on charges that included armed robbery, conspiracy, firearms violations, and other offenses related to an incident at a South Philadelphia WaWa back in July. Young was 17 at the time. He had been incarcerated since Dec. 1, and just had a motion to reduce his bail, which was set at $150,000 according to court documents, denied back on Dec. 20

Young's social media accounts have since become active, and on Monday night his Twitter account shared messages of support from Harrisburg High senior receiver and Penn State Class of 2018 verbal commit Shaquon Anderson-Butts and Imhotep star junior Tykee Smith that were posted on Dec. 2 and Dec. 3, respectively, before the account retweeted a Monday night message from five-star Harrisburg senior and Penn State signee Micah Parsons that read: "Man I told y'all !! My man is innocent!! He will be back with in to time !! @Isheemyoung #weare back in action !!"

Attached to the tweet was a screenshot of Young's Instagram account, which appears to show a post Young's account shared from an unidentified Instagram user. It reads:

"Sorry to sheem family and friends and coaches for almost ruining his life but he had nothing to do with the robbery detectives thought he did cause they saw me text him "good look well needed bro" hour after the robbery but I said that to him because he let me hold his hoodie he never wears."

The message concludes:

"but YEAH i am ADMITTING to doing the robbery at wawa and i will be taking the stand at court admitting i did it!!!"'

Philly.com's reporting from early December regarding the incident in question said that police found text messages between Rafi Johnson, who the outlet reported was the owner of a car related to the robbery, according to police, and a person named as 'SHEEM.' Per Philly.com's report:

Police found text messages on Johnson's cell phone to a contact labeled "Sheem" about an hour and a half after the robbery.
"Dats [sic] a good jawn bro," Johnson wrote
"Looked out for your brody," "Sheem" replied, using a slang variation of "bro."
Police went to Young's home at 1:40 a.m. Friday, where they found both Wingate and Young, who possessed the same "Battle" sweatshirt as seen in the surveillance video. They were both taken into custody. Authorities said Young admitted to committing the robbery. Wingate did not make a statement to police.

The referenced surveillance video has since been removed from the Philadelphia Police Department's YouTube channel, which the department told PennLive is standard procedure once an arrest has been made. Wingate is Quasir Wingate, who is reportedly Isheem Young's brother and reportedly was an assistant manager at the WaWa in question. He is also a codefendant in the case, and allegedly opened the building's safe after "Young allegedly pointed a revolver at the worker, made the two of them lie on the floor, and demanded money," according to the Philly.com report.
Johnson posted bail on Dec 6, according to court documents, though it's not clear if the Instagram account that put out the message that Young's account shared is Johnson's. Court documents show that Wingate has not posted bail.

No additional information was available as of late Monday night. Young's next court date, a preliminary hearing, is scheduled for Jan. 11.

Young and Penn State parted ways on Dec. 2, according to reports, after news of the charges broke. He had verbally committed to the Nittany Lions over a host of other schools in July in a video that is still pinned to the top of his Twitter page.

I know Parsons wants to believe his friend but he really should not be tweeting about how his "man is innocent" when none of us know whether that is the case. I believe in free speech but think it would be good for Coach Franklin to have a talk with Parsons about letting it play out without him commenting on social media about the matter.

I know Parsons wants to believe his friend but he really should not be tweeting about how his "man is innocent" when none of us know whether that is the case. I believe in free speech but think it would be good for Coach Franklin to have a talk with Parsons about letting it play out without him commenting on social media about the matter.
IMO Franklin is going to have a lot of problems with Parsons in the coming years. The kid runs his mouth unlike anyone to come through the program.

Reactions: psu00 and Agoodnap

I have no idea if he's innocent or guilty but the idea that he has to be guilty because the police wouldn't arrest a guy with flimsy evidence, or that charges wouldn't be brought against him if he didn't do it is just ridiculous. I could literally give you a list of people who were innocent who were arrested, charged, and convicted of a crime they didn't commit with flimsy evidence.

Come on, man.

IMO Franklin is going to have a lot of problems with Parsons in the coming years. The kid runs his mouth unlike anyone to come through the program.
He'll either learn to play like an adult in the sand box or he won't play on the field. He is very immature because he was put on a pedestal way too young....he will be humbled a bit as real grown arse men knock him down in a few months...5 stars or not.

I was very down on Parsons a year ago and would have been pleased to see him elsewhere, but he's here now, and even if he still is quite immature he does seem to have grown up a bit since all of his hoopla started. I think enrolling early and being surrounded by our team leaders will accelerate the maturing process.

At least, I hope so. Physically, the kid's an animal.

I was very down on Parsons a year ago and would have been pleased to see him elsewhere, but he's here now, and even if he still is quite immature he does seem to have grown up a bit since all of his hoopla started. I think enrolling early and being surrounded by our team leaders will accelerate the maturing process.

He'll either sink or swim. In high school he really was the top dog. In college he will be the guy trying to come up to speed with those senior to him. How many Bates, McGovern's, or Gonzo's did he see this last year....it's an eye opener for some kids when they are the ones on the ground after each play.

Reactions: step.eng69

Agree. There are kids that come from high school and need to mature physically. there are kids that need to mature mentally. Parsons can be special, if he can keep his act together. The good news is, he will have some good leadership to follow.

Reactions: step.eng69
Franklin just dumped a starting LB (a position of need) right before the Fiesta Bowl and a Wr that could have been HUGE in future years, Do you really think he'll have problems with Parsons? The message was sent...do what you're here to do or you're gone.

Basic Blues is the one on Twitter running with "this story" and Isheem's innocence. That should tell you all you need to know about the "sources" behind this. Like many times before, Basic Blues will read through message boards and social media and take random pieces of info and run with it.

I hope for Isheem's personal life he is innocent and can get his life back on track, but this whole situation about being falsely accused starting last night doesn't seem right.

"sorry for the inconvenience" post on Instagram...really?

Franklin just dumped a starting LB (a position of need) right before the Fiesta Bowl and a Wr that could have been HUGE in future years, Do you really think he'll have problems with Parsons? The message was sent...do what you're here to do or you're gone.
I'm suffering from brain freeze this morning, but what WR did Franklin dump?

Basic Blues is the one on Twitter running with "this story" and Isheem's innocence. That should tell you all you need to know about the "sources" behind this. Like many times before, Basic Blues will read through message boards and social media and take random pieces of info and run with it.

I hope for Isheem's personal life he is innocent and can get his life back on track, but this whole situation about being falsely accused starting last night doesn't seem right.

"sorry for the inconvenience" post on Instagram...really?

Isheem Young "broke the story", not Basic Blues.

I have no idea if he's innocent or guilty but the idea that he has to be guilty because the police wouldn't arrest a guy with flimsy evidence, or that charges wouldn't be brought against him if he didn't do it is just ridiculous. I could literally give you a list of people who were innocent who were arrested, charged, and convicted of a crime they didn't commit with flimsy evidence.

Come on, man.
No crap. There is strong evidence here against Young. My point is that police are more careful with a high profile suspect, and all reports indicate they have a very strong case.

Isheem Young "broke the story", not Basic Blues.

How do you know Isheem Young is the one posting from that account? His girlfriend has been the one posting from his accounts trying to raise bail money since the beginning of December.

Not saying Basic Blues "broke" the story. I'm saying "running with it" as in he really has no sources or factual information saying Isheem is innocent, but Basic Blues is posting as if he knows all in relation to this situation. Basic Blues information and "sources" is what he reads others post on message boards and Twitter.

How do you know Isheem Young is the one posting from that account? His girlfriend has been the one posting from his accounts trying to raise bail money since the beginning of January.

So it's his gf then. You said it was Basic Blues. Tell me again how Basic Blues knew about the instagram post before Isheem OR his girlfriend.

No crap. There is strong evidence here against Young. My point is that police are more careful with a high profile suspect, and all reports indicate they have a very strong case.

Isheem Young is not even a high profile suspect. To you and I he is "high profile" because he's a 4-star recruit and we spend our time on CFB message boards and follow recruiting. The the police? I doubt they knew anything about the kid before he was involved in this.

So it's his gf then. You said it was Basic Blues. Tell me again how Basic Blues knew about the instagram post before Isheem OR his girlfriend.

I'll give you another chance to read my post again before commenting.
Basic Blues is "RUNNING" with the story. The more you post, the more I think you are one of Basic Blues forum burner accounts.

I'll give you another chance to read my post again before commenting.
Basic Blues is "RUNNING" with the story. The more you post, the more I think you are one of Basic Blues forum burner accounts.

OK, you didn't say broke, but he is far from the only one running with the story. Pickel, Parsons, etc. doing the same. Lol on your last comment. The more you post, the less I think you really graduated from Penn State.

Isheem Young is not even a high profile suspect. To you and I he is "high profile" because he's a 4-star recruit and we spend our time on CFB message boards and follow recruiting. The the police? I doubt they knew anything about the kid before he was involved in this.
again, I haven't followed it and don't know the particulars. Having said that, I am aware of tons of cases where the police arrest everything with a pulse to play them off of each other to see who might flip.

again, I haven't followed it and don't know the particulars. Having said that, I am aware of tons of cases where the police arrest everything with a pulse to play them off of each other to see who might flip.

Agreed. It's not uncommon for the police to arrest a number of people so long as they have probable cause for an arrest warrant and a judge signs off on it so they can sort things out later. Not everyone who is arrested is always charged, and not everyone who is innocent is immune to prosecution.

How do you know Isheem Young is the one posting from that account? His girlfriend has been the one posting from his accounts trying to raise bail money since the beginning of December.

Young didn't post that monologue. It was a screenshot of what the getaway driver, Rafi Johnson, posted on his instagram account

Young didn't post that monologue. It was a screenshot of what the getaway driver, Rafi Johnson, posted on his instagram account

Yeah, I'm aware of that, but Isheem Young's account has been retweeting and posting (Including when he was in prison).

Also, how did Rafi Johnson rob the Wawa and then pick himself up as the getaway driver? If that was Rafi who robbed the Wawa, who was driving the car in the video when he was running across the street with money under his sweatshirt?

He'll either learn to play like an adult in the sand box or he won't play on the field. He is very immature because he was put on a pedestal way too young....he will be humbled a bit as real grown arse men knock him down in a few months...5 stars or not.
He is 18 years old. I believe that explains his immaturity. I know 50 year old men that are posting stupid stuff on facebook and instagram. Yet some people want to hold a high school senior to a higher standard.

He is 18 years old. I believe that explains his immaturity. I know 50 year old men that are posting stupid stuff on facebook and instagram. Yet some people want to hold a high school senior to a higher standard.
No doubt about it. Most 18 year weren't treated like kings of the world as freshman in high school and all the way through out. There will have to be a bit of deprogramming there for sure.

Reactions: Limestone_Lion
I find it funny that Pennlive scours this (and other) PSU sites for stories. Last night a thread is started about an unverified Instagram posting claiming the kid is innocent and within hours it’s a story on Pennlive.

I find it funny that Pennlive scours this (and other) PSU sites for stories. Last night a thread is started about an unverified Instagram posting claiming the kid is innocent and within hours it’s a story on Pennlive.

Exactly. That's my favorite part about this whole thing. For all we know Isheem Young could have created a random account that posted he was innocent, and now its a news story with PennLive and others covering it. Just find it hilarious right now, as no one has a credible source on the reporting of this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT