ADVERTISEMENT

Is there a stat for most SV matches?

It feels like he wrestles to get to SV lately. It's the worst style of wrestling I have seen in a really long time.

Reactions: Ski
Just saw that DeAugustino had 4 of 5 go into SV.
Maybe its a Michigan thing nowadays.

Geez I hope these guys are gone after this year.

It feels like he wrestles to get to SV lately. It's the worst style of wrestling I have seen in a really long time.
I was explaining to Mrs. JA (who is a very casual wrestling fan) why PSU fans despise Lewan…because of the boring style, stalling, low scoring matches that are always destined for SV. When I was done she says ‘Isn’t that the same as Beau Bartlett?’ Oof 😔

Dean Heil, Jesse Delgado, Will Lewan… most painful to watch. Discuss!
I never saw a guy work the circle and then do a split and made his back ankle impossible to get like Jesse D. Refs never called stalling on him.
Nico had a leg so many times but couldn't finish because his other leg was almost in walkway to the bleachers

Last edited:
Reactions: 1AA
I never saw a guy work the circle and then do a split and made his back ankle impossible to get.
Well, buckle up. You're going to see it again real soon.
images

I'm sure Many will disagree, but for me, Chance Marstellar .....
Most of these guys are more than capable offensively too (Beckman aside).
Does Verk fit this description? Who else, I saw Bartlett above.

I bet he has more stall calls against him than he has takedowns.

He should get twice as many stalls as he gets'

It's almost like the refs have such low expectations that they count every half-shot or forward step as a show of offense.

That stall on Levi was maybe the most ridiculous I've ever seen.

I'm sure Many will disagree, but for me, Chance Marstellar .....
Most of these guys are more than capable offensively too (Beckman aside).
Does Verk fit this description? Who else, I saw Bartlett above.

Beau doesn't belong with those other names. The frustrating thing about him is that he doesn't need to wrestle that way, yet he sometimes does.

It's clear that Bartlett and Mendez are close in talent, but the difference is that Jessie doesn't fart around with guys that don't want to wrestle.

Bartlett let Hamdan dance around and hold him to a 4-2 decision on Saturday. Three weeks ago, Mendez teched Hamdan 19-2.

Reactions: GogglesPaizano
I never saw a guy work the circle and then do a split and made his back ankle impossible to get like Jesse D. Refs never called stalling on him.
Nico had a leg so many times but couldn't finish because his other leg was almost in walkway to the bleachers
Sat next to Delgado at us open while Nico was wrestling one year. He was rooting for Nico and said he liked him.

Just saw that DeAugustino had 4 of 5 go into SV.
Maybe its a Michigan thing nowadays.

Geez I hope these guys are gone after this year.
They've each been granted four additional years of eligibility. For wrestling, this time.

We dont have to look far for a hwt that seems perfectly content with slug-riding.
I agree with this. He’s incredibly good on his feet and could build a big cushion fast with more catch & release, or end it early with a tech. Hopefully some of what we’ve seen with the riding has been intent to work on some things, but the parallel slug-ride optics have warranted some of the stall calls, in my view.

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
Beau doesn't belong with those other names. The frustrating thing about him is that he doesn't need to wrestle that way, yet he sometimes does.

It's clear that Bartlett and Mendez are close in talent, but the difference is that Jessie doesn't fart around with guys that don't want to wrestle.

Bartlett let Hamdan dance around and hold him to a 4-2 decision on Saturday. Three weeks ago, Mendez teched Hamdan 19-2.
Beau wants to counter everyone. His opponents know it, so it becomes a dance until stall calls or riding time force some offense.
I wonder if wrestling 149 and getting stuck underneath on shots changed his dynamics.

Reactions: jack66
My comments are observational and discussion based, not complaints. I believe his bonus rate could be 90%+ with a catch & release approach. Regardless of the finer points with how he’s getting the W’s, I’m incredibly happy for his success this year and he’s the one I most want to see get his first title. 😄

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
My comments are observational and discussion based, not complaints. I believe his bonus rate could be 90%+ with a catch & release approach. Regardless of the finer points with how he’s getting the W’s, I’m incredibly happy for his success this year and he’s the one I most want to see get his first title. 😄
good point, consider all of his riding time. Guess he doesn't like the catch and release game :)

Reactions: PSU Yinzer
I just think the catch and release game at heavyweight can be a brutal task. Getting sprawled on repeatedly by 250+ lbs can't be fun. I 100% think Kerk has the talent to do so, but maybe he doesn't like to. If it ain't broke...
Also: Kerk has had a few knee surgeries. Why subject his body to meaningless wear and tear, especially at HWT, when he's already winning his matches comfortably?

He's not winning 2-1 Tony Nelson specials, deliberately avoiding takedowns in order to win on RT. He's in full control if not outright dominating every match.

Last edited:
I bet he has more stall calls against him than he has takedowns.

And he only has a fraction of the stall calls he should have - the b1g Folk Refs have largely rewarded his bullshit, "shorten the match", zero-offense stalling style as evidenced by how few stalling POINTS he has been charged with - failure to assess points-against for stalling is what has let him go into SV/TBs tied 1-1 match after match against quality opponents.

Maybe it's recent bias, but, Leyawn is the worst that I can remember. He gets away with it because he is very good on defense and difficult to score on. I just don't understand how the refs don't hit him for more stall calls.

Kerk 73% bonus rate: why isn't he more active?

Cassar 71% bonus rate: awesome!
I think it has more to do with how effortlessly Kerk beats people. It looks like he should be able to blow opponents out of the water, but he often "settles" for a major and four minutes of riding time when we're used to guys lighting up the scoreboard like it's a pinball machine. We're like spoiled kids who are never happy, regardless of the gifts we're showered with!

I think it has more to do with how effortlessly Kerk beats people. It looks like he should be able to blow opponents out of the water, but he often "settles" for a major and four minutes of riding time when we're used to guys lighting up the scoreboard like it's a pinball machine. We're like spoiled kids who are never happy, regardless of the gifts we're showered with!
Biggest question regarding Kerk
Does he come back for another year???

Yep. Kerk blowing out Hendrickson set us up to expect that every time.

Reactions: OzarkLion
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT