ADVERTISEMENT

Is Spring Creek still a good place to trout fish

It's a no kill stream. So the fish shouldn't go anywhere. Pay attention to the signs and regs. There are places where you're not allowed to wade in the stream (Fisherman's Paradise).

I think there's lots of fish, but like most places, they can be picky at times especially in high pressure areas.

Reactions: 81b&w
It's a no kill stream. So the fish shouldn't go anywhere. Pay attention to the signs and regs. There are places where you're not allowed to wade in the stream (Fisherman's Paradise).

I think there's lots of fish, but like most places, they can be picky at times especially in high pressure areas.
Thank you

I will put in a plug for the Clearwater Conservancy. They are a nonprofit doing good work to try to protect this waterway. Please support them if you value Spring Creek.

Reactions: Raffycorn and 81b&w
Spring Creek is absolutely loaded with wild browns, but they can be tough. The fish zero in on certain hatches and they are fished over constantly. There are plenty of exceptions, but often good fishing is limited to a short time during the evening hatch. Of, course, winter is one of those exceptions due to the lack of bugs. Fish can be caught all day then.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT