ADVERTISEMENT

Is an OC hotboard coming?

Who knows on that. May mean something or nothing.

Fair to expect the person CJF wants didn’t respond to a generalized online job posting on PSUs website.

in most state government organizations, including public universities, if people reply to the posting, you have to interview them first. you normally proceed to interview the people who did not reply to the job ad only after the respondents were evaluated. this frequently is a problem at state schools.

Fellas,

I've heard some names from my buddies including:

Marcus Brady - Indianapolis Colts qb coach

How about Marcus Brody?

27f12af391d67e41dd23cb7cf6eb9f67d610e3dar1-344-272_hq.gif

Reactions: sgw107 and djr4rebs
I don't get the Gleeson love. Oklahoma State's offense this year ranked below Penn State's on several metrics. Oklahoma State's offense was also much worse this year than the previous year under Yurcich with nearly the entire starting lineup returning.

Easy pass.

I don't get the Gleeson love. Oklahoma State's offense this year ranked below Penn State's on several metrics. Oklahoma State's offense was also much worse this year than the previous year under Yurcich with nearly the entire starting lineup returning.

Easy pass.
16th in yards
33.4 ppg, PSU was 34.3
Yurcich, who is better, had Mason Rudolph
Gleeson’s Princeton teams broke every school and Ivy record in the books

He's been an OC, been there and done that.

Franklin was OC during the failed Ron Prince era at Kansas State and the last 3 years of the Friedgen era at Maryland (before Friedgen was fired). Those credentials don’t show that he would be a good at being HC/OC. In fact, they suggest that CJF taking over the OC reigns would be mediocre at best, and could well be a disaster.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Some of you guys are ****ing hilarious. He can't even manage a game and now he's going to be our OC?? Unbelievable.
Yet he's the head coach till......2025 at least. Who is the $ucking clown? But there is always hope he will get better with accomplished, knowledgeable and proven coaches like you to mentor him here! I'm tired today....call yourself an idiot.

Franklin was OC during the failed Ron Prince era at Kansas State and the last 3 years of the Friedgen era at Maryland (before Friedgen was fired). Those credentials don’t show that he would be a good at being HC/OC. In fact, they suggest that CJF taking over the OC reigns would be mediocre at best, and could well be a disaster.
Talent has a great deal to do with results. Always amazed that this is such a difficult concept to grasp. I guess Joe Moorhead suffered amnesia sometime between 2016 and 2019. LOL

The only satisfaction I can see from the announcement of a new OC is the predictable meltdown from the Mt.Rushmore of football critics on this site. Can't wait...........itssssssssssssscooommmmminnnggggg!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Some of you guys are ****ing hilarious. He can't even manage a game and now he's going to be our OC?? Unbelievable.
You must understand. Its difficult to manage a game and count 7 million dollars at the same time. Ever tried it?

Reactions: artsandletters
Successful OC does not equal successful HC, and vice versa. Amazed that this is such a difficult concept to grasp.
Yet Moorhead is running the offense......not even speaking about his record. How'd that MSU offense do over the past 2 years? Go back to play station where you push buttons and turn off the game and don't tell anyone when you lose. LOL another coaching legend in his own mind!

16th in yards
33.4 ppg, PSU was 34.3
Yurcich, who is better, had Mason Rudolph
Gleeson’s Princeton teams broke every school and Ivy record in the books

Yeah and Penn State played real defenses to get those PPG. OkSU schedule as usual, was garbage for defenses.

Pass.

Yeah and Penn State played real defenses to get those PPG. OkSU schedule as usual, was garbage for defenses.

Pass.
Comparing Big10 defenses with Big12 is ludicrous. I'm sure Franklin is looking at comparative stats as he makes his decision........LOL.

marshall23 you are in full meltdown mode, grasping at any angle within reach. Sorry that the era where you Rahne Apologists can come on and tell us why he should remain OC is thankfully over now that your hero is gone. Now sit back and watch the magic, assuming CJF puts a real OC in place.

marshall23 you are in full meltdown mode, grasping at any angle within reach. Sorry that the era where you Rahne Apologists can come on and tell us why he should remain OC is thankfully over now that your hero is gone. Now sit back and watch the magic, assuming CJF puts a real OC in place.
Get on your hanky binkie....you will be crying and screaming when the disappointment is announced. Just take your expert criticisms of RR and insert the new name and you have a whole season of insightful rants.

Reactions: Roswell-Blue
Every time a football fan uses “total yardage” to support an argument he’s making, a football angel loses its wings.
But, but, but, they are knowledgeable, students of the game.....on the cutting edge of creativity.....if only our coaches would take their advice. We could be elite! If fanboys could fly.....this would be bigger than LAX.

It's going to take awhile to find the guy- Listening to the "fans" the only offense that will do is the wishbone, as it features direct snaps from center, a fullback and an emphasis on a time of possession power run game

Since nobody has used it in 40 years, CJF is having trouble finding a coach who specializes in it

But once we have it in place, we could average as much as 17 points/game

Reactions: LionsandBear
It's going to take awhile to find the guy- Listening to the "fans" the only offense that will do is the wishbone, as it features direct snaps from center, a fullback and an emphasis on a time of possession power run game

Since nobody has used it in 40 years, CJF is having trouble finding a coach who specializes in it

But once we have it in place, we could average as much as 17 points/game

Paul Johnson and his triple option will do just fine. :D

Every time a football fan uses “total yardage” to support an argument he’s making, a football angel loses its wings.

We do not have an intelligent fanbase. Most PSU fans are very very old and dumb when it comes to statistics. Math is not a strong suit.

And if there's any kind of nuance involved don't even bother to try to get into argument with these balloonheads. They will drag you down to the Stage 5 Moron level and beat you with experience.

We do not have an intelligent fanbase. Most PSU fans are very very old and dumb when it comes to statistics. Math is not a strong suit.

And if there's any kind of nuance involved don't even bother to try to get into argument with these balloonheads. They will drag you down to the Stage 5 Moron level and beat you with experience.
We are intelligent enough to understand when we see a jackass in our midst

I think what frustrates me the most is that like going under center and certain concepts for an offense seem like dirty words to us.

Just looking around in other locations I’ve seen people talking about James Perry, head coach at Brown.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT