ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa with another half of awful offense....

CJFisJoePaII

Sep 6, 2019
At the half against Unranked Iowa State and Iowa has put up 86 yards of offense (33 yards passing on 5 completions on 11 attempts, 0 TDs and 1 INT and 53 yards rushing on 17 rushing attempts).

Their offense is so putrid, it's hysterical. Whiner Ferentz's son is really earning his paycheck. LMFAO.

Reactions: NittanyChris
At the half against Unranked Iowa State and Iowa has put up 86 yards of offense (33 yards passing on 5 completions on 11 attempts, 0 TDs and 1 INT and 53 yards rushing on 17 rushing attempts).

Their offense is so putrid, it's hysterical. Whiner Ferentz's son is really earning his paycheck. LMFAO.
They're winning though, right? Isn't that all you care about regardless of the opponent?

They're winning though, right? Isn't that all you care about regardless of the opponent?

Midway through the 4th and Iowa's Offense has 111 yards of offense - 49 passing on 8-15, 0 TDs, 1 INT and 62 rushing on 24 carries (2.6 ypc). And guess what genius, they're losing 10-7.

On one hand, I want the conference to win all their non-conference games. That’d only help PSU.

On the other hand, it’s Iowa and after those boos… I think I’m fine with them losing.

Reactions: PSU621 and bison13
Midway through the 4th and Iowa's Offense has 111 yards of offense - 49 passing on 8-15, 0 TDs, 1 INT and 62 rushing on 24 carries (2.6 ypc). And guess what genius, they're losing 10-7.
And their offense sucks--if they win though all is good, right? Only if they lose should anyone worry.

And their offense sucks--if they win though all is good, right? Only if they lose should anyone worry.
You do realize you’re not a coach, right? Whether you worry about something or not doesn’t mean sh!t. I’m quite certain Franklin and his staff are more worried about things than you are.

You do realize you’re not a coach, right? Whether you worry about something or not doesn’t mean sh!t. I’m quite certain Franklin and his staff are more worried about things than you are.
I'm sure they are but why does this board claim I need to be "happy" when we beat inferior programs. Bama isn't "happy" they won today--they're relieved. Just like I was last week. Today went as expected.

While ND and A&M fans should be asking for a new coach after those unacceptable performances.

What the hell are you babbling about? Having another conversation with yourself there Loonie? If they win though all is good??? If they lose we should worry??? Huh? What? WTF are you talking about and who in the hell are you talking to??? LMAO.

• Love
Reactions: Westcoast24

Figures that they suck when we don't play them.

• Sad
Reactions: PSUALREADYKNOW
What the hell are you babbling about? Having another conversation with yourself there Loonie? If they win though all is good??? If they lose we should worry??? Huh? What? WTF are you talking about and who in the hell are you talking to??? LMAO.
Read your comments--follow a thread for once

Read your comments--follow a thread for once

No moron, I never said a word about worrying about what the Iowa staff does, doesn't, do. Or perhaps your trying to claim that PSU's offense has ever performed like this... in which case you'd be absurdly wrong as per usual. LMAO.

No moron, I never said a word about worrying about what the Iowa staff does, doesn't, do. Or perhaps your trying to claim that PSU's offense has ever performed like this... in which case you'd be absurdly wrong as per usual. LMAO.
What are you talking about? Follow the thread

I'm sure they are but why does this board claim I need to be "happy" when we beat inferior programs. Bama isn't "happy" they won today--they're relieved. Just like I was last week. Today went as expected.

While ND and A&M fans should be asking for a new coach after those unacceptable performances.
So the goal was to go in today, win the game easily and get our young guys valuable playing time. That’s exactly what happened so why wouldn’t any Penn State fan be happy? I don’t think anyone should have rushed the field after the win, but why not be happy about doing what they needed to do? It’s like arguing with a Pitt fan….hmm.

Setting up for another possible weasel win for Iowa. Let's hope not.

Nope. Their offense couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper bag as their last real opportunity demonstrated quite clearly.

Last edited:
So the goal was to go in today, win the game easily and get our young guys valuable playing time. That’s exactly what happened so why wouldn’t any Penn State fan be happy? I don’t think anyone should have rushed the field after the win, but why not be happy about doing what they needed to do? It’s like arguing with a Pitt fan….hmm.
Why would we ever be happy with beating a MAC school? It's basically watching a scrimmage. It doesn't make sense. Are you happy when your NFL team (assuming you have one) wins a preseason game?

Why is it when someone isn't delusional this board doesn't think they're a Penn State fan? I root for Penn State (they're my team) but I also love college football. I don't react to anyone doing what they're supposed to do. Like Wisconsin, A&M and Notre Dame fans should be livid right now. We should be hopeful but we've seen nothing yet. Nothing. And we know what happened the last 2 years. When we beat someone with a pulse I'll be happy. Until then I'm just neutral.

Honestly, we won today--great, hopefully we're ready for Auburn but it had no impact on my mood

Nope. Their offense could fight their way out of a wet paper bag as their last real opportunity demonstrated quite clearly.
I think Iowa State was trying to lose it at the end. The fact that Iowa had a 48 yard FG to tie is ridiculous.

Those B1G officials sure tried though didn't they?
Not sure it really was the officials though. Just stupid by ISU, line up offsides then running on the field. Gave them 20 yards. Then give up the 10 yard out which is the last thing you can do. Just force them in the middle and time should run out if it is short of the first down.

Wait until Cael’s boys meet their beloved wrestling team this year. It’ll be a long cold winter in IC.

I must be in the wrong thread. I was looking for the Iowa/IowaSt thread, where PSU fans would be wishing that Iowa and their anemic offense would be on the PSU schedule this season...

It’s entertainment. Take your feelings and sit on them.

Not sure it really was the officials though. Just stupid by ISU, line up offsides then running on the field. Gave them 20 yards. Then give up the 10 yard out which is the last thing you can do. Just force them in the middle and time should run out if it is short of the first down.

I thought the call that Petras was out of the pocket box when he grounded it a few plays earlier - he was not out of the pocket and only threw it after he got hit by the oncoming rusher. The Officials also waived off a defensive holding call on Iowa on ISU's 4th down play - how exactly do you throw a flag for defensive holding, and then say, "Oh on second thought, we threw a flag for a penalty we saw, but then after conferencing, decided it never happened. ".

Why would we ever be happy with beating a MAC school? It's basically watching a scrimmage. It doesn't make sense. Are you happy when your NFL team (assuming you have one) wins a preseason game?

Why is it when someone isn't delusional this board doesn't think they're a Penn State fan? I root for Penn State (they're my team) but I also love college football. I don't react to anyone doing what they're supposed to do. Like Wisconsin, A&M and Notre Dame fans should be livid right now. We should be hopeful but we've seen nothing yet. Nothing. And we know what happened the last 2 years. When we beat someone with a pulse I'll be happy. Until then I'm just neutral.

Honestly, we won today--great, hopefully we're ready for Auburn but it had no impact on my mood
I don't mind a cupcake or 2 on the schedule. No preseason in College, so this acts as one. No terribly easy games in the BIG either.

Today went exactly as it was intended. Easy win. Get backups some good playing time. Hope everyone comes out healthy.

Should PSU fans be partying in the streets all night? No. But we should be happy with the way the game went.

I don't mind a cupcake or 2 on the schedule. No preseason in College, so this acts as one. No terribly easy games in the BIG either.

Today went exactly as it was intended. Easy win. Get backups some good playing time. Hope everyone comes out healthy.

Should PSU fans be partying in the streets all night? No. But we should be happy with the way the game went.
If you want to be happy about beating Ohio that's great but don't expect everyone to have the view. I wish people would stop going to games like Ohio to prevent them from continuing to be scheduled. Hoping realignment makes this a thing of the past.

Honestly, we won today--great, hopefully we're ready for Auburn but it had no impact on my moodBecause a win should make any fan happy.

Because I love winning…it’s like better than losing.

Reactions: NittanyChris
It's like an adult playing basketball against a toddler. Do you feel good when you win or do you take it easy on the kid so he does cry for the next hour? It's not a "real win"

If you want to be happy about beating Ohio that's great but don't expect everyone to have the view. I wish people would stop going to games like Ohio to prevent them from continuing to be scheduled. Hoping realignment makes this a thing of the past.
You sounds like a miserable person. Pretty on brand for a lot of our fans I guess. We don't play many games in a season, a win is reason to be happy regardless of the opponent, especially when it goes exactly as it should like it did today. Nobody will be rioting in Beaver canyon tonight, but we can still enjoy a win.

You sounds like a miserable person. Pretty on brand for a lot of our fans I guess. We don't play many games in a season, a win is reason to be happy regardless of the opponent, especially when it goes exactly as it should like it did today. Nobody will be rioting in Beaver canyon tonight, but we can still enjoy a win.
Why is someone "a miserable person" for not being excited or happy about meaningless things? We beat Ohio. Not Ohio State.

I'm happy for an easy win, regardless of the opponent. Ohio in particular certainly doesnt move the needle for me. A solid win next week against AU will.

Almost every team in college football schedules cupcakes. The ones that don't ARE the cupcakes.

Exactly. This guy is such an idiot - team goes out and plays well... shows they are continuing to get better.... get some of the young talent valuable experience and playing time before Auburn and the rest of b1g schedule. But this troll keeps saying, "why should I be happy..... blah, blah, blah" as if his satisfaction matters one iota. I couldn't give a flying f-bomb if he's happy, satisfied or constipated as usual....

Reactions: AWS1022
Why is someone "a miserable person" for not being excited or happy about meaningless things? We beat Ohio. Not Ohio State.
If you take zero pleasure in life except for significant things, I'd say that makes you a pretty miserable person. What percentage of life consists of relatively significant things, 10% at best? Despite your statement, beating Ohio is meaningful. Allar and many others got meaningful reps and experience today. Being 2-0 instead of 1-1 is meaningful.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT