ADVERTISEMENT

Kent State to Soften Up Iowa, Maryland

doofis

Aug 26, 2016
AP Iowa City - Penn State can look forward to Hawkeyes' and Terrapins' teams banged up and depleted in morale, thanks to visits by the Kent State Golden Flashes. The Flashes, after games with #6 Texas A&M and #17 (FCS) VMI, lead the nation in INT's (8) and are 2nd in the nation in rushing. The Flashes' 226 yards of rushing on 45 carries vs. A&M is the most the Aggies have given up since 2020. The VMI contest was 39-0 at halftime; 3rd and 4th stringers played the 2nd half - keeping it at 60-10. 7 different players scored rushing TD's.

Coach Sean Lewis, in his 4th year and still the youngest HC in FBS, has converted the perennial bottom-feeders into a legit team seemingly overnite. Flashes won their first ever bowl in 2019 and went 3-1 in a shortened 2020 season (in which they led the nation in total offense and points scored). Transfers, especially from Syracuse, have bolstered Lewis's like-flies-to-flypaper recruiting. Tomorrow's game with Iowa might be the last time to see Sean Lewis on the KSU sideline before he takes over at Penn State. I mean, you know, if JF goes to USC.

BTN, 3:30pm.

p.s. I kid. Just hoping Kent can score >10 points tomorrow and maybe keep it semi-respectable.

Reactions: NedFromYork
AP Iowa City - Penn State can look forward to Hawkeyes' and Terrapins' teams banged up and depleted in morale, thanks to visits by the Kent State Golden Flashes. The Flashes, after games with #6 Texas A&M and #17 (FCS) VMI, lead the nation in INT's (8) and are 2nd in the nation in rushing. The Flashes' 226 yards of rushing on 45 carries vs. A&M is the most the Aggies have given up since 2020. The VMI contest was 39-0 at halftime; 3rd and 4th stringers played the 2nd half - keeping it at 60-10. 7 different players scored rushing TD's.

Coach Sean Lewis, in his 4th year and still the youngest HC in FBS, has converted the perennial bottom-feeders into a legit team seemingly overnite. Flashes won their first ever bowl in 2019 and went 3-1 in a shortened 2020 season (in which they led the nation in total offense and points scored). Transfers, especially from Syracuse, have bolstered Lewis's like-flies-to-flypaper recruiting. Tomorrow's game with Iowa might be the last time to see Sean Lewis on the KSU sideline before he takes over at Penn State. I mean, you know, if JF goes to USC.

p.s. I kid. Just hoping Kent can score >10 points tomorrow and maybe keep it semi-respectable.
They've got a tough schedule! Tamu (7) Iowa (5), and MD. I did get a kick out of what I highlighted, though.

Reactions: Bird-in-Hand boy

Dude, what was up with Lewis trying to kick field goals at the end of the A&M game, down 31 points?
Sounds like someone was trying to cover a spread. Bummer they both missed.

Kent State can play.

Didn’t realize they were playing MD and Iowa - that’s a good thing.

Reactions: Bird-in-Hand boy

Hell, I hope Kent State wins them both.

ADVERTISEMENT