ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa/Purdue, MN/Neb

Maybe because he knows this is the part of the year where Hawks are at their peak while our guys are months away from that. Purely speculating tho....
Those 4 have been underwhelming compared to what most Penn St fans would expect at this point. That was the claim. No one said anything about 2 months from now.

Reactions: Cstroke
You could say the same for Haines, Bartlett, Truax and Nagao.
Bartlett, yes, Truax, possibly depending on what your expectations are. Nagao, I don’t think so. That was a flukey loss last night and his only other loss was to Crookham. He’s been pretty dominant in a lot of matches, too. I’m not concerned about him.

With Haines, I think what’s hurting him in some people’s eyes is that he’s now being compared to Mesenbrink, who is going scorched earth in every match. Haines is undefeated, ranked #1, and increased his bonus % from 35% to 62%. He’s been great this year, just a little overshadowed by the two guys after him. Last year, he beat Lewan 3-1 in SV after a 1-1 match, and it was a huge win. This year, he beat Lewan 2-1 on a late stall in a 1-1 match, and it’s a disappointment. What has changed is expectations for him. He’s been better then last year on the mat.

Bartlett, yes, Truax, possibly depending on what your expectations are. Nagao, I don’t think so. That was a flukey loss last night and his only other loss was to Crookham. He’s been pretty dominant in a lot of matches, too. I’m not concerned about him.

With Haines, I think what’s hurting him in some people’s eyes is that he’s now being compared to Mesenbrink, who is going scorched earth in every match. Haines is undefeated, ranked #1, and increased his bonus % from 35% to 62%. He’s been great this year, just a little overshadowed by the two guys after him. Last year, he beat Lewan 3-1 in SV after a 1-1 match, and it was a huge win. This year, he beat Lewan 2-1 on a late stall in a 1-1 match, and it’s a disappointment. What has changed is expectations for him. He’s been better then last year on the mat.
Now I will compare the seasons of Franek and Caliendo since this started from the OP stating they have been underwhelming. Each has one loss on the year. Franek to Blockhus who just dominated Robb and Caliendo to Carr who’s pretty good. Franek has wins over (Intermat rankings) Robb (3), Chittum (13), Swensen (15) and Blaze (16). Caliendo has wins over Kennedy (9 at 174), Taylor (18) and Brenner (30).

Based on these results if Franek and Caliendo have been “underwhelming” with these results then I would say the results of Haines, Bartlett, Nagao and Truax would be considered underwhelming as well.

Now if you disagree with NittanyChris and don’t think Franek and Caliendo have been underwhelming then neither have the 4 Penn St wrestlers based on results.

If you agree with him, then explain to me how your guys results are better.

Reactions: WildTurk
Now I will compare the seasons of Franek and Caliendo since this started from the OP stating they have been underwhelming. Each has one loss on the year. Franek to Blockhus who just dominated Robb and Caliendo to Carr who’s pretty good. Franek has wins over (Intermat rankings) Robb (3), Chittum (13), Swensen (15) and Blaze (16). Caliendo has wins over Kennedy (9 at 174), Taylor (18) and Brenner (30).

Based on these results if Franek and Caliendo have been “underwhelming” with these results then I would say the results of Haines, Bartlett, Nagao and Truax would be considered underwhelming as well.

Now if you disagree with NittanyChris and don’t think Franek and Caliendo have been underwhelming then neither have the 4 Penn St wrestlers based on results.

I don’t really think they’ve been underwhelming. They’ve been pretty much as promised. On Iowa, Teske has been consistently underwhelming, and VV3 at times, although he looked good last night.

Reactions: jmadden1998
this is a very different glazier than we’ve seen. he lost to kolby franklin last year.

That really doesn't answer my question. I understand that he didn't exhibit this sort of result in the past. It's as more a mystery as to how an athlete keeps such apparent talent corked as much as it becomes uncorked.

It's almost like the whole Ferrari debacle lit a fire, and I say that as a compliment.

Reactions: PSUbluTX
That really doesn't answer my question. I understand that he didn't exhibit this sort of result in the past. It's as more a mystery as to how an athlete keeps such apparent talent corked as much as it becomes uncorked.

It's almost like the whole Ferrari debacle lit a fire, and I say that as a compliment.
The fire was already lit before he wrestled Ferrari. Perhaps guys like Glazier and Hill are developing in the Iowa room under coach Brands.

The fire was already lit before he wrestled Ferrari. Perhaps guys like Glazier and Hill are developing in the Iowa room under coach Brands.

So Brands is learning the art of development that evaded him with guys like Marinelli, Lugo??

So Brands is learning the art of development that evaded him with guys like Marinelli, Lugo??
Marinelli was a 4 time big ten champion and All American who had nice wins over your boy Cenzo. Lugo was #1 tearing it up in 2020 before he was robbed from the Chinese Flu. Those are poor examples you picked.

You can admit that Brands is a good coach. It won't change anything

• Haha
Reactions: JWil23 and js8793
Marinelli was a 4 time big ten champion and All American who had nice wins over your boy Cenzo. Lugo was #1 tearing it up in 2020 before he was robbed from the Chinese Flu. Those are poor examples you picked.

You can admit that Brands is a good coach. It won't change anything
Only suckers and losers count all Americans from 2020

He’s most likely going into the Big 10 tourney with only one loss to Brooks. His remaining opponents.

01/26
#59 Pettigrew, Isaiah
#25 Illinois
01/28
#57 Bates, Evan
#53 Northwestern
02/02
#87 Striggow, Bobby
#8 Michigan
02/09
#1 Brooks, Aaron
#1 Penn State
02/18
#148 Tal-Shahar, Mike
#28 Wisconsin
02/25
#12 Surber, Luke
Oklahoma St

Get to the finals at Big 10’s and enter NCAA’s with 2 losses and a fairly high seed. Could see him AA easily this year.
I'll root for Glazier against all but Brooks. That's how much I enjoyed his response to the Birdboy at SS.

Wow. Michael Blockus takes out Franek and Robb back to back weeks. Helluva week for the kid.
Good week for sure, but only a mild surprise IMO:
  • Blockus is legit
  • Franek wrestles a lot of tight, low-scoring matches. He's tough, but not much margin for error.
  • After the serious health issue, Robb clearly isn't what he was last season.

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel

That’s fair. They haven’t underwhelmed.

I don’t like dragging Beau into it though after what he did a month ago in freestyle and in the spring (summer?) prior to that. I think he’s balancing an NCAA season with Olympic aspirations. Let’s not forget he had world team member Nick Lee beaten even in freestyle before strange things occurred.

Reactions: jmadden1998
Hello pot I'm kettle lmfao. You are a ****ing sheep you believe whatever conspiracy you are deepthroating this week so go ****ing play on gia and take your political bullshit somewhere else. Oh and spit it out it ain't yours
Hush kid. Your momma would slap you.

What is up with you people constantly talking about sucking and throating? Is that a PA thing? Just always talk about it?

Hush kid. Your momma would slap you.

What is up with you people constantly talking about sucking and throating? Is that a PA thing? Just always talk about it?
Nope we just know about (some) Iowa fans and how much they love to suck it. Lol. Figures you would bring a momma into it. Just a big mouth and all talk. Pick a bridge bitch ohhhhh and thanks for your service

Has nothing to do with previous years. He claims Franek and Caliendo are underwhelming right now based on ranking and if you look at results this year the 4 guys I mention would fit that bill.

What is Franek's and Caliendo's record this year?

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]
No, Gable is Legendary.

They are not mutually exclusive and legendary isn't the superlative of great. Also, in this context as an adjective, it's not capitalized.

Now, you are legendary. (Here, but not for positive reasons).

They are not mutually exclusive and legendary isn't the superlative of great. Also, in this context as an adjective, it's not capitalized.

[/QUOTE]

Gable is a living legend. I am lucky enough to have visited with him a few times now. I hope he lives forever!

Gable is a living legend. I am lucky enough to have visited with him a few times now. I hope he lives forever!
[/QUOTE]

Yes, I hope he survives his contact with you as well. Of course Dan's getting up there and will follow the way of all flesh, including the loss of immune function against pathogens.

Of course being male, he might be unaffectable.

"Past research has identified two specific imbalances of the vaginal microbiota that commonly lead to bacterial vaginosis."

—Lori Youmshajekian, Scientific American, 6 Dec. 2023

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT