ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa @ Princeton

slushhead

Mar 10, 2014
On ESPN+ today at 2PM ET.

Doesn't sound like Lee is going, but Warner-Brucki, Young-Monday, and maybe some others could be decent matchups.

I know most here will be watching PSU-Penn, but some may wish to multitask. ;)

I was surprised to see that Princeton nearly knocked off Oklahoma State on Friday. Final score was 18-15 and that's with Princeton forfeiting 165 to give Okie State 6 points off the bat.

I didn't think it would be that close, and didn't expect to see Pat Glory beat Nick Piccininni 9-4. Glory with a little pay back for getting pinned by Picc at Nationals last year.

What happened @CowboyUp61? Was that expected, were some guys banged up? Piccininni has looked tough.

Last edited:
Desanto TF Pierson 25-10

Iowa 5, Princeton 3

ADS Almost had him broke on TDs w/ 0:40 left in 1st, but Pierson ultimately made it to midway through 3rd.

Last edited:
#9 Monday over #4 Young 3-2.

Iowa 12, Princeton 6

Monday was quick, with a couple of attacks (1 in 1st, 1 in 2nd), converting a TD early in 1st. Young relied mainly on a front headlock and scramble defense. Escapes accounted for all other points.

#2 Marinelli over Melbourne by Fall

Iowa 18, Princeton 6

Bull mauled him with TDs, some riding, and lots of attempted head&neck-based turns. Stuck him on feet-to-back TD when up 21-8 late in 3rd. Melbourne probably won't enjoy getting out of bed in the morning.

#3 Kemerer over Parker by Tech Fall 20-4

Iowa 23, Princeton 6

Kemerer had him dead-to-rights with a very, very close stick midway through 1st after feet-to-back TD. Then TDs and hard rides the rest of the way.

Reactions: danoftw
Brands going vs. Stefanik, the latter wins 7-6.

Nice back-and-forth bout. Brands did not look like his Carver self until a score-tying TD with 0:29 left in the 3rd. Stefanik was plenty aggressive on his feet most of the match, then held on at end to win after Brands let him up to try to secure match-winning TD.

Iowa 23, Princeton 9

Last edited:
#3 Warner over #3 Brucki 5-4

Iowa 26, Princeton 9

Brucki is a brick shithouse wrapped in human flesh and an orange singlet. But Warner held in there better than I expected and took him out with a TD at 0:03 remaining. Prepare for the return of "Warnerov".

Nice back-and-forth bout. Brands did not look like his Carver self until a score-tying TD with 0:29 left in the 3rd. Stefanik was plenty aggressive on his feet most of the match, then held on at end to win after Brands let him up to try to secure match-winning TD.

Iowa 23, Princeton 9

IRONBIRD posted:

"10-5 Brooks,
I predict Brands motor will break him if this is there [sic] guy."

Friday @ 9:50pm
12/6/19

Iowa 23, Princeton 9
LOL. Flo rockets the kid up to 6th and he lays an egg

Last edited:
I was surprised to see that Princeton nearly knocked off Oklahoma State on Friday. Final score was 18-15 and that's with Princeton forfeiting 165 to give Okie State 6 points off the bat.

I didn't think it would be that close, and didn't expect to see Pat Glory beat Nick Piccininni 9-4. Glory with a little pay back for getting pinned by Picc at Nationals last year.

What happened @CowboyUp61? Was that expected, were some guys banged up? Piccininni has looked tough.
Glory wrestled a hell of a match. Picc couldnt finish good shots. I expected a close dual. Didn't expect Geer to get beat that easily. Thought we would split 74-84-97 HWY 2 and 2. We did look a little sluggish in the upper weights. Plus I think Gfeller would have gotten bonus, and Joseph would have won at 74.

Monday-Sheets was worth it. Both active, just excellent defense.

Last edited:

IRONBIRD posted:

"10-5 Brooks,
I predict Brands motor will break him if this is there [sic] guy."

Friday @ 9:50pm
12/6/19
If someone were to document the statement, date and time for every post rusted birdbrain put out there that was either initially incorrect or eventually proved incorrect, an encyclopedia would become full. If stupid thought was the baseline, someone would need to be present 24/7 to document each thought.

Last edited:
If someone were to document the statement, date and time for every post rusted birdbrain put out there that was either initially incorrect or eventually proved incorrect, an encyclopedia would become full. If stupid thouggt was the baseline, someone would need to be present 24/7 to document each thought.
Ironbird was one of those "150 point" guys last year. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT