ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa-Northwestern

Kiss my grits...
There’s sumtinwong with your Alice’s Restaurant!

kiss-my-grits-flo-25935022.png

Reactions: danoftw
My little town in NJ has a celebration every August. Part of the celebration is free concert in a park and fireworks. Two summers ago, Arlo Guthrie was the performer. The show was okay, but I started getting a little bored so I started walking home. By the time I got to the mountaintop where my house is, I heard him starting to play Alice's Restaurant. I had to turn around and go back.
ever hear Rueben Clamso and his daughter in the key of E?? Need to be impaired but very funny.... at least it once was!

Just in case you want to let Tom know how you feel.

Please follow up with the explanation when you get it...
Doesn't matter if this is publicly available information. Doxxing and encouraging harassment are never OK.

Fortunately everybody has better things to do with their time. Right?

Reactions: Dogwelder
Doesn't matter if this is publicly available information. Doxxing and encouraging harassment are never OK.

Fortunately everybody has better things to do with their time. Right?
Doxxing - wow. I'll admit it I had to look that one up. Cannnot wait to unleash that one this week sometime.

Last edited:
Just watched the Brands post match interview. I found his comments to be embarrassing and just flat out humiliating for Iowa fans.

I can see the PR recruiting pitch. Come to Iowa and never lose, cause we'll let you duck all the superior opponents.

Or the new pitch to wrestling fans, come to Carver, the Mecca of College wrestling, where we have a plan to make sure our guys don't lose to superior talent.

Smh

Just watched the Brands post match interview. I found his comments to be embarrassing and just flat out humiliating for Iowa fans.

I can see the PR recruiting pitch. Come to Iowa and never lose, cause we'll let you duck all the superior opponents.

Or the new pitch to wrestling fans, come to Carver, the Mecca of College wrestling, where we have a plan to make sure our guys don't lose to superior talent.

Smh
I've been having fun with all the duckeye stuff--but I'll be honest here--if Lee has had some sort of virus, it would make sense, right? I mean folks all season have been saying "he doesn't look right." If so, I think the judgement should come from sending Lee out at all (eg against ILL). Brands definitely screwed himself in that press conference though. Better to bite his lip than try to create some sort of "master plan" rhetoric.

I've been having fun with all the duckeye stuff--but I'll be honest here--if Lee has had some sort of virus, it would make sense, right? I mean folks all season have been saying "he doesn't look right." If so, I think the judgement should come from sending Lee out at all (eg against ILL). Brands definitely screwed himself in that press conference though. Better to bite his lip than try to create some sort of "master plan" rhetoric.

Brands should never keep quiet. He remains the best interview in the business.

Reactions: diggerpup

Brands should never keep quiet. He remains the best interview in the business.
If he coached a revenue sport, he and his bro would have been fired with cause a long time ago.

All depends on your POV. Personally, I'd love for him to do a daily podcast. But I think he hurt his program w/ those remarks.
Omg could you imagine.

What I really want is the ducks corner mic'd up during a big match. Also a fit bit to track their steps during a match.

I think they burn more calories than some of their wrestlers.

Having Lee duck Rivera really did not make any sense. If they want Lee to get the #1 seed at B1Gs he has to beat Rivera since he already lost to him at Midlands. If he beats Rivera on Sunday, he would have gotten the #1 seed for B1Gs.

If the concern is NCAA seeding, Lee gets Piccininni in a few weeks, beat him head to head Lee in all likeliness is seeded higher even if he would have lost to Rivera 3 times. That leaves being seeded above Bresser, that really does not matter, not much difference between 2 and 3, still wrestle in the semis. Maybe the plan is to duck Piccininni too, reduce the chances with Rivera being the #1 at NCAAs and Lee the #4 if he lost to Piccininni.

Having Lee duck Rivera really did not make any sense. If they want Lee to get the #1 seed at B1Gs he has to beat Rivera since he already lost to him at Midlands. If he beats Rivera on Sunday, he would have gotten the #1 seed for B1Gs.

If the concern is NCAA seeding, Lee gets Piccininni in a few weeks, beat him head to head Lee in all likeliness is seeded higher even if he would have lost to Rivera 3 times. That leaves being seeded above Bresser, that really does not matter, not much difference between 2 and 3, still wrestle in the semis. Maybe the plan is to duck Piccininni too, reduce the chances with Rivera being the #1 at NCAAs and Lee the #4 if he lost to Piccininni.

I think it made sense.

If he beats Rivera this past Sunday, he needs to beat him at Big Tens to get the one seed.

If he doesn't wrestle, he needs to beat him at Big Tens to get the one seed.

If he wrestles and loses, he probably doesn't have any shot at the one seed.

He gains almost nothing wrestling, but stands to lose a lot.

I think it made sense.

If he beats Rivera this past Sunday, he needs to beat him at Big Tens to get the one seed.

If he doesn't wrestle, he needs to beat him at Big Tens to get the one seed.

If he wrestles and loses, he probably doesn't have any shot at the one seed.

He gains almost nothing wrestling, but stands to lose a lot.

Who ever thought we would be discussing these possibilities with regard to Spencer Lee? HR told us that he would best Nolf and Bo for the Hodge this year.

Well in fairness to HR (yeah, I just typed that) when they said that Spencer did not have his mono type illness that they now say he has. And there is evidence that he is not quite 100%.

Well in fairness to HR (yeah, I just typed that) when they said that Spencer did not have his mono type illness that they now say he has. And there is evidence that he is not quite 100%.

I hear you, and I 100% believe he isn't right. I am certain of that. When he is right, and I know Rivera beat him fair and square, but when right, those two aren't in the same tier. It's a major at least.

My only question would be, over the months/years/decades, how many people haven't been "right" and still wrestled, still found a way to get on the mat. Now if it is something so, so bad, like something congenital or along those lines, why is he wrestling at all?

B10 seed is a nothing burger. Rivera and Lee will be the top 2 seeds and barring injury the finalists. The only consequence is who wins the final.

They're very likely the top 2 seeds at nationals as well, with the B10 champ being the 1. Maybe a 2nd loss could drop Lee to the 3 (since Bresser's only loss was Rivera in OT) but 2 vs. 3 seed is inconsequential -- nobody seeded 6th or lower is beating Lee anyway.

Let's put this to bed now -- Lee is not ducking Piccininni. Lee has dominated those matches barely less than he would dominate me.

Reactions: tikk10
I've never had mono or "something of the like". Does it really last 2 months?

I hear you, and I 100% believe he isn't right. I am certain of that. When he is right, and I know Rivera beat him fair and square, but when right, those two aren't in the same tier. It's a major at least.

My only question would be, over the months/years/decades, how many people haven't been "right" and still wrestled, still found a way to get on the mat. Now if it is something so, so bad, like something congenital or along those lines, why is he wrestling at all?
And what was the excuse for losing to Bresser last year?
The fact is that without the tilt that he is now dependent on he is not head and shoulders above all others.
Bresser and Rivera have proven that he is beatable if you are taking him down. Way too many excuses being made on his behalf. Wrestles Friday and mops up but not in good enough shape to go onSunday?

And what was the excuse for losing to Bresser last year?
The fact is that without the tilt that he is now dependent on he is not head and shoulders above all others.
Bresser and Rivera have proven that he is beatable if you are taking him down. Way too many excuses being made on his behalf. Wrestles Friday and mops up but not in good enough shape to go onSunday?

It seems very apparent that Spencer is not wrestling like he did last year. And given his (and others') comments, it's due to a long-term illness/fatigue issue.

Even by his most ardent supporters, it seems the explanation is that Spencer is only able to wrestle opponents that have virtually no chance of beating him. Some people are going to call that "ducking". Some people are going to call that "smart" and "doing what he needs to do to get ready for March".

I think they are both right, more or less.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT