ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa gets its transfer

Pat Duggan.
No biggie...I have known Patrick for years...He was in Renagade club with my son. Great kid who works really hard....Has a brother Francis who i believe just won PA states at 220 or HWT....He will do well but not PSU well....Great work ethic....Went to Cumberland Valley..District 3...Tough district.....

No biggie...I have known Patrick for years...He was in Renagade club with my son. Great kid who works really hard....Has a brother Francis who i believe just won PA states at 220 or HWT....He will do well but not PSU well....Great work ethic....Went to Cumberland Valley..District 3...Tough district.....
So why didn't you tell him he will hate the Iowa room and wrestling in 2 years, as you already know it to be fact with your contacts? Don't you care about the kid? Full court press to contact him to let him know the truth!!! You are at a TippingPoint in the kids life and you are going to let him slide to Satan and have a miserable life and afterife? Have a heart!!

You are a piece of work with your backhanded compliments. So, Patrick is certainly a much better prospect as your kid, but is not "PSU well". Does that make your kid "PSU terrible"? I hope not and hope that your kid has a huge successful PSU overall experience.

Congrats to Patrick on continuing his athletic and academic at a BIG10 university. I wish him the best, except for when he faces PSU.

Thanks for googling the info for all of us!

Reactions: Hotshoe
Can't crack the lineup at Lock Haven. I suppose you could do worse for depth.

So why didn't you tell him he will hate the Iowa room and wrestling in 2 years, as you already know it to be fact with your contacts? Don't you care about the kid? Full court press to contact him to let him know the truth!!! You are at a TippingPoint in the kids life and you are going to let him slide to Satan and have a miserable life and afterife? Have a heart!!

You are a piece of work with your backhanded compliments. So, Patrick is certainly a much better prospect as your kid, but is not "PSU well". Does that make your kid "PSU terrible"? I hope not and hope that your kid has a huge successful PSU overall experience.

Congrats to Patrick on continuing his athletic and academic at a BIG10 university. I wish him the best, except for when he faces PSU.
Patrick is a super nice kid off the mat. During club practice he would stay after all the time and help Coach Bentley with the younger kids. I know his Dad well too. Good man. No Brands will not make Patrick hate wrestling. Can't believe i just said that but Patrick really loves the sport. Yes. I will root for him all the time except when they wrestle PSU....Great kid who didn't have the elite wrestling ability but worked his butt off and got a lot better...Very hard nose type of kid on the mat....You will not see him shoving kids after the the Ref stops the match unless Brands forces his guys to do that crap....He and my son are still good friends....

Patrick is a super nice kid off the mat. During club practice he would stay after all the time and help Coach Bentley with the younger kids. I know his Dad well too. Good man. No Brands will not make Patrick hate wrestling. Can't believe i just said that but Patrick really loves the sport. Yes. I will root for him all the time except when they wrestle PSU....Great kid who didn't have the elite wrestling ability but worked his butt off and got a lot better...Very hard nose type of kid on the mat....You will not see him shoving kids after the the Ref stops the match unless Brands forces his guys to do that crap....He and my son are still good friends....
He might be a super nice kid but he's certainly not afraid to speak his mind....

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/06/patrick_duggan_seeks_to_reinve.html

Wow!

He might be a super nice kid but he's certainly not afraid to speak his mind....

http://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/06/patrick_duggan_seeks_to_reinve.html

Wow!
Never said he does not speak his mind....He is one of the nicest kids i have ever meat OFF THE MAT...Now on the mat Patrick turns into a very Physical wrestler....Tell you what you guys should have seen him and Ryan Deil going at it when they were younger and around the same weight....Everyone got off to the side and just watched....Freakin blood everywhere....It was crazy but lots of fun to watch....Coach Bentley would let them go for a while until they wanted to fight...lol...Renagade club was over in Shippensburg at that time....

Spyker is the same guy that berated me for describing Penn State lineup of having potentially a few holes in it . He commented that it was disrespectful of the individual at that weight.
His opening sentence of "No biggie" is far more degrading than all my comment about a couple of weights. Next time he should just type the positives and wish the kid well if he truly knows and likes the kid.

Spyker is the same guy that berated me for describing Penn State lineup of having potentially a few holes in it . He commented that it was disrespectful of the individual at that weight.
His opening sentence of "No biggie" is far more degrading than all my comment about a couple of weights. Next time he should just type the positives and wish the kid well if he truly knows and likes the kid.
No biggie meaning PSU will be alright. Yes. Patrick is a super kid off the mat....Anyone who knows him will tell you the same.

Wow!

Sure doesn't come off as a super nice kid in that article. More like PD3 where its everybody else's fault. He's young so I'll try not to judge him too harshly however eventually you have to grow up and look at the guy in the mirror when things don't work out…….All of a sudden, Marsteller vs Duggan is a match I want to see.

Last edited:
No biggie meaning PSU will be alright. Yes. Patrick is a super kid off the mat....Anyone who knows him will tell you the same.
So is he a great/super nice kid? Don't think you've said that yet. ;)

Wow!
3 programs in 3 years. Trashing Lock Haven and Scott Moore on his way out there door. I think I'll take his opinion with a grain of salt.

p.s. Having Spyker on ignore and not knowing wtf everybody is lashing out about is as irritating as not having him on ignore. Time for Spyker to go if this is a voting democracy (I'm not holding my breath on that).

3 programs in 3 years. Trashing Lock Haven and Scott Moore on his way out there door. I think I'll take his opinion with a grain of salt.

p.s. Having Spyker on ignore and not knowing wtf everybody is lashing out about is as irritating as not having him on ignore. Time for Spyker to go if this is a voting democracy (I'm not holding my breath on that).
Interestingly enough his younger brother pulled off the 3 programs in 3 years trifecta as well. While in HS, which may be more impressive.

Both of them have been ETR champs, combined with state duals and individuals, I have seen them wrestle a lot. Nice wrestlers, D1 caliber. Thought Lock Haven would have been a great place for Pat. Francis is a little more highly rated, pretty much because he's a big guy (harder to find) and he had some great early success - you don't expect many 9th graders to be able to compete like he did at the higher weights. Hasn't really made big improvements in results the last two years however. He is also a very good football player. No disrespect to the kid, because he's at the very top of the 99%, but he would face an extremely difficult road at PSU between Beard & the Nevills.

Spyker is very entertaining and rah rah PSU. I think he means well and he does provide a lot of folks on this board material for humor. He means no harm. I have yet to see him get negative or hostile and go toe to toe with others. Take him for what he is and what he is worth. It could be worse...

I remember being impressed by Duggan's candor when he ran into the buzz saw known as Jason Nolf in the King of the Mountain finals:

"I knew he was good,” a dejected Duggan said. “I expected him to go the whole time, but feeling it is different than thinking it. It's the first time that I experienced anything like that.”

http://highschoolsports.pennlive.co...erwhelmed-by-two-time-state-champ-jason-nolf/

I remember being impressed by Duggan's candor when he ran into the buzz saw known as Jason Nolf in the King of the Mountain finals:

"I knew he was good,” a dejected Duggan said. “I expected him to go the whole time, but feeling it is different than thinking it. It's the first time that I experienced anything like that.”

http://highschoolsports.pennlive.co...erwhelmed-by-two-time-state-champ-jason-nolf/
That contrasts with Tyler Berger's interview at Nationals where he said he would push the pace because he felt Nolf gassing during the dual.

Chuckle

Spyker is very entertaining and rah rah PSU. I think he means well and he does provide a lot of folks on this board material for humor. He means no harm. I have yet to see him get negative or hostile and go toe to toe with others. Take him for what he is and what he is worth. It could be worse...

Those that were here during the 2010-11 season will remember that spyker said a LOT of nasty things about Q and his girl friend (now wife). He will come on here and deny it and tell us how he is a friend of the family, etc. but I remember the low class things he said OVER and OVER, something everyone knows he is real good at.

Those that were here during the 2010-11 season will remember that spyker said a LOT of nasty things about Q and his girl friend (now wife). He will come on here and deny it and tell us how he is a friend of the family, etc. but I remember the low class things he said OVER and OVER, something everyone knows he is real good at.
He still says a lot of nasty things, just now mostly directed at other schools. Brands makes them hate the sport. Iowa guys don't have to go to class. Spencer Lee chose Iowa because Brands got his dad a job. Zeke Jones doesn't develop anybody. Etc.

That contrasts with Tyler Berger's interview at Nationals where he said he would push the pace because he felt Nolf gassing during the dual.

Chuckle
A few years ago I had the fortune of meeting an MLB umpire and hearing him tell a bunch of stories.

Possibly the best one was about George Brett and Ivan Rodriguez, during Pudge's rookie season. Rangers pitcher threw a borderline pitch that the ump called a strike. Brett told the ump "No way that was a strike, I can't hit that, and if I can't hit it then it isn't a strike." They went back and forth like that for a while, until the ump ordered Brett to get back in the box.

Sure enough, Pudge called the same pitch, and Brett launched it into the upper deck. During the homerun trot, Pudge turned to the ump and said "I thought he said he couldn't hit it." Ump told Pudge "You just got had by one of the best of all time."

If Berger thought Nolf was gassed, it's because Nolf wanted him to think that.

He did really well as a freshman in high school if I remember correctly. I think he may have even made a nice run at states. At the time I thought he was a kid to watch and I thought he'd get a PIAA title at some point. I'm pretty sure he always had some real studs in his way at states, though. He had a really nice high school career. He could start at plenty of programs and may even end up starting at Iowa.

He did really well as a freshman in high school if I remember correctly. I think he may have even made a nice run at states. At the time I thought he was a kid to watch and I thought he'd get a PIAA title at some point. I'm pretty sure he always had some real studs in his way at states, though.

Lots of names many of you will recognize from his PIAA runs.

2015 - Senior Year (145)
In R1, he defeated Cole Karam (Becca), 10-2. In the quarters he defeated Jarod Verkleeren (Belle Vernon), 7-2. In the semis he won by injury default over Chase Gallik (Wallenpaupack). In the finals, he lost to Michael Kemerer (Franklin Regional), 2-3, to take 2nd place

2014 - Junior Year (138)
In R1, he defeated Joey Alessandro (Hempfield Area), 3-1. In the quarters he defeated Kaleb Young (Hempfield Area), 5-3 SV. In the semis, he lost to Vincenzo Joseph (Pittsburgh Central Catholic), 0-3. (Joseph won States that year.) That dropped him into the consolations semis, where he defeated Hayden Hidlay (Mifflin County), 3-1. He then defeated Colby Ems (East Stroudsburg South), 5-2, to take 3rd place

2013 - Sophomore Year (132)
In R1, he defeated Wolfgang McStravick (Upper Perkiomen), 8-4. In the quarters, he defeated Drew Walker (North Hills), 7-2. In the semis, he defeated Ethan Kenney (Connellsville), 3-2. In the finals, he lost to Tyler Smith (Franklin Regional), 3-5, to take 2nd place

2012 - Freshman Year (126)
In R1, he defeated Evan Harkins (West Chester Rustin), 5-3. In the quarters, he defeated Derek Evanovich (Peters Township), 2-1. In the semis, he lost to Corey Keener (Blue Mountain), 2-4. That dropped him down to the consolation semis, where he defeated Michael Dahlstrom (Pleasant Valley), 9-2. He then lost to C.J. Palmer (Delaware Valley) in the finals 2-5, to finish in 4th place.

2, 3, 2, 4 at States in AAA is impressive.

2015 - Senior Year (145)
In R1, he defeated Cole Karam (Becca), 10-2. In the quarters he defeated Jarod Verkleeren (Belle Vernon), 7-2. In the semis he won by injury default over Chase Gallik (Wallenpaupack). In the finals, he lost to Michael Kemerer (Franklin Regional), 2-3, to take 2nd place

2014 - Junior Year (138)
In R1, he defeated Joey Alessandro (Hempfield Area), 3-1. In the quarters he defeated Kaleb Young (Hempfield Area), 5-3 SV. In the semis, he lost to Vincenzo Joseph (Pittsburgh Central Catholic), 0-3. (Joseph won States that year.) That dropped him into the consolations semis, where he defeated Hayden Hidlay (Mifflin County), 3-1. He then defeated Colby Ems (East Stroudsburg South), 5-2, to take 3rd place

In R1, he defeated Wolfgang McStravick (Upper Perkiomen), 8-4. In the quarters, he defeated Drew Walker (North Hills), 7-2. In the semis, he defeated Ethan Kenney (Connellsville), 3-2. In the finals, he lost to Tyler Smith (Franklin Regional), 3-5, to take 2nd place

In R1, he defeated Evan Harkins (West Chester Rustin), 5-3. In the quarters, he defeated Derek Evanovich (Peters Township), 2-1. In the semis, he lost to Corey Keener (Blue Mountain), 2-4. That dropped him down to the consolation semis, where he defeated Michael Dahlstrom (Pleasant Valley), 9-2. He then lost to C.J. Palmer (Delaware Valley) in the finals 2-5, to finish in 4th place.

extremely impressive when you look at those names.

2015 - Senior Year (145)

2014 - Junior Year (138)

Good post Tom. Thank-you.

I do respect that he doesn't react to anyone's vitriol. At this point no matter what spyker posts, 8 people will reply to him negatively and yet another thread becomes about him.

Even if he doesn't post in a thread there will be a few FULL COURT PRESS type posts or potshots.

If you disagree with someone to that level, put them on ignore. I know I'm an outsider and total hypocrite by doing exactly what I'm asking not to do, but at this point the anti-spyker gang is making this place way more off-topic and negative than anything he is doing.

Ignore really does work wonders, don't spend so much time on someone who you so vehemently disagree with and isn't going to change.

2015 - Senior Year (145)

2014 - Junior Year (138)

I counted 7 current or very likely future D1 starters that he faced at states (and 8 if Gallik breaks into Lehigh's lineup).

you may be right NoVa as I was not around then. So I reserve recency for my comments. I simply smile when he posts and usually smile more when I read reactions as some of you guys are pretty funny.

Reactions: psualt

Chuckle
I missed the interview, but that explains the semi-final match. Berger obviously believed if he sprinted backwards avoiding physical contact with Jason eventually Jason would become exhausted from giving chase.

Whoops.

Reactions: diggerpup
you may be right NoVa as I was not around then. So I reserve recency for my comments. I simply smile when he posts and usually smile more when I read reactions as some of you guys are pretty funny.

Agreed. Don't generally care for the comments and don't have that long history, but I stay off ignore purely because of some of the humorous (and clever) responses from the board. :)

Just stop with the Brands crap. It's beyond disrespectful.

I've seen him trash plenty of wrestlers (including ours) in favor of his latest man crush.

He still says a lot of nasty things, just now mostly directed at other schools. Brands makes them hate the sport. Iowa guys don't have to go to class. Spencer Lee chose Iowa because Brands got his dad a job. Zeke Jones doesn't develop anybody. Etc.
This. Pay attention people. Stop promoting the bs.

Reactions: diggerpup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT