ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Fans Being Iowa Fans

I wouldn’t worry about this. The Brand brothers are high quality individuals who will clear this up and address it with the fans.

F4642562-46-F5-495-B-B313-5-B71-E69-BA721.gif

I heard that too. Starocci was a alleged target. Speaking of racial issues at Iowa whatever became of the investigation into their football program? Never heard how or if it was resolved.
Ferentz was told to win or it will become a problem.

I heard that too. Starocci was a alleged target. Speaking of racial issues at Iowa whatever became of the investigation into their football program? Never heard how or if it was resolved.

I was there and saw the can thrown at Carter. The police went to the section where it was thrown. Iowa fans wouldn't report the person that threw it.

I was there and saw the can thrown at Carter. The police went to the section where it was thrown. Iowa fans wouldn't report the person that threw it.
You clearly must be lying. I have been assured by many on HR that behavior like this would never be tolerated, just as there is zero chance anyone in CHA would utter a racial slur at Gomez.

If you saw it did you report the person or were you complacent with the throwing?

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone
I had better seats than the can thrower. Went right over my head. Kind of like you and logic.
So you saw the thrower of the can sitting behind you. You mUst have been turned around at the time checking out how long the lines for the Carver Cones were. Or would you like to offer another logical explanation

So you saw the thrower of the can sitting behind you. You mUst have been turned around at the time checking out how long the lines for the Carver Cones were. Or would you like to offer another logical explanation
Why were you bragging about getting into a fight at your son's meet?

Last edited:
Reactions: joeaubie21

Hahaha,
I saw the can in the air. I assumed it was thrown. I guess it could have been kicked if the person had some room.

Interesting that it’s in white lettering and very hard to read. Why not dark lettering to make an emphatic statement against what happened? How about the bottle thrown at Starocci? No word... They are looking into just like Ferentz did.

Reactions: blmr31 and bison13
Maybe they will all turn and wave to the sick children as an act of contrition for being inbred racists. Then the announcers can talk about how it is one of the greatest traditions in sports during every match.

(Meanwhile, Penn State students can raise over a hundred million dollars for kids with cancer. But there's nothing to see here. Move along.)

Reactions: psu00
Interesting that it’s in white lettering and very hard to read. Why not dark lettering to make an emphatic statement against what happened? How about the bottle thrown at Starocci? No word... They are looking into just like Ferentz did.
It's alright because it's all white!

I have heard worse being said to minority athletes, and fans at Beaver Stadium. By PSU fans - and at PSU athletes and fans. And if you claim not to hear it, it's because you have selective hearing.

I find that hard to believe? The Iowa roster is stacked with black wrestlers! Oh wait maybe not!!
Did Iowa release a statement saying they condemn what happened at the PSU match or that they were going to ‘reach out’ to the Penn St wrestlers involved? (Just curious- I really don’t know).

Reactions: tlbakernc
Did Iowa release a statement saying they condemn what happened at the PSU match or that they were going to ‘reach out’ to the Penn St wrestlers involved? (Just curious- I really don’t know).

No. But a security guard or police man went to the area where the can was thrown from and stood there for a couple of minutes.

I tend to write off these anecdotal accounts of poor fan behavior. Every fan base has idiots who do idiotic things. I've never gone to a sporting event at Iowa, but I've talked to a few people who went to PSU FB games there - different years - who said the fans could not have been nicer.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
I tend to write off these anecdotal accounts of poor fan behavior. Every fan base has idiots who do idiotic things. I've never gone to a sporting event at Iowa, but I've talked to a few people who went to PSU FB games there - different years - who said the fans could not have been nicer.
I have. My general experience has been that Iowa fans were much more gracious at I.C. than when the fans (different ones of course) came to Minneapolis. Some were Minnesota residents. Just normal stupid drunk behavior stuff.

Reactions: bourbon n blues
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT