ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa at Nebraska

And to think DeSanto almost wrestled for Cael. What might have been! This thread is going to to 10 pages in no time!

just bc you didn’t see anything Lizak did to warrant Desanto’s actions doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. I heard there was lots of drama and banter at weigh ins regarding the starting weight. The minny coaches confronted DeSanto directly during this. I also know that someone showed Desanto the tweet from Lizak (even thought it was a fake account, desanto didn’t know it was) before the match to get his adrenaline going. That was the reason for the delay between the 2 and 3rd period because desanto and coaches were making the decision to go down. After he won the match his emotions were running very high, he just beat a guy no one (besides iowa fans) thought he could beat along with the minny coaches talking shit earlier and the tweet as the cherry on the cake. Until this point, his emotions were very under control (even when he lost in a big match).

This is obviously a topic that we will not agree on. We can agree to disagree on this, but it’s not black and white. Just because team points were taken away doesn’t mean he did something super horrible (remember Bo and Snyder got a team point taken away in the NCAA finals for throwing headgear, at their own corner)

Yeah, because,
* Nickal pinning Martin,
* from his own back,
* with the 184 title on the line &
* with the entire NCAA championship on the line,
* between two of the better teams in the past 25 years ....

... is exactly like Kid Kimura rag dolling some backup in some random conference meet that was already on ice.

WTF dude. o_O

just bc you didn’t see anything Lizak did to warrant Desanto’s actions doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. I heard there was lots of drama and banter at weigh ins regarding the starting weight. The minny coaches confronted DeSanto directly during this. I also know that someone showed Desanto the tweet from Lizak (even thought it was a fake account, desanto didn’t know it was) before the match to get his adrenaline going. That was the reason for the delay between the 2 and 3rd period because desanto and coaches were making the decision to go down. After he won the match his emotions were running very high, he just beat a guy no one (besides iowa fans) thought he could beat along with the minny coaches talking shit earlier and the tweet as the cherry on the cake. Until this point, his emotions were very under control (even when he lost in a big match). The coaches thought that his emotions were under control until this point, since then they have been working with him about it.

Like spencer said, the team gets him really hyped up before his matches and he hasn’t figured out how to turn the adrenaline off once the match ends. I have faith in Desanto and the coaches that this will get under control.

This is obviously a topic that we will not agree on. We can agree to disagree on this, but it’s not black and white. Just because team points were taken away doesn’t mean he did something super horrible (remember Bo and Snyder got a team point taken away in the NCAA finals for throwing headgear, at their own corner)
OMG drama at weigh-ins! And banter!! And a fake tweet!!!

vtg-iowa-hawkeyes-clown-folk-art_1_c563f30ce13ca2acbe62108ae828fdf7.jpg

Yeah, because,
* Nickal pinning Martin,
* from his own back,
* with the 184 title on the line &
* with the entire NCAA championship on the line,
* between two of the better teams in the past 25 years ....

... is exactly like Kid Kimura rag dolling some backup in some random conference meet that was already on ice.

WTF dude. o_O
You obviously misunderstood that example. I was saying that you can't only just point to team points getting taken away as harmful behavior and used the example of Bo and Snyder to show that points can be taken away for reasons that I personally don't feel is justified. Stop trying to twist my words, in no way was I saying that Bo's behavior after he won that match was poor in any way.

And to think DeSanto almost wrestled for Cael. What might have been! This thread is going to to 10 pages in no time!
Tell us, how close was it Turk? Did he really "almost" wrestle for PSU? You basically needed to get hit in the face with saliva to believe that your 133 spit on a mat, but you throw that out there? You're better than that, sometimes.

OMG drama at weigh-ins! And banter!! And a fake tweet!!!

vtg-iowa-hawkeyes-clown-folk-art_1_c563f30ce13ca2acbe62108ae828fdf7.jpg
I understand that it seems stupid to most people, but sometimes those things can get into your head when your a 19 year old. Was just providing some context to the situation, obviously you don't feel its justified and obviously I do, nothing is going to change either of our opinions about this so I doesn't really matter what I say does it?

Tell us, how close was it Turk? Did he really "almost" wrestle for PSU? You basically needed to get hit in the face with saliva to believe that your 133 spit on a mat, but you throw that out there? You're better than that, sometimes.
Cael didn't contact DeSanto after AD left Drexel?

And I never said DeSanto didn't spit on the mat. I just said I wanted to see video proof of it hitting the mat. I still havent seen that.

I understand that it seems stupid to most people, but sometimes those things can get into your head when your a 19 year old. Was just providing some context to the situation, obviously you don't feel its justified and obviously I do, nothing is going to change either of our opinions about this so I doesn't really matter what I say does it?

So why are you here again?

Might aswell get the Hawkeye bashing going early eh?!! o_O:)

It should be a pretty good dual really. Some good match ups.

Murin vs Chad Red
Young vs Tyler Berger
Bull vs Isaiah White
Wilke vs Venz
Warner vs Shultz

Isn't White the guy that has given Cenzo fits in the past? Is that just a mutual respect thing? After watching White wrestle Joey Gunther I have a gut feeling Marinelli is going to beat him comfortably. What say you?
You know, this is fine as long as you run back to your board and tell them we never intended to delete a thread, yes an entire thread devoted to Iowa wrestling. But ya know, everyone gets banned here. Lol

Reactions: diggerpup
just bc you didn’t see anything Lizak did to warrant Desanto’s actions doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. I heard there was lots of drama and banter at weigh ins regarding the starting weight. The minny coaches confronted DeSanto directly during this. I also know that someone showed Desanto the tweet from Lizak (even thought it was a fake account, desanto didn’t know it was) before the match to get his adrenaline going. That was the reason for the delay between the 2 and 3rd period because desanto and coaches were making the decision to go down. After he won the match his emotions were running very high, he just beat a guy no one (besides iowa fans) thought he could beat along with the minny coaches talking shit earlier and the tweet as the cherry on the cake. Until this point, his emotions were very under control (even when he lost in a big match). The coaches thought that his emotions were under control until this point, since then they have been working with him about it.

Like spencer said, the team gets him really hyped up before his matches and he hasn’t figured out how to turn the adrenaline off once the match ends. I have faith in Desanto and the coaches that this will get under control.

So you refuse to believe Desanto spit on the mat because there isn't absolute proof but you want everyone to just take your word with your weigh in fairytale? You really can't be this disingenuous, can you?

Reactions: Fatmarc
You know, this is fine as long as you run back to your board and tell them we never intended to delete a thread, yes an entire thread devoted to Iowa wrestling. But ya know, everyone gets banned here. Lol
The majority of the threads here include something about Iowa wrestling. You know that! This is my 2nd favorite Hawkeye board

TerribleMiserlyCatfish-small.gif

The magic loogie hit this guy.:)
That brings me back! Love Seinfeld

So why are you here again?
I'm asking nicely albeit a bit late. Let's not turn this board into HR. Let's be better than that and welcome good posters from all teams. What is the harm in that? Turk and some others are just fine if they are respectful here.

Reactions: liex26 and Fatmarc
It does matter what you say and you suggested I stop holding a 19 year old to a standard I could not hold myself.

And you would be wrong. And that is not a matter of opinion. It is a matter of fact. It is also a matter of fact that wrestlers I coached were required to respect the opponent, regardless of the situation..... If there is something you don't like about the opponent or his/her mouth or actions.....then beat them, shake their hand and move on. Celebrate some and move on.

Reactions: Gebmo and Hotshoe
Manning definitely had it coming. Do you think he coached Jensen into leg "Turk"ing Stolls mangled knee for 4 min? I do. It was definitely on Sam to get out but that was tough to watch. My knee is currently healing from surgery and I was cringing. Please just make it to March Sam!

With you on that Turk. I recall a match 3 years ago against the Cowpokes at Rec Hall when the e wrestler was deliberately trying to hurt McCutcheon's injured knee by mangling his knee brace. That type of thing is bush league, and made my blood boil.

We have video that potentially shows Desanto spitting on the mat. Show us your evidence that Cael potentially contacted Desanto. Video would be great.
"We" have video that "potentially" shows Desanto spitting on the mat. Hahaha I love that line.

All I know is that I remember reading Cael was on Desanto's doorstep after he left Drexel. If it's on the internet, it must be true. Don't shoot the messenger!

I'm asking nicely albeit a bit late. Let's not turn this board into HR. Let's be better than that and welcome good posters from all teams. What is the harm in that? Turk and some others are just fine if they are respectful here.

But this guy said over and over that he understands that he is not going to change our view and we are not going to change his view. Gridlock! Why come here to take that position and keep repeating it?

So you refuse to believe Desanto spit on the mat because there isn't absolute proof but you want everyone to just take your word with your weigh in fairytale? You really can't be this disingenuous, can you?
I am just saying what I head through the rumblings there, you can choose to believe it or not I really don’t care either way

"We" have video that "potentially" shows Desanto spitting on the mat. Hahaha I love that line.

All I know is that I remember reading Cael was on Desanto's doorstep after he left Drexel. If it's on the internet, it must be true. Don't shoot the messenger!
9:36 mark...sure looks like he bends down and spits...if you want video of propelled saliva to be convinced, then you win!

Reactions: danoftw
So what would you do if you were his coach? Suspend him for taunting because you think it will lead to him trying to intentionally hurt someone again?
Good question, but a throat slash to the crowd? I want the very best for him, but he has now cost how many points? It needs to end. Period. It's that damn simple. It's a terrible look for wrestling and just where does it stop? He needs some help, no doubt about that.

I am just saying what I head through the rumblings there, you can choose to believe it or not I really don’t care either way

And I'm just commenting on how you deny one that makes an Iowa wrestler look bad because there isn't proof, yet you'll float this story out there to make the same guy look better with absolutely no proof. Odd way of applying standards you have.

Also if you didn't care, you would have never came to this board with that story.

Good question, but a throat slash to the crowd? I want the very best for him, but he has now cost how many points? It needs to end. Period. It's that damn simple. It's a terrible look for wrestling and just where does it stop? He needs some help, no doubt about that.
I am genuinely concerned for ADs. Everyone in wrestling now knows he is a firecracker. Coaches and wrestlers will use this to get under his skin and get him off axis.

He will be poked, prodded and tricked into doing something stupid.

its human nature for competitors to exploit a weakness.

if ADs and TnT dont get a handle on this, it very well could lead to Micic 2.0

and I dont know if the wrestling interwebs are ready for that kind of banter.

The shush and thumbs up aren't horrible. Just pointing out to the hawk fan that he left out the throat slash,maybe on purpose to support his PSU fans gotta hate.
hwksfan said:
Lol, yeah after Nebby's antics during the match I think Desanto shushing the crowd and giving a thumbs up is fine. But PSU fans gotta hate
Dude, get a freekin clue. There is no excuse for his antics at the Nebraska bench. None. You don't act like a complete ass then walk over to the opponent. He needs to get his sh$t together. This will never be tolerated at Nationals. Stop defending stupidity.

I am genuinely concerned for ADs. Everyone in wrestling now knows he is a firecracker. Coaches and wrestlers will use this to get under his skin and get him off axis.

oh dont sell it short buddy. I'm ready. Just give me a day to come up with a new username over on HR and its on...

So, you read it somewhere? So much better than video.

I will never touch his personal issues whatever they are medically, but this has to stop. I'm sure the Brands know this. There's a reason his former coach said what he did. However, this has to stop. It's way too far now.

no need to be concerned, he will get it figured out soon! A micic 2.0 seems very unlikely considering I do t see him being beat anytime soon . In all seriousness I bet they will get it figured out soon because they aren’t going to want that going into conference weekend and ncaas. It’s only february, they got time to figure out his emotions.

Dude, get a freekin clue. There is no excuse for his antics at the Nebraska bench. None. You don't act like a complete ass then walk over to the opponent. He needs to get his sh$t together. This will never be tolerated at Nationals. Stop defending stupidity.
you better inform tyler berger and gable steveson an co about this!! other than the throat slash ads didn’t do anything out of the ordinary

I agree with your post. There's an excuse each time. Twitter,Red and Berger started it, pumped for Suriano,heard Micic called him something.Just wondering if your talking to me or the hawkguy quote in my post.

no need to be concerned, he will get it figured out soon! A micic 2.0 seems very unlikely considering I do t see him being beat anytime soon . In all seriousness I bet they will get it figured out soon because they aren’t going to want that going into conference weekend and ncaas. It’s only february, they got time to figure out his emotions.
Get it figured out soon? What planet are you currently residing on. This isn't like a whatever move. This is pretty serious. Throat slash and going to the other bench afterwards? The kid needs some help. Any sane person came see this. 3 points now deducted. When the hell has that happened? Get real.

I agree with your post. There's an excuse each time. Twitter,Red and Berger started it, pumped for Suriano,heard Micic called him something.Just wondering if your talking to me or the hawkguy quote in my post.
Not you. There's no excuse for this behavior. It's become a pattern and it's not healthy. He needs some help which is pretty damn obvious as everything has escalated.

Reactions: Fatmarc and danoftw
That's your response? How's this. The kid has some issues and the on mat part is getting worse, not better. Not a joking matter whatsoever. And no, the Brands are not responsible, but to make jokes about this is pretty damn stupid. There's a serious problem occurring.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT