ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting note about the coaching staff

Lemmus

Aug 28, 2008
Middle Podium
youtu.be
Forget about players with inflated senses of self-importance--PSU's coaching staff has more coordinators/ass. head coaches (7 of 10) than ANY team in the AP Top 10. Hell, Jimbo has all of two coordinators at A&M. Stop trying to make everyone happy--players and assistant--and just get them to do their damn jobs.

Forget about players with inflated senses of self-importance--PSU's coaching staff has more coordinators/ass. head coaches (7 of 10) than ANY team in the AP Top 10. Hell, Jimbo has all of two coordinators at A&M. Stop trying to make everyone happy--players and assistant--and just get them to do their damn jobs.
They are given those additional titles to get pay raises. It has nothing to do with inflating their egos

They are given those additional titles to get pay raises. It has nothing to do with inflating their egos
I never said those titles were bestowed with the intent of inflating egos--merely posited that there could be a link between the coaching dysfunction/Lasch Building revolving door and Franklin's feel-good promotions.

So, to be clear: are you saying that the titles aren't valid but simply a ruse to get a raise, and that inflated salaries aren't likely to translate to inflated egos? Debatable, but go on.

Feel better?

I never said those titles were bestowed with the intent of inflating egos--merely posited that there could be a link between the coaching dysfunction/Lasch Building revolving door and Franklin's feel-good promotions.

So, to be clear: are you saying that the titles aren't valid but simply a ruse to get a raise, and that inflated salaries aren't likely to translate to inflated egos? Debatable, but go on.
https://www.mcall.com/sports/penn-state/mc-spt-penn-state-football-notebook-20181215-story.html
Sean Spencer had “associate head coach “ added to get more money after teams came after him

Coaches are the root of all our problems. Not just this year....every year. I mean we got rid of three last year and look how much things got better between February and October. Our O coordinator was a massive improvement over Rahne and Trautwein did wonders with the O line.....the last two months.....not so much.
We need to get rid of everyone and imagine the progress we will see in February, March and April? The biggest issue is these coaches don't produce when you consider how much WE are paying them.

Why do they need the titles to get money? Sark and Kevin Steele don't have them and they get $2.5mm p.a.

PSU HR policies is my guess. Only certain titles can make a certain amount of money in the pay range for that title. I have heard things from those that work at PSU.

Is there a place where the job descriptions for those positions are defined? I would love to see the differing duties of the Director of Football Operations and the Director of Football Administration.
Obviously we are lacking a Senior Director of Administrative Football Operations. An extra layer of useless supervisors never hurt anyone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT