ADVERTISEMENT

Interactive Bracket from The Guillotine's Jaws2517

very cool. thx!

EDIT: Scratch that. This is WAY cool. Someone put a LOT of work into this.

Last edited:
I feel a lot better about Lee's chances to AA after playing around with that. That obviously changes if McKenna, Jack or Heil fall into the wrestlebacks early, but I like Lee against all the other guys he can face. That includes Carr, who I don't think will beat him like that again.

Ok..I'm not the most computer literate. Am I able to click on something to move the guys depending who I think wins and losses? I'm clicking on things but nothings happening?

k..I'm not the most computer literate. Am I able to click on something to move the guys depending who I think wins and losses? I'm clicking on things but nothings happening?

You need to enter a score.

Ok..I'm not the most computer literate. Am I able to click on something to move the guys depending who I think wins and losses? I'm clicking on things but nothings happening?
read the instructions. have to download it. only put scores in on the yellow blocks

Oops..didn't see instructions. I requested access because I was in "view only" mode. I'll play with it later. Thanks

Got it ready to go on the phone for at the tourney.. it is a great interactive bracket.. keeps everything right down to the last teams points..

This is pretty awesome. Filled out brackets. With guesses on bonus points, I have a 10-point win for PSU. Probably too many homer picks, but have to believe they will still be alive (with viable team path) to start the finals. Even if they come up short, that's all I really want.

This is pretty awesome. Filled out brackets. With guesses on bonus points, I have a 10-point win for PSU. Probably too many homer picks, but have to believe they will still be alive (with viable team path) to start the finals. Even if they come up short, that's all I really want.
Too many homer picks. That explains a lot.

I know! But it's true. Had PSU at 142.5. That's homertastic!

Dang! My PSU score and margin of victory is higher than that. And I thought I was being fairly, um, objective in my picks. :rolleyes:

P.S. If anyone is curious about the pick'em tab, it's for an internal bragging rights contest they're doing on the Guillotine board. You can find more details here: http://forum.theguillotine.com/topic/11062682/1/

Last edited:
Filled in a nearly worst case scenario with this where all the Buckeyes wrestle to seed and we lost by 4, stopped calculating bonus after the 2nd round too. Think we will win.

Last edited:
Have at it folks!! May even give it a go before Wednesday. Just one question...did you pick all the upsets too? :):) Might be a couple.

Roar , when will you be doing your analysis of who Penn State will face in the first few rounds , if they lose who you think they would face in wrestle backs. Etc etc. I like your unbiased perspective on things. Looking forward to next week

When I type in a score, the team points seem go up by the same amount whether I put in a decision, a MD, a TF, or a Fall. I must be doing something wrong. How are you typing in scores in the yellow box?

Roar , when will you be doing your analysis of who Penn State will face in the first few rounds , if they lose who you think they would face in wrestle backs. Etc etc. I like your unbiased perspective on things. Looking forward to next week
I am sorry. It appears, due to family situations, I will be unable to manage a write-up this year. Again, my apologies.

When I type in a score, the team points seem go up by the same amount whether I put in a decision, a MD, a TF, or a Fall. I must be doing something wrong. How are you typing in scores in the yellow box?
Just type in a score.

If I go to Cruz's first match, and type 1 in for Cruz and 0 in for Foley, Cruz has a point for advancement and the team score is 1. If I type 8 for Cruz, 0 for Foley, Cruz gets 2, team gets 2, 1 for advancement 1 for major, etc. Not sure where you're going wrong.

I had Penn St at 149.5, Ohio St at 146, Michigan at 98.5 and Iowa at 82. Really awesome spreadsheet

I am sorry. It appears, due to family situations, I will be unable to manage a write-up this year. Again, my apologies.

As much as I will miss your insight I am more comcerned that all is well with you and your family. Please know thoughts and prayers will be your way of needed!

Reactions: Ski
Hey, guys, regarding this spreadsheet...

I know that inputting the initial wrestlers/seeds/brackets is time-consuming for Jaws, as it usually takes him a couple of days to post it. I have already started working on functionality that will do that automatically, in order to help him out.

But, that also got me to thinking about other changes. Too late for this year, but if anyone comes up with any ideas for functionality that they would like to see, please post them here, and I'll see if I can build them in for next year.

Too late for this year, but if anyone comes up with any ideas for functionality that they would like to see, please post them here, and I'll see if I can build them in for next year.

Sounds like you have mad excel skills! Thx for offering. A couple thoughts:
1. Autopopulate the champions tab and include their seed
2. Have a separate tab for individual wrestler results (currently part of team tab) AND include their bonus points, maybe with data filtering capability to display/hide wrestlers and teams

Last edited:
Hey, guys, regarding this spreadsheet...

I know that inputting the initial wrestlers/seeds/brackets is time-consuming for Jaws, as it usually takes him a couple of days to post it. I have already started working on functionality that will do that automatically, in order to help him out.

But, that also got me to thinking about other changes. Too late for this year, but if anyone comes up with any ideas for functionality that they would like to see, please post them here, and I'll see if I can build them in for next year.

Thanks! Keying-in one entry per bout would be nice.... DEC, MD, TF, PIN, perhaps via drop-down would be sweet, instead of entering scores

Sounds like you have mad excel skills! Thx for offering. A couple thoughts:
1. Autopopulate the champions tab and include their seed
2. Have a separate tab for individual wrestler results (currently part of team tab) AND include their bonus points, maybe with data filtering capability to display/hide wrestlers and teams
If they were mad skills, the thing would be done already. By doing it this way, either I'll get it done and present it for next year, or I won't, and you guys will all forget about it by next year.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
If they were mad skills, the thing would be done already. By doing it this way, either I'll get it done and present it for next year, or I won't, and you guys will all forget about it by next year.

Calendering my reminder alarm for next year now. :p:D

Thanks! Keying-in one entry per bout would be nice.... DEC, MD, TF, PIN, perhaps via drop-down would be sweet, instead of entering scores
I kind of like your idea. A coupe of things about it...

The current work-around for this is to only type in 1, 8, 15 or 30 for the wrestler you think will win by that type of decision, and don't put a score in for the other wrestler. Saves a little time.

Personally, I hate drop-downs. However, what if you could simply type "D," "M," "T" or "F," and the cell would auto-populate with "Decision", "Major Decison," etc.? No drop-down, only enter something in one cell per bout, and you only have to type a single letter, after selecting the proper cell?

Just yell squirrel and we will all forget before the end of the week!!
Hey, look, over there........
squirrel%2B4.jpg

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
I kind of like your idea. A coupe of things about it...

The current work-around for this is to only type in 1, 8, 15 or 30 for the wrestler you think will win by that type of decision, and don't put a score in for the other wrestler. Saves a little time.

Personally, I hate drop-downs. However, what if you could simply type "D," "M," "T" or "F," and the cell would auto-populate with "Decision", "Major Decison," etc.? No drop-down, only enter something in one cell per bout, and you only have to type a single letter, after selecting the proper cell?

yes, perfect! i don’t like drop-downs either, i would do ctrl-c / ctrl-v to populate mine fast :)

even for less-saavy folks, entering one letter for each bout by hunting & pecking would be easy enough

This is the next best thing to it actually being Thursday, as for upsets, I just went match by match and somehow ended up with Scottie Parker in the finals???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT