ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana ....another night game

By the time October ends, Indiana will have played no less than 5 ranked teams. 6 if Maryland keeps winning. 4 of which are top 10 at the time of the game, maybe 5 if Sparty were to rise / others lose.

Reactions: NedFromYork
They sense an upset. I don't think so.
Nah. They just sense that there aren't any good choices that day. In the Big Ten, Fox had first pick and nabbed Michigan/Wisconsin. Disney basically had a choice between IU/PSU or tOSU/Rutgers.

In terms of using the night time slot versus 3:30, it looks like they just liked PSU better than Oregon/Stanford. Probably the right choice ratings wise.

So do we think Kirk will be in town for the call again? Looking at the schedule, not sure where else they'd go.

By the time October ends, Indiana will have played no less than 5 ranked teams. 6 if Maryland keeps winning. 4 of which are top 10 at the time of the game, maybe 5 if Sparty were to rise / others lose.
Penn State will have played four by the end of October and another four in November if Maryland keeps winning. Indiana only plays one in November.

If I’m not mistaken OU - UT is that same day and that is always a noon game and on Fox. I would bet PSU - Iowa would be a night game.

It's on ABC this year, not Fox.

Penn State will have played four by the end of October and another four in November if Maryland keeps winning. Indiana only plays one in November.

Yeah, but they suck. Lol

Reactions: jmorovich
That is some weird shite

He stopped listening to Pink Junk.

rebkah-howard_234000.jpeg

Reactions: BW Lion
So do we think Kirk will be in town for the call again? Looking at the schedule, not sure where else they'd go.

Sometimes they do the ESPN night game (typically an SEC contest) and McDonough/Blackledge do the ABC game. The SEC games are on a 6 day selection, but looks like it would be Florida/Kentucky.

Nah. They just sense that there aren't any good choices that day. In the Big Ten, Fox had first pick and nabbed Michigan/Wisconsin. Disney basically had a choice between IU/PSU or tOSU/Rutgers.

In terms of using the night time slot versus 3:30, it looks like they just liked PSU better than Oregon/Stanford. Probably the right choice ratings wise.
Yeah, but the part of me the loves logic would say give the west coast teams the night time slot. I know that it’s business/ratings, and not logic that drives this…

Good. Since ABC picked Indiana as it's prime-time game, maybe FOX has the pick for the following week and will do Iowa as it's Big Noon game and we avoid a juiced-up night game.
Fox does have the pick for the PSU-Iowa game. It will either be on Fox or on FS1. Right now, Maryland at OSU and MSU at Rutgers are listed as noon games for the BIG, but I would expect PSU-Iowa to be in the Big Noon slot on Fox. OU-TX is listed as an ESPN/ABC game that day.

FWIW, Georgia plays at Auburn that week as well. Hoping for Auburn to take it to the Dawgs.

Fox does have the pick for the PSU-Iowa game. It will either be on Fox or on FS1. Right now, Maryland at OSU and MSU at Rutgers are listed as noon games for the BIG, but I would expect PSU-Iowa to be in the Big Noon slot on Fox. OU-TX is listed as an ESPN/ABC game that day.

I would say that Friday night game the week before between Iowa and Maryland sets the table.

Undefeated Maryland vs OSU probably gets the Big Noon Kickoff over coming off it's first loss Iowa playing us.

Reactions: doctornick
I would say that Friday night game the week before between Iowa and Maryland sets the table.

Undefeated Maryland vs OSU probably gets the Big Noon Kickoff over coming off it's first loss Iowa playing us.
Good point. I was assuming Iowa takes care of Maryland, but MD could potentially win that game.

Reactions: lazydave841
Good point. I was assuming Iowa takes care of Maryland, but MD could potentially win that game.

For the most part, I assume the same. I had not even thought about it until I looked at their schedule again and noticed Maryland has Kent State this week setting up a big time showdown for a Friday night.

As somebody has said, the schedule is playing out very well right now WRT getting our opponents ranked well and tv matchups. It's fun stuff.

Reactions: NewEra 2014
If I am wrong, I apologize in advance, but I really think you are spewing a lot of misinformation.

I don't see anything anywhere that says the Indiana game is a "stripe out" game. Below is the link to the PSU press release about the kickoff and TV information for the Indiana game on Oct 2 - nothing here about a "stripe out".

Your link is to the 2015 Rutgers game. WTF???

You also replied that "yes", the ticket color determines whether you are in the blue or white section. Wrong - all the electronic tickets are blue, which is why I doubt PSU will try a "stripe out" - too difficult to try and coordinate colors by section when everyone's ticket is blue.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT