ADVERTISEMENT

Incoming 2024 freshman class

Maybe she only comes out of the box on date night?

I Love You GIF

Rooting for this kid. May not crack the starting line up. He now just concentrates on wrestling. He holds the Centre County High School football record for most points scored in a career. Previously held by Larry Johnson. Just a great athlete. Oh and he is a relative.

Ty Watson
PFP Ranking: NR
HS weight/ranking:152/NR
Weight projection for college: 157
Senior season: He finished eighth at the PIAA tournament at 152 pounds.

1. My God I hope no incoming incoming freshmen read this thread and change their minds.
2. Stay away from Bordeaux! I believe it was he who introduced me to Trackside Donuts in a post a few years back and ruined all other donuts for me.
Donuts, you say? I'll see your Trackside donuts and raise you Eagle's Wind donuts, on the strip in Shamokin Dam. One of my customers says, "I've had good donuts before, but these? These are made with love."

Britt's donuts on the Carolina Beach boardwalk are my GOAT. Melt in your mouth glazed donuts.
They make a couple hundred dozen every morning, open at 7 and are closed by 9.

1982 was a watershed vintage in Bordeaux and launched the career of arguably the most influential wine and food critic in history, Robert Parker. At the time he published a lightly read newsletter called The Wine Advocate. He was a vocal critic of the wine critic establishment that took lavish gifts and accommodations from large estates and distributors. He felt they were not impartial and he would take nothing from wineries and insisted on paying for his own bottles to sample from.
He proclaimed 1982 to be the greatest vintage since the acclaimed 1961 vintage while they were still in barrel. Most of the establishment thought they were too fruit forward and concentrated and threw him some shade. In the end he was proven to be correct with everyone changing course once the wines had been bottled. Those that purchased Bordeaux Futures based on his advice profited handsomely. So 82bordeaux refers to the vintage itself and not a specific wine.
How I established that as a screen name was back in the day I belonged to a wine collector's forum much like this. The first wine I ever purchased for my collection was 1982 Chateau Margaux. So I picked 82bordeaux for my screen name. And since I'm a dolt I stuck with it.
The best wine I ever had was a 1990 La Tache from Domaine Romanee Conti. It is a Burgundy which is my favorite wine region on the planet. Unfortunately the prices are reflective of the experience. That bottle of 1990 La Tache will set you back $8,000-10,000 today. And no, I never paid that much for a bottle of wine.
I found some of my old tasting notes from Cellartracker when digging back. Now I critique wrestling matches. That comes with much better company!

82bordeaux tasting notes

Gotta love offseason!
He's from Erie so he also drinks Ripple, any vintage.

Versatile.

1982 was a watershed vintage in Bordeaux and launched the career of arguably the most influential wine and food critic in history, Robert Parker. At the time he published a lightly read newsletter called The Wine Advocate. He was a vocal critic of the wine critic establishment that took lavish gifts and accommodations from large estates and distributors. He felt they were not impartial and he would take nothing from wineries and insisted on paying for his own bottles to sample from.
He proclaimed 1982 to be the greatest vintage since the acclaimed 1961 vintage while they were still in barrel. Most of the establishment thought they were too fruit forward and concentrated and threw him some shade. In the end he was proven to be correct with everyone changing course once the wines had been bottled. Those that purchased Bordeaux Futures based on his advice profited handsomely. So 82bordeaux refers to the vintage itself and not a specific wine.
How I established that as a screen name was back in the day I belonged to a wine collector's forum much like this. The first wine I ever purchased for my collection was 1982 Chateau Margaux. So I picked 82bordeaux for my screen name. And since I'm a dolt I stuck with it.
The best wine I ever had was a 1990 La Tache from Domaine Romanee Conti. It is a Burgundy which is my favorite wine region on the planet. Unfortunately the prices are reflective of the experience. That bottle of 1990 La Tache will set you back $8,000-10,000 today. And no, I never paid that much for a bottle of wine.
I found some of my old tasting notes from Cellartracker when digging back. Now I critique wrestling matches. That comes with much better company!

82bordeaux tasting notes

Gotta love offseason!
Too bad you deleted all of your Mad Dog reviews.

Rooting for this kid. May not crack the starting line up. He now just concentrates on wrestling. He holds the Centre County High School football record for most points scored in a career. Previously held by Larry Johnson. Just a great athlete. Oh and he is a relative.

Ty Watson
That's great! Now we have a new insider on the team ;)

Here is Ty at the SW AA regionals this year. Looks like there a lot for Cael to work with.

Thanks, I corrected it.

This group could be really special. I am putting the O/U on total National Championships at 6.5. Who is taking over versus under?
I'm not sure what you mean by over versus under but based on your post I'd say it's over for Iowa.

82bordeaux tasting notes

Gotta love offseason!
Boy, and to think you did not want my homemade dandelion wine! 🤣

Donuts, you say? I'll see your Trackside donuts and raise you Eagle's Wind donuts, on the strip in Shamokin Dam. One of my customers says, "I've had good donuts before, but these? These are made with love."
Where on the strip I'm here right now

My wife gets about a half a case of French wine from the Parkers every Christmas. His wife’s is a very interesting person, a master gardener (in fact she is supposed to come over to my house and help out with some iris's I have) and she also studied under Julia Child while in France.

Says a lot for folks who can make a living from their passion.
I am actually finding this wine talk interesting 🤯 In other news next year we will have a LL a BB and a MM in our starting lineup. All of whom should make the finals.

1. My God I hope no incoming incoming freshmen read this thread and change their minds.
2. Stay away from Bordeaux - he's a dangerous man. I believe it was he who introduced me to Trackside Donuts in a post a few years back and ruined all other donuts for me.
But have you had Parlor Donuts?

Forgot about Mad Dog, that was another college go-to.

Used to get drunk on it twice, first was drinking it, then the next morning when you rehydrated, you got drunk again.
I had a college girlfriend who cooked with Mad Dog -- used it both as a marinade and in sauces.

For some reason Thomas Keller never did this at the French Laundry.

2. Stay away from Bordeaux - he's a dangerous man. I believe it was he who introduced me to Trackside Donuts in a post a few years back and ruined all other donuts for me.
Bordeaux also introduced me to Mighty Fine Donuts and their apple fritters. He knows his donuts!

Forgot about Mad Dog, that was another college go-to.

Used to get drunk on it twice, first was drinking it, then the next morning when you rehydrated, you got drunk again.
MD 20/20,
Southern Comfort,
And a glorious PSU 21 point comeback vs Illinois….

Those combined for a rough night for me 30 years ago …. 🤮

Reactions: ikS
1. My God I hope no incoming freshmen read this thread and change their minds.
Yum Yum Donuts Quakertown PA ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Fractured Prune Ocean City NJ. Made to order toppings and icing. Line out the door down the block in morning.

Reactions: dbldoofus
I LOVE Eagle's Wind donuts!

Yum Yum Donuts Quakertown PA ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Fractured Prune Ocean City NJ. Made to order toppings and icing. Line out the door down the block in morning.
FP in Topsail also. Basic plain cake donut but if you put enough toppings on them they are indeed good.

I see a fla politician is trying to pass a law so people can buy 15 litre of whine,one bottle should last a whole yr!

Reactions: rll1957

Ty Watson
Good luck to him, but he probably has a better chance to walk on the football team and start than beat Levi or MM in a wrestle-off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT