ADVERTISEMENT

In other news this weekend Feb 8-10

Everybody wrestling for 2 thru 5 have holes. Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Michigan and Iowa all have the possibility of finishing second as well as fifth. It will depend on who wrestles a strong tournament.

Iowa has Lee, DeSanto, Marinelli and Warner as highly likely AAs, Stoll would be included, but that knee and the Nebraska kid riding the snot out of him make him possible AA.
Lee is Lee, DeSanto isn't getting to the finals so how he responds to losing is still an unknown, Marinelli should be in the finals, but last year and Warner is an obvious talent that to me looks underdeveloped to this point, so 3rd to way underperforming.
A strong tournament from Murin and Lugo means they need to wrestle above R16-R12 level and Young and Cash need to wrestle period.
The Hawks could have a couple finalists and 5 other AAs which allows them to challenge for 2nd or 3rd. They are just as likely to 2 finalists with 2 additional AAs which means they are competing with Missouri for 5th.

Agreed that everyone has holes. Maybe I’m being a homer but I think Ohio State’s holes are bigger than Iowa and Ok St’s from what we have seen this year. The next couple of weeks should provide some additional clarity for Iowa’s middle tier guys like Murin, Lugo, Wilcke and Stoll. There are some good individual matchups for them in the Ok St and Wisconsin duals.

Yea but, what about Rutgers?
Isn't this their breakout year especially after HUMBLING Purdue? :rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT