NJ--The Shore
as already noted, Lewis pins Zahid

Preston Weigel and Chandler Rodgers return for Okie State

Rivera majors Foley

Stoll over Hermedia 1-0

Anything else of note?

Reactions: diggerpup
UNC-VT:
133 - the Serial Killer (Gary Wayne Harding) beat Kollin Myers, who earlier this year beat Phillippi, who beat Fix ...
184 - Zavatsky 14-4 MD over Ness
HWT - Daniel 3-2 over Edinboro transfer Miller (significant upset)

MSU-NW:
Team score -- MSU won big, 30-10. Looking closer, Sebastian and Jennings did not wrestle; NW forfeited HWT.
125 - Rivera 13-3 MD over Foley

Indiana-Cruiseliner U:
149 - Ashnault 8-7 over Silva

Goofers-Cornholios:
Team Score - Cornholios won 21-18, clinched at 197.
125 - Russell WBF 5:53 over Moisey
141 - McKee 9-2 over Red
149 - Shearer 10-2 MD over Thorn
157 - Berger 3-1 SV over Bleise. Bleise needs to get off social media.
174 - Labriola 7-6 over Skatzka

UNC-VT:
133 - the Serial Killer (Gary Wayne Harding) beat Kollin Myers, who earlier this year beat Phillippi, who beat Fix ...
184 - Zavatsky 14-4 MD over Ness
HWT - Daniel 3-2 over Edinboro transfer Miller (significant upset)

MSU-NW:
Team score -- MSU won big, 30-10. Looking closer, Sebastian and Jennings did not wrestle; NW forfeited HWT.
125 - Rivera 13-3 MD over Foley

Indiana-Cruiseliner U:
149 - Ashnault 8-7 over Silva

Goofers-Cornholios:
Team Score - Cornholios won 21-18, clinched at 197.
125 - Russell WBF 5:53 over Moisey
141 - McKee 9-2 over Red
149 - Shearer 10-2 MD over Thorn
157 - Berger 3-1 SV over Bleise. Bleise needs to get off social media.
174 - Labriola 7-6 over Skatzka

I had the Minny-Husker match on my 'puter while watching the PSU Domination. Missed all the scoring in the Shearer/Thorn match....which was a crucial match. Moisey was up 4 or 5-1 before he got dumped and Labriola was down by 4 or so at one point. Missed the end.....something cool was happening on BTN :). Berger's match was a "Groundhog Day" moment. In Overtime...he took his first real shot and converted.

Iowa finishing 5th or worse is about the same likelihood as Bo and Jason both losing. Not gonna happen.

I'm not going to say it will happen, because I think Iowa has enough talent for a top 4 finish, but it is not outside the realm of possibility that they could finish behind PSU, OSU, UM, and OSU depending on match ups in both the main draw and in wrestle backs.

Reactions: Lyons212
I'm not going to say it will happen, because I think Iowa has enough talent for a top 4 finish, but it is not outside the realm of possibility that they could finish behind PSU, OSU, UM, and OSU depending on match ups in both the main draw and in wrestle backs.
Flo's projected NCAA Tournament points from the individual rankings:
1 Penn State 115
2 Ohio State 82
3 OK State 74.5
T4 Michigan 67.5
T4 Iowa 67.5
6 Nebraska 45.5

That doesn't include bonus points, which probably favors Iowa due to Spencer Lee. And a lot could change before March, in either direction.

Steveson 7-4 over Hemida. Not an upset obviously but closer than I expected. Didn’t Snacks beat Hemida at an open earlier this year?

Reactions: Dogwelder
1 Penn State 115
2 Ohio State 82
3 OK State 74.5
T4 Michigan 67.5
T4 Iowa 67.5
6 Nebraska 45.5

That doesn't include bonus points, which probably favors Iowa due to Spencer Lee. And a lot could change before March, in either direction.
Nice touch, putting the T4s in alphabetical order.

1 Penn State 115
2 Ohio State 82
3 OK State 74.5
T4 Michigan 67.5
T4 Iowa 67.5
6 Nebraska 45.5

Don't forget to factor in Desanto's penalty points as well!

Steveson 7-4 over Hemida. Not an upset obviously but closer than I expected. Didn’t Snacks beat Hemida at an open earlier this year?
This is the thing I don’t get with Gable. He doesn’t seem interested in bonus points. It’s weird, with his gifts.

Last edited:
Weigel and Rodgers back just made a 5th place Iowa finish a distinct possibility. Ouchie.

And punts tOSU to 3rd. I'm having trouble making the points maff work for the Bucks to outscore the Pokes.

I mean, OkSt can't possibly fizzle this year as much as they did last, right? Swapping #1 studs from Heil to Fix by itself precludes that, no?

Gfeller almost practically = Lewallen.
Rodgers could lose early again, but he could also very probably crush the consis again. He's hard to shut all the way out.
Joe Smith the same: pretty unlikely to underplace his seed.
Geer is solid, and 197 is weeeaaaak.
Picc & White are near locks for Top-4 bookends, right?

Reactions: tikk10
This is the thing I don’t get with Gable. He doesn’t seem interested in bonus points. It’s weird, with his gifts.

Picked the wrong school for his talents. Minny will turn him into Tony Nelson II by the time they are done with him. ;)

Reactions: Afw6006
I mean why? I get the rivalry but the dude has had at least three knee surgeries during his college career. Clearly a shell of himself gutting it out in his final year. Total warrior, despite taking matches off...

But has he ever done anything but stall, even before the knee issues?

Reactions: Lyons212
Yes. They wrestled at the Roadrunner Open in November and Hemida won by fall. But more recently, Seth beat Hemida 9-7 at the F&M Open on 1/5.
Hemida pinned Seth in November of ‘17 when he was a Senior in high school.

Hemida pinned Seth in November of ‘17 when he was a Senior in high school.

You are correct. Thanks. I was misreading the WrestleStat table, which lists the match as under the 2018 season, which means the 2017-2018 season.

Reactions: Tjsch1
The hate is overcoming some of you and it shows in some of these terrible takes. Iowa isn’t finishing outside the top 4 barring a major injury. I will take any bet on that.

Stoll may deserve some hate for his antics but when he is healthy he is far from a staller.
Nevermind the fact that he won the Gorriaran award last year at NCAAs or that his bonus rate last year was 12% higher than Nevills.

RBY won without a takedown this week too...
RBY has shown an aggressive offensive style for the most part. This weekend was different, with him coming off a knee injury, on the road, against a top ranked guy. Whereas Stoll has a long-term pattern of offensively lacking, to be kind.

The hate is overcoming some of you and it shows in some of these terrible takes. Iowa isn’t finishing outside the top 4 barring a major injury. I will take any bet on that.

Stoll may deserve some hate for his antics but when he is healthy he is far from a staller.
Nevermind the fact that he won the Gorriaran award last year at NCAAs or that his bonus rate last year was 12% higher than Nevills.

Worse than watching paint dry. You guys must be THRILLED to have Cass coming in. I know I would be.

Iowa isn’t finishing outside the top 4 barring a major injury. I will take any bet on that.

I agree. Michigan would have to wrestle out of their damn minds to outpoint the Hawks.

More interesting question, to me: can the Hawks wrestle enough out of their own damn minds, to outpoint brutus for third?

(b/c I'm not accepting any arguments against OkSt finishing 2nd at this point)

I agree. Michigan would have to wrestle out of their damn minds to outpoint the Hawks.

More interesting question, to me: can the Hawks wrestle enough out of their own damn minds, to outpoint brutus for third?

(b/c I'm not accepting any arguments against OkSt finishing 2nd at this point)

I’m not bought in on this Ok State hype train yet. We will find out more in a couple weeks.

As for tOSU, they are a 3 person show with Martin, Moore and McKenna. Unfortunately for them Moore and McKenna have two potential GOATs in their weight classes.

Micah is a solid AA type but he is prone to upsets because of the glaring hole in his game. Guys like that have a tough time come tournament time. Pletcher is solid but he lacks scoring ability and I don’t think anyone would be shocked to see him bow out in the r12 given the depth at 133. Other than that, I think they will be hard pressed to add another AA with the other 5 spots. So to answer your question, tOSU is #LightWork ;)

Reactions: jtothemfp
I’m not bought in on this Ok State hype train yet. We will find out more in a couple weeks.

As for tOSU, they are a 3 person show with Martin, Moore and McKenna. Unfortunately for them Moore and McKenna have two potential GOATs in their weight classes.

Micah is a solid AA type but he is prone to upsets because of the glaring hole in his game. Guys like that have a tough time come tournament time. Pletcher is solid but he lacks scoring ability and I don’t think anyone would be shocked to see him bow out in the r12 given the depth at 133. Other than that, I think they will be hard pressed to add another AA with the other 5 spots. So to answer your question, tOSU is #LightWork ;)
Everybody wrestling for 2 thru 5 have holes. Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Michigan and Iowa all have the possibility of finishing second as well as fifth. It will depend on who wrestles a strong tournament.

Iowa has Lee, DeSanto, Marinelli and Warner as highly likely AAs, Stoll would be included, but that knee and the Nebraska kid riding the snot out of him make him possible AA.
Lee is Lee, DeSanto isn't getting to the finals so how he responds to losing is still an unknown, Marinelli should be in the finals, but last year and Warner is an obvious talent that to me looks underdeveloped to this point, so 3rd to way underperforming.
A strong tournament from Murin and Lugo means they need to wrestle above R16-R12 level and Young and Cash need to wrestle period.
The Hawks could have a couple finalists and 5 other AAs which allows them to challenge for 2nd or 3rd. They are just as likely to 2 finalists with 2 additional AAs which means they are competing with Missouri for 5th.

Everybody wrestling for 2 thru 5 have holes. Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Michigan and Iowa all have the possibility of finishing second as well as fifth. It will depend on who wrestles a strong tournament.

Iowa has Lee, DeSanto, Marinelli and Warner as highly likely AAs, Stoll would be included, but that knee and the Nebraska kid riding the snot out of him make him possible AA.
Lee is Lee, DeSanto isn't getting to the finals so how he responds to losing is still an unknown, Marinelli should be in the finals, but last year and Warner is an obvious talent that to me looks underdeveloped to this point, so 3rd to way underperforming.
A strong tournament from Murin and Lugo means they need to wrestle above R16-R12 level and Young and Cash need to wrestle period.
The Hawks could have a couple finalists and 5 other AAs which allows them to challenge for 2nd or 3rd. They are just as likely to 2 finalists with 2 additional AAs which means they are competing with Missouri for 5th.

Wait, wait, wait. Mizzou over Michigan for 5th, now?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT