ADVERTISEMENT

Impact of Purdue losing to Wisconsin

itsofficial101

Oct 11, 2017
Thoughts?

I haven't seen Penn St look as good as we did last night against the Buckeyes. That game should give us some major confidence heading into the matchup with Purdue. We have in general been on a run since Reeves returned and the last 2 we were actually dominant.

Purdue on the other hand has a couple of recent losses including the major upset by Wisconsin. Does this work completely in our favor since they are showing signs of slumping? Or do they show up knowing now that they need to bring their game even against Wisconsin?

I'm trying to determine if catching Purdue at this point is to our advantage and thinking that maybe it is.

Thoughts?

I haven't seen Penn St look as good as we did last night against the Buckeyes. That game should give us some major confidence heading into the matchup with Purdue. We have in general been on a run since Reeves returned and the last 2 we were actually dominant.

Purdue on the other hand has a couple of recent losses including the major upset by Wisconsin. Does this work completely in our favor since they are showing signs of slumping? Or do they show up knowing now that they need to bring their game even against Wisconsin?

I'm trying to determine if catching Purdue at this point is to our advantage and thinking that maybe it is.

You could've argued that Purdue lost 2 in a row (to the top 2 teams in the league mind you) and figured it's time to show up and right the ship against a team that was 11-16. Then they lost again and couldn't even score 60. Honestly it probably is an advantage since now we know a) Purdue can be beaten at home and b) you don't have to be a ranked team to beat them.

The odds arent stacked in PSU's favor with 3 straight losses for Purdue coming into the matchup on Sunday, especially being an away game. Hopefully last night gave the team a much needed boost and we continue the winning streak.

WE ARE!

As a neutral observer, Penn State is much more athletic than Purdue. If the defense can keep the Edwards boys from getting warm and play physical with their two 7-foot stiffs, they can certainly beat them. Purdue teams under Painter have never been known as tough-minded and these last 3 games have shown that. Hell, they almost started their losing streak with a loss to Rutgers. The trends of both teams are going in opposite directions and it’s high time PSU closes out a game on the road (buzzer beater at OSU not considered).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT