ADVERTISEMENT

IMO, Stroud is better in the NFL than he was at OSU, . . .

and he was great at OSU. He’s a franchise changing player.
He's been great but we'll seen other QBs start fast and fade. I'd take him over a bunch of guys (Herbert, Hurts for example) that are hyped but i still want to see him do it again next year before i put him in the "franchise changing group"

and he was great at OSU. He’s a franchise changing player.
Next year their schedule should be tougher and their draft order lower. Small change, but it makes things more difficult. Stroud is definitely the best QB to come out of the OSU in the last 15 years.

Next year their schedule should be tougher and their draft order lower. Small change, but it makes things more difficult. Stroud is definitely the best QB to come out of the OSU in the last 15 years.
Don't they have Cleveland's first?
I mean, giving up their first for Will Anderson was worth it. Especially now that it's in the bottom 4th of the first

He's been great but we'll seen other QBs start fast and fade. I'd take him over a bunch of guys (Herbert, Hurts for example) that are hyped but i still want to see him do it again next year before i put him in the "franchise changing group"
Somehow the NFL has got to get rid of him. Every time they interview him, he's talking about his relationship with Jesus Christ. We can't be allowing this stuff in public. Before you know it , he'll be putting Bible verses on his shoes and all kinds of radical things!

Reactions: dailybuck777
Stroud is definitely the best QB to come out of the OSU in the last 15 years.
I think Justin Fields can have a lot of success if they used him more as a runner and more like Lamar Jackson has been used. He is a very good passer with time, but doesn't have a quick release. He is a ridiculously good runner and I think he is as talented as Jalen Hurts.

I think Justin Fields can have a lot of success if they used him more as a runner and more like Lamar Jackson has been used. He is a very good passer with time, but doesn't have a quick release. He is a ridiculously good runner and I think he is as talented as Jalen Hurts.
Fields needs to get out of Chicago. Nobody will succeed there. He just doesn't have much talent around him to turn into a legit NFL QB.

Fields needs to get out of Chicago. Nobody will succeed there. He just doesn't have much talent around him to turn into a legit NFL QB.
There's a team in Western PA that is going to need a legitimate starting NFL qb in 2024, especially after the qb who started the last three regular season games in 2023 and the playoff game leaves via free agency.

There's a team in Western PA that is going to need a legitimate starting NFL qb in 2024, especially after the qb who started the last three regular season games in 2023 and the playoff game leaves via free agency.
Fields isn't the answer. It's Cousins or bust

Reactions: pennstatepelly
First OSU Super Star QuarterBack to do well in the NFL. Had a long line of flops.
I think a big part of that was the style of offense that OSU has had throughout the years. If you look at Urban, Tressel and a few others before them, they always featured read-option type QBs -----JT Barrett, Braxton Miller, Terrelle Pryor ....etc. Ryan Day is their 1st pro-style QB head coach - I believe he was a QB assistant coach in the NFL

The same could be said for many of the powerful Oklahoma and Nebraska teams of the last century.......almost all were read-option, running QBs. Not really suited for the NFL but were outstanding college QBs. Some of those Oklahoma read-option offenses in the 70s and 80s were deadly but their QBs just weren't NFL material. I believe the OK offense back then was called the wishbone attack

Last edited:
So far it looks like I was wrong about Stroud. But like someone else noted, with time the NFL teams are great at coming up with defensive strategies that are created to confuse specific young QB's. Oftentimes QBs flash in year one then fade or fall flat thereafter.

If Stroud is able to maintain his level in year two, after teams in his division take time to look for tendencies and possible weaknesses, then he's probably going to be a good one long term. If they find that weakness and he cannot adapt or work through it, he could still fail.
It doesn't look like it from what we've seen so far.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
I think a big part of that was the style of offense that OSU has had throughout the years. If you look at Urban, Tressel and a few others before them, they always featured read-option type QBs -----JT Barrett, Braxton Miller, Terrelle Pryor ....etc. Ryan Day is their 1st pro-style QB head coach - I believe he was a QB assistant coach in the NFL

The same could be said for many of the powerful Oklahoma and Nebraska teams of the last century.......almost all were read-option, running QBs. Not really suited for the NFL but were outstanding college QBs. Some of those Oklahoma read-option offenses in the 70s and 80s were deadly but their QBs just weren't NFL material. I believe the OK offense back then was called the wishbone attack
Day was also Joe Burrow's coach for his 3 years at Ohio State. Burrowhas been appreciative of the help he received from Ryan Day saying that day helped him with his footwork.

Last edited:
Accurate passer, very good arm strength, sees the field well, pocket patience with the ability to extend plays. Good attributes for a NFL QB.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT