ADVERTISEMENT

If your Sandy Barbour. What do you do??

PennStateNate

Feb 2, 2014
Do you force changes at seasons end if we don’t improve?? No reason for us to look that bad vs Pitt. She can’t be happy.

The announced attendance was 108k, the team is 3-0, and they ended the “rivalry” with a win. Sandy is doing just fine.

Yeah, all of that is the result of Sandy's great work...and I'm the king of Sweden.

Yeah, all of that is the result of Sandy's great work...and I'm the king of Sweden.
I meant Sandy is doing just fine as in she’s feeling ok about the program. Not that her work is the reason for the success.

Do you force changes at seasons end if we don’t improve?? No reason for us to look that bad vs Pitt. She can’t be happy.
Sandy’s is sitting on her packages, one financial and one ....phys (tis best I not complete that word). She’s not going to do squat to encourage or force any changes.

Last edited:
Sandy Barbour is not going to do anything because the program is competitive, the stadium is full, and there are no athletic or academic issues with respect to the program. If Coach Franklin wants to be an "elite" program, then he will do something. As I posted in another thread, I am predicting that Rahne will be gone at the end of this season. The defensive line is solid, but the passing defense is swiss cheese.

Sandy knows that PSU has 6 sophs on offense, 2 freshmen, 2 juniors, 1 senior, and just about everyone off the bench is a sophomore. She also knows PSU has a first year starting quarterback against his first P5 opponent and is 3-0. She probably thinks that they will be fine.

Reactions: OhioLion and Nitwit
This team will probably win 9 or 10 games. She isn't going to do anything. Franklin is the one who needs to decide whether to fire Rahne, or not.

Her next big decision is whether to fire and replace the men's basketball coach in 2020. She plans to retire in 2023 and will probably get to retirement without replacing a football coach.

Well, if it's any consolation...
1. Idaho is beating Wyomissing 3-0 in the 1st
2. MSU's band uniforms look like Salvation Army hand-me-downs.

00670535670100.png

Reactions: JJTopp99
The very notion of Sandy Barbour doing anything that would in any way infringe on Franklin’s turf is guffaw inducing. That would never happen, even if (God forbid) the team started losing.

We can do better than CJF, but as far as Sandy is concerned, "8-4, the Outback Bowl, and lots of $ falling off of the money tree" is perfectly fine.

Eff Sandy. I'd like to see her try to step in. It would be a beatdown of epic proportions. She's outta her league

If I'm Sandy Barbour what I do is send a thank you letter to Heather Lyke for hiring Narduzzi. The field goal decision was the dumbest decision ever made by a coach on a football field.

Do you EVER get tired of defending the status quo? You are every bit as bad as the 'Fire Franklin' idiots.
Not when I’m defending it against dumb ass ideas and comments. Anyone that wants to fire Franklin at this point is a dumb ass...plain and simple. The program needs tweaked not overhauled...some posters on here need to get some perspective.

You missed the “would be better than Franklin” part of my post obviously. (Drop mic)

So, you believe there's no option that "would be better"? None.
You probably wouldn't have wanted Lincoln Riley before he took over at Oklahoma either. Sometimes you have to gamble to be elite. Can Franklin get us to the level of Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma and Ohio State? If not, he has to go. If you believe he can he needs to start to show it.

I'm not on board with firing him at this point but he needs to make changes this off-season and win next year. And when I say win I mean Big Ten title and make the playoff.

You missed the “would be better than Franklin” part of my post obviously. (Drop mic)

Rhule is a very good coach. I know it's Temple & Baylor - but anyone who is paying attention is seeing this.

Rhule's probably going to be smart enough to tell Rutgers "no" when they come calling. Hopefully, he doesn't end up at Maryland in a couple years when Locksley inevitably flames out (that was a DUMB hire by UMD).

So, you believe there's no option that "would be better"? None.
You probably wouldn't have wanted Lincoln Riley before he took over at Oklahoma either. Sometimes you have to gamble to be elite. Can Franklin get us to the level of Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma and Ohio State? If not, he has to go. If you believe he can he needs to start to show it.

I'm not on board with firing him at this point but he needs to make changes this off-season and win next year. And when I say win I mean Big Ten title and make the playoff.

Riley, like Franklin when he was hired from Vanderbilt, was a calculated risk. Problem when calculated risks are taken is that a lot of toads get kissed before Prince Charming is revealed.

Virginia Tech, Stanford, Maryland, Tennessee, Miami... PSU is 3-0 so can't imagine that she is that unhappy with on-field product and the program is filling up the coffers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT