ADVERTISEMENT

If PSU has to play Liberty…

I agree he has struggled in some Big games. My issue is that the JF haters would fire him now (after building a top 10 program ) and hire who? I don’t see that viable (per availability and of sufficient character) candidate that’s a slam dunk to improve on what we have. I see extreme risk that we would go backwards with 99.9% of the candidates out there. There was a juvenile braindead message thread last month about hiring Schiano. Most of the Rutgers fans would fire Schiano today if they could! But not some of our JF haters.
But to many of them Schiano was on Joe’s staff, and that makes him the best candidate despite his 82W 86L career record. Not counting Tampa Bay where the players actually played a large in having him fired. Did I mention that he was on Joe’s staff?

Reactions: LMTLION
Just because a few people take it upon themselves to cheat doesn’t mean everyone else is complicit. If that’s the case then all Americans are complicit because of FJB’s colossal failures.
Yes it does. Just stop. Cheated the sport period.

Reactions: Yanks49
You don’t know warriors code. Warriors fight for one another against all odds. They don’t fight for the system.
Yes I do. You don’t cheat the game. As a coach with a ton of wins, know way I would be part of something like that. Disgrace.

I said it last night. Whomever draws Liberty ought to run up the score to let the BSC know they have it all wrong.
So many posters on here argue that a real college playoff has to include G5 teams, yet when someone gets them in a bowl game, it’s a slap in the face. This is exactly why there should be exactly 0 G5 teams in a college football playoff. There should be 4 teams, the winner of each P5 (now P4) conference…no subjectivity, no committee, and no one crying because they got stuck with a G5 opponent.

So many posters on here argue that a real college playoff has to include G5 teams, yet when someone gets them in a bowl game, it’s a slap in the face. This is exactly why there should be exactly 0 G5 teams in a college football playoff. There should be 4 teams, the winner of each P5 (now P4) conference…no subjectivity, no committee, and no one crying because they got stuck with a G5 opponent.

#12 Oklahoma is the team that took this hit for #23 Liberty to get a NY6 bowl game. I didn't see where OK landed, but I hope they got a decent matchup.

Next year the controversy will be around where each team is seeded.... It wouldn't be college football without a little controversy.

I agree wholeheartedly. If we can’t make the playoff, I’d at least like to see how we’d do against competition that could have easily been there this year.
Fair to say that we did. Twice. The offense was completely overmatched.

The CFP pickers are a joke and I dont care about "P5" unbeaten. Liberty should be in a Cheez-it or Pop Tart bowl, not the Fiesta. What a horrific matchup. I hope that Oregon destroys them.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
#12 Oklahoma is the team that took this hit for #23 Liberty to get a NY6 bowl game. I didn't see where OK landed, but I hope they got a decent matchup.

Next year the controversy will be around where each team is seeded.... It wouldn't be college football without a little controversy.
But if they implemented a real playoff system, there’d be no controversy.

Reactions: shifix
Why would the SEC or Big Ten ever agree to 1 team with the ACC and Big XII. Thankfully their leaders aren't that stupid. This is all people trying to save the bowls. Let it go.

I agree he has struggled in some Big games. My issue is that the JF haters would fire him now (after building a top 10 program ) and hire who? I don’t see that viable (per availability and of sufficient character) candidate that’s a slam dunk to improve on what we have. I see extreme risk that we would go backwards with 99.9% of the candidates out there. There was a juvenile braindead message thread last month about hiring Schiano. Most of the Rutgers fans would fire Schiano today if they could! But not some of our JF haters.
there are no slam dunk hires to improve on what Franklin has done. you need to find someone who would maintain the status quo without skipping a beat and just make the incremental improvements to get over the hump vs Ohio State and Michigan (literally, scoring 10 more points against them). making a coaching change that takes things backwards would be supremely idiotic. some seem to want to take that chance, though. every year there is a new set of names of sought-after coaches... and the majority of them are forgotten four years later.

it seems obvious to me that the right move was changing the offensive coordinator, and not the entire program, because that is really the only big problem that needs to get fixed. seems to me like psu and franklin are doing the right thing

The CFP pickers are a joke and I dont care about "P5" unbeaten. Liberty should be in a Cheez-it or Pop Tart bowl, not the Fiesta. What a horrific matchup. I hope that Oregon destroys them.
You might not, but 100% they did that to keep the anti-trust goings on at bay.

there are no slam dunk hires to improve on what Franklin has done. you need to find someone who would maintain the status quo without skipping a beat and just make the incremental improvements to get over the hump vs Ohio State and Michigan (literally, scoring 10 more points against them). making a coaching change that takes things backwards would be supremely idiotic. some seem to want to take that chance, though. every year there is a new set of names of sought-after coaches... and the majority of them are forgotten four years later.

it seems obvious to me that the right move was changing the offensive coordinator, and not the entire program, because that is really the only big problem that needs to get fixed. seems to me like psu and franklin are doing the right thing
I agree with you,but I also have no doubt in a few more years it won’t be the OC being changed. The cultural philosophy lacks a “championship pedigree”. An OC will not bring that variable. That’s at the top.

I agree with you,but I also have no doubt in a few more years it won’t be the OC being changed. The cultural philosophy lacks a “championship pedigree”. An OC will not bring that variable. That’s at the top.
I don't know, it seems awfully close to me. lost to the #1 cfp team Michigan by 9 pts and Ohio State by 8 pts. won every other game pretty easily. did the same thing to iowa that michigan did last night. i am not sure we are lacking very much and it really is the offense at this point. now, whether the problem on offense is the oc or jf, I don't know

I'm not a JF hater but there's not much question that he struggles in big games.

Actually I think a lot of coaches could do as well on game day as Franklin, Harbaugh, Day, Smart, Saban, etc. But if you don't have the reputation and contacts it's difficult to attract recruits. I think that's just as important as the Xs and Os.
Other coaches actually laugh at Franklin’s in-game coaching.

I don't know, it seems awfully close to me. lost to the #1 cfp team Michigan by 9 pts and Ohio State by 8 pts. won every other game pretty easily. did the same thing to iowa that michigan did last night. i am not sure we are lacking very much and it really is the offense at this point. now, whether the problem on offense is the oc or jf, I don't know
It’s been this way for 6-7 years now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT