ADVERTISEMENT

If PSU has to play Liberty…

NittanyLionRoar

May 17, 2011
We should sit all of our starters and projected starters for next year. Start spring practice early and see which young guys are making a step forward.

The game would be a meaningless scrimmage.

Reactions: Springcity
We should sit all of our starters and projected starters for next year. Start spring practice early and see which young guys are making a step forward.

Why do we always get these BS J6 bowl games against competition that overinflates our projection for the upcoming year? This kind of nonsense is what keeps JF around. I wish we’d play UGA or OSU or Oregon and see what we really are all about.

• Haha
Reactions: JoeParulz
Why do we always get these BS J6 bowl games against competition that overinflates our projection for the upcoming year? This kind of nonsense is what keeps JF around. I wish we’d play UGA or OSU or Oregon and see what we really are all about.
I agree wholeheartedly. If we can’t make the playoff, I’d at least like to see how we’d do against competition that could have easily been there this year.

Reactions: dswartz and hoflane

I said it last night. Whomever draws Liberty ought to run up the score to let the BSC know they have it all wrong.

The team went 10-2 and earned a top tier bowl game and you’re gonna tell half the team not to play?

Give me one example of an hc that would be more successful? You JF haters cannot provide viable candidates.
There’s lots of them…Kirby smart, Nick Saban, Dani Swinbey, Ryan Day, Jim Harbaugh, Urban Meyer…

• Haha
Reactions: SLUPSU
The team went 10-2 and earned a top tier bowl game and you’re gonna tell half the team not to play?
You think the players want to play against Liberty or SMU? They need to protect their NIL and future draft stock, they can’t put it at risk against a team our practice squad could beat.

There’s lots of them…Kirby smart, Nick Saban, Dani Swinbey, Ryan Day, Jim Harbaugh, Urban Meyer…
That list is an effing joke. There are no viable candidates, and there are characters on there that PSU would never hire for character reasons like Harbaugh or Meyer.

Have we tried?
You have no viable characters on that list that have any possibility of coming to PSU because they’re either near the back end of the career, or firmly entrenched where they are, or are character issues. You merely listed the coaches that are earning them most success over the last several years (and one that had to cheat his way into success), and your list lacks viable coaches (with perhaps the exception of Day if OSU cans him) that have any possibility to land at PSU now, or in the future.

You have no viable characters on that list that have any possibility of coming to PSU because they’re either near the back end of the career, or firmly entrenched where they are, or are character issues. You merely listed the coaches that are earning them most success over the last several years (and one that had to cheat his way into success), and your list lacks viable coaches (with perhaps the exception of Day if OSU cans him) that have any possibility to land at PSU now, or in the future.
Nothing ventured nothing gained.

lol at character issues

Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Bullshit. That is a childlike rationale. Your list has nobody viable. I’ve had it with the bullshit from some of the JF haters that lack any understanding of the college football landscape. Under Franklin this is a top 10 program on the cusp of being elite. Let me guess, you would hire Schiano here as well?

We beat the pac-12 champ last year and were predicted to lose by most pundits.

You simply asked me to name coaches that had done better than JF. I kindly replied with a list of said coaches. I answered according to your question.

If that’s not the question you intended to ask, then ask a better question.

You simply asked me to name coaches that had done better than JF. I kindly replied with a list of said coaches. I answered according to your question.

If that’s not the question you intended to ask, then ask a better question.
My original message indicated that the JF haters cannot provide viable candidates for the job. You proved that point. Hell, on that list you have Harbaugh. He only earned success after he started cheating. Is that what you want at PSU?

My original message indicated that the JF haters cannot provide viable candidates for the job. You proved that point. Hell, on that list you have Harbaugh. He only earned success after he started cheating. Is that what you want at PSU?
Prove he had knowledge of the cheating? You, and most JF supporters, have no idea how to think or ask specific questions it seems. You’d rather, cover your tracks on the back end. Seems familiar doesn’t it?

Prove he had knowledge of the cheating? You, and most JF supporters, have no idea how to think or ask specific questions it seems. You’d rather, cover your tracks on the back end. Seems familiar doesn’t it?
It’s not just the cheating, but it’s also the violations during the Covid period. This guy is not clean by any stretch of the imagination. Whether he had knowledge of cheating is completely inconsequential. He only earned success when his offense and defense knew every play coming to him. He’s going to get spanked by Alabama! This guy is a historic chump when it comes to bowl games. He loses most of them.

Give me one example of an hc that would be more successful? You JF haters cannot provide viable candidates.
I'm not a JF hater but there's not much question that he struggles in big games.

Actually I think a lot of coaches could do as well on game day as Franklin, Harbaugh, Day, Smart, Saban, etc. But if you don't have the reputation and contacts it's difficult to attract recruits. I think that's just as important as the Xs and Os.

What does it matter if he knew? Michigan cheated the sport of football. I don’t care how many do it. Michigan broke a basic warriors code. I know I am old school, but every win in this stretch is tainted. If PSU had done that, I would want admin to clean house.

Yeah right, and then you and many others would be screaming for Franklins head if he lost the game. Meaningless scrimmage or not.

Reactions: bison13
What does it matter if he knew? Michigan cheated the sport of football. I don’t care how many do it. Michigan broke a basic warriors code. I know I am old school, but every win in this stretch is tainted. If PSU had done that, I would want admin to clean house.
Just because a few people take it upon themselves to cheat doesn’t mean everyone else is complicit. If that’s the case then all Americans are complicit because of FJB’s colossal failures.

Reactions: Obliviax
Yeah right, and then you and many others would be screaming for Franklins head if he lost the game. Meaningless scrimmage or not.
I personally don’t care about any bowl that’s not a playoff anymore. It’s just an injury risk at this point.

So the program is dirty. Ok. That is true. Glad we both agree. Four coaching suspensions this year alone

Reactions: bison13
You don’t know warriors code. Warriors fight for one another against all odds. They don’t fight for the system.

I'm not a JF hater but there's not much question that he struggles in big games.

Actually I think a lot of coaches could do as well on game day as Franklin, Harbaugh, Day, Smart, Saban, etc. But if you don't have the reputation and contacts it's difficult to attract recruits. I think that's just as important as the Xs and Os.
I agree he has struggled in some Big games. My issue is that the JF haters would fire him now (after building a top 10 program ) and hire who? I don’t see that viable (per availability and of sufficient character) candidate that’s a slam dunk to improve on what we have. I see extreme risk that we would go backwards with 99.9% of the candidates out there. There was a juvenile braindead message thread last month about hiring Schiano. Most of the Rutgers fans would fire Schiano today if they could! But not some of our JF haters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT