ADVERTISEMENT

If Clemson destroys OSU again ...

DelcoNLion

May 2, 2005
What does that say about where PSU and the conference is? OSU went undefeated by double digits and it’s easy to chalk our losses up as OSU “being one of greatest teams ever” but what if not? Are we the baddies then?

I would not be shocked to see them lose to Clemson or LSU. Oklahoma not so much.

What does that say about where PSU and the conference is? OSU went undefeated by double digits and it’s easy to chalk our losses up as OSU “being one of greatest teams ever” but what if not? Are we the baddies then?

You and @butchnitt need to take a break from posting these "what if/don't be surprised" threads.

You think Clemson is beating OSU? Based on what? Who has Clemson played or beaten this year?
I said IF. I think this OSU team is better than ‘16 when they got trounced and Clemson isn’t as good, even though that team did lose to Pitt at home.

You think Clemson is beating OSU? Based on what? Who has Clemson played or beaten this year?

This who have they beaten stuff is bs. when was the last time they lost a game? They win when they play, that’s what matters. Nobody wants to lay them. Why? That smirking faced quarterback of theirs is damn good. There receivers play as good as anyones. Their TB is excellent. They have a great OL. Their defense is full of premium athletes. They are the defending champs.

can they beat tOSU? Yes. That does not mean they will. It is just dumb to think otherwise.

You and @butchnitt need to take a break from posting these "what if" threads.
I do think it’s relevant. The last month has been a theme that PSU is almost there and absent OSU being one of best teams ever we’d have won and be in the playoff. If the premise is wrong then how close are we really? OSU winning the NC or losing close means we are really close, if not though then what?

This who have they beaten stuff is bs. when was the last time they lost a game? They win when they play, that’s what matters. Nobody wants to lay them. Why? That smirking faced quarterback of theirs is damn good. There receivers play as good as anyones. Their TB is excellent. They have a great OL. Their defense is full of premium athletes. They are the defending champs.

can they beat tOSU? Yes. That does not mean they will. It is just dumb to think otherwise.
If QB Fabio gets hurt, OSU wins for sure.

FIRE. FRANKLIN. :eek:

I do think it’s relevant. The last month has been a theme that PSU is almost there and absent OSU being one of best teams ever we’d have won and be in the playoff. If the premise is wrong then how close are we really? OSU winning the NC or losing close means we are really close, if not though then what?

Our program has gone sideways since the B1G championship 3 years ago. No playoffs. 4-5 record vs our primary foes in the B1G East. 1-2 in bowl games, for what that’s worth. We are no closer or further away than we were at this time in 2016.

please don’t ask logical questions. There is no room for it here if not pro-PSU all the time. This is a Penn State forum but don’t get confused by the word forum as there is only one viewpoint accepted.

You are probably both dying to tell us and hoping it happens. Are we the baddies then?
Of course I want OSU to lose. Their players are too annoying, they do a little skit after every good play. It also hurts us in recruiting even further if they do well.

Reactions: psuno1
What is B1? And yes I know a few of you would rather see PSU lose than win just so you can post “see I told you so” and that is not keeping us it real that is just being a jagoff.
I’ve gleaned that from some posters but I want PSU to win. But if OSU can’t stay on the field against nc caliber teams, that says something. We tell ourselves the B10 is great and OSU is great, but last 2 trips to playoff the B10 has failed to even score in 8 quarters.

Reactions: ftlpsu and JJTopp99
Our program has gone sideways since the B1G championship 3 years ago. No playoffs. 4-5 record vs our primary foes in the B1G East. 1-2 in bowl games, for what that’s worth. We are no closer or further away than we were at this time in 2016.
Saban and Alabama have gone sideways too! No...actually they've stepped back!

Fire Saban!

please don’t ask logical questions. There is no room for it here if not pro-PSU all the time. This is a Penn State forum but don’t get confused by the word forum as there is only one viewpoint accepted.
Why do you think that is? Maybe because it’s getting harder to tell the PSU “fans” from the Pitt trolls.

Saban and Alabama have gone sideways too! No...actually they've stepped back!

Fire Saban!

No, he has a resume of national championships and playoff wins. He has earned forgiveness for One sideways or down year. Coaches that have no playoff appearances have not yet earned that.

Reactions: ftlpsu
please don’t ask logical questions. There is no room for it here if not pro-PSU all the time. This is a Penn State forum but don’t get confused by the word forum as there is only one viewpoint accepted.[/QUOTE
Logical? Loaded hypothetical?

No, he has a resume of national championships and playoff wins. He has earned forgiveness for One sideways or down year. Coaches that have no playoff appearances have not yet earned that.
Wow, then a lot of coaches should be fired.

Reactions: m48tank
OSU is great but not amazing, and it was evident vs. both PSU and Wisconsin. Actually you could see it in some other games as well, if you watched closely.

OSU has had far better teams than this one.

I think Clemson will easily defeat them

Reactions: Terps1ACC2
OSU is great but not amazing, and it was evident vs. both PSU and Wisconsin. Actually you could see it in some other games as well, if you watched closely.

OSU has had far better teams than this one.

I think Clemson will easily defeat them
Hope for a one point Clemson win then winning NC big. That tells us we are 2-3 players away.

And you think it doesn’t matter that they get in because they play nobody during the regular season, especially this year? You think that they would be undefeated over the last 28 games if they played in the Big Ten East? Get serious. Their last loss was to “mighty” Syracuse. They also were a 2 point conversion away this year from losing to UNC. This no one wants to play Clemson in the playoffs is the real BS.

Ohio State is going to be much better after their players heal up from the long season. Fields took a lot of shots, he was not healthy vs Wisky. They will be very competitive with a good chance to win the championship. No need to wish them bad luck.

Last edited:
This no one wants to play Clemson in the playoffs is the real BS.

You understand you are in a small minority nationally with that opinion?
True, they have an easy path to the playoffs, but they play well when the get there, and they win impressively more often than not. Others know that.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
You understand you are in a small minority nationally with that opinion?
True, they have an easy path to the playoffs, but they play well when the get there, and they win impressively more often than not. Others know that.

Don’t care if I am in the minority or not. Clemson hasn’t beaten a good team all year. Unlike apparently you and the majority, I am less impressed with impressive wins over overmatched opponents than I am with wins over good teams. Clemson may win again, but the notion that teams like OSU and LSU don’t want to play them is, like I said before, media BS.

When you have probably six layup wins and only four or five real toss ups on your schedule, 10 wins is not all that much to expect. It means you were 3-2 or 4-2 in games that mattered.

Unlike Clemson who had 12 layup wins; they’re great right?

Waste of time to discuss this. Play the game then discuss.

Reactions: BBrown and m48tank

And, of course, they have a coach who’s been in and won these big games several times in recent years. Tosu’s coach has not.

Clemson is definitely fresher.

Hope Oklahoma wins the whole thing. Meh.

And you think it doesn’t matter that they get in because they play nobody during the regular season, especially this year? You think that they would be undefeated over the last 28 games if they played in the Big Ten East? Get serious. Their last loss was to “mighty” Syracuse. They also were a 2 point conversion away this year from losing to UNC. This no one wants to play Clemson in the playoffs is the real BS.

Seems so very similar to PSU’s 31 game undefeated streak that extended over parts of four seasons (1967-1970). They never “beat anybody”, they had a couple close calls, so they couldn’t have been any good.....

(NOTE: MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF SARCASM!)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT