ADVERTISEMENT

Ideas for numbering an inflatable fishing vessel. Paint? Marker?

SEPATOPTEN

Aug 21, 2010
Any ideas on what would be a better option for putting Pennslyvania boat registration numbers on an inflatable. I have two well made Sea Eagle inflatable boats that are registered and I must number them. I am working on a stencil with 3 inch lettering and my question would be is there a paint I can use that would not be affected by the frequency of inflation and then deflation when done fishing? I have seen guys use a Permanent black marker and am wondering if that is a better option.

I'd guess marker is probably best and you could refresh as needed. One thing that I did with my old fiberglass canoe was use Tractor Supply tractor paint on the bottom to cover up blemishes and improve the overall look. Stuff sticks to anything and is tough as nails....not sure if better than Sharpie. Good Luck

Stencil it on with a permanent marker. It might not be permanent but it is easy and easy enough to fix if it does not work.

I know some products that are flexible(waterproofing/ crack membrane materials). I am not a chemist but the thing I would worry about is it seems like some petroleum products will actually eat through or disolve some plastics and rubbers.

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT