ADVERTISEMENT

I have a few Delaware River fishing and boating questions.

SEPATOPTEN

Aug 21, 2010
#1. I have a Sea Eagle Fish Pack 7 foot inflatable boat. Can somebody tell me what is required by the State for me to have on board fishing in the Delaware river other than a life Jacket for myself this time of year.
#2. If I launch off the bank and not a State launch site I am thinking I would not need the launch permit. Am I correct?
#3. Are lead ball jigs 1/8,3/16 & 0r 1/4 ounce allowed to be used in the Tidal Delaware by the Trenton bridge? I know lead is a no no in many states.
Thanks in advance guys and gals.

• Haha
Reactions: PSU2ndAND6
First question? Are you mounting an engine on it, and if so what HP

regardless of boat size and legal requirements, I would suggest at least flares and an air horn. Easily available at Wallymart and to be got for under $15 total. While you are at it, through in a 15ft line and some sort of flotation cushion. Fire extinguisher is optional.

I do believe you do not need a launch permit for privately held ramps. In PA

have no idea about lead, but don’t think it’s an issue since they held a bass masters tourney in Philly a couple of years ago.

pack the rig and head up to The Gap and wait for the shad.

First question? Are you mounting an engine on it, and if so what HP

regardless of boat size and legal requirements, I would suggest at least flares and an air horn. Easily available at Wallymart and to be got for under $15 total. While you are at it, through in a 15ft line and some sort of flotation cushion. Fire extinguisher is optional.

I do believe you do not need a launch permit for privately held ramps. In PA

have no idea about lead, but don’t think it’s an issue since they held a bass masters tourney in Philly a couple of years ago.

pack the rig and head up to The Gap and wait for the shad.
No engine. Just launching from a river bank. No launch public or private.

Life jacket for each person. 12 n under must wear them. Need a sound device...a whistle is fine. I always play it safe n have a launch permit. They're cheap n save any hassle w/ officers. Your good w/ the lead.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT