ADVERTISEMENT

I have a Sea Eagle Packfish 7 foot inflatable. Launch Permit question.

SEPATOPTEN

Aug 21, 2010
I have the Sea Eagle 7 foot inflatable fishing vessel powered by my rowing ability or lack of. Lol. I would like to launch in places like Lake Nockamixon or even a little closer to me Core Creek Park to fish for my favorite Bass. I am wondering if I need a launch permit and what type if I do. It is not a Kayak so what would it he classified as? Also do I need any type of registration? I don't believe I do but I figured I would ask. In closing how about launching on the Delaware river?

I believe that you would need a launch permit for any PFBC operated launch, but not private ramps. Rarely do they enforce the launch permits in my experience.
I believe you do not need to register the boat due length and it is not powered.

I would check the PFBC website to confirm.

I believe that you would need a launch permit for any PFBC operated launch, but not private ramps. Rarely do they enforce the launch permits in my experience.
I believe you do not need to register the boat due length and it is not powered.

I would check the PFBC website to confirm.

I believe this is all correct. I have an inflatable rowboat and an inflatable kayak which are both relatively new and neither has been taken out too many times yet. I bought a single launch permit for which I typed in the ambiguous description of “Inflatable.” I keep the printed permit and the sticker in a ziplock bag in the zippered pocket of my life preserver. To date I have not been challenged for my launch permit, but if I am, I plan to just say I haven’t put the sticker on my inflatable for fear it would fall off when I deflate it and roll it up (which is true.)

I believe this is all correct. I have an inflatable rowboat and an inflatable kayak which are both relatively new and neither has been taken out too many times yet. I bought a single launch permit for which I typed in the ambiguous description of “Inflatable.” I keep the printed permit and the sticker in a ziplock bag in the zippered pocket of my life preserver. To date I have not been challenged for my launch permit, but if I am, I plan to just say I haven’t put the sticker on my inflatable for fear it would fall off when I deflate it and roll it up (which is true.)
I have done the research and purchased both the launch permit for our canoe to use at Colyer Lake near State College for football weekends and registered it for trolling motor use both in and out of state. If I had your inflatable I'd follow the strategy of the poster above...it is logical and defensible. Enjoy!

Reactions: SEPATOPTEN
I have done the research and purchased both the launch permit for our canoe to use at Colyer Lake near State College for football weekends and registered it for trolling motor use both in and out of state. If I had your inflatable I'd follow the strategy of the poster above...it is logical and defensible. Enjoy!

Is Colyer Lake refilled?
Used to go sailing there when I was a kid.

But last I remember it was dry.

Looking at purchasing an inflatable kayak. Does use in sea water/fresh water/estuary make any difference?

Years ago I had what Is now the SE9 with the floor boards, seats and motor mount. I used a 50lb thrust trolling motor to get around. It was a great boat and super stable that allowed two to fly fish standing . Never had a problem with it. They make some really cool ocean stuff you can jump waves with

Hey Thanks folks for all the useful information. I figured a launch permit was the answer but its reassuring to get the proper info from people who have some experience on the subject. Again you are all appreciated.

Shameless endorsement of Sea Eagle products. I think they're very good. If you understand the price point and use them accordingly they will exceed your expectations

Reactions: step.eng69
Shameless endorsement of Sea Eagle products. I think they're very good. If you understand the price point and use them accordingly they will exceed your expectations
Cool video 81b&w. The real test would be to launch the craft in the Susquehanna above Scranton, traveling past the confluence of the Lackawanna with it's orange, iron oxide makeup, then thru the lower Moosic-Pittston areas with the borehole toxic pollutants & sewage deposited into the river. Passing by Wilkes-Barre, the craft will be navigating thru exceptional, top shelf mine pollutants still discharging into the river since the Knox Mine Disaster in 1959.
By the time the pressurized craft reaches Nanticoke, it should look like an 8 foot blue condom floating in the river.

But I do hear the walleye fishing in the river around the Nanticoke area is still good.

"Though the river's health is making progress under Pennsylvania's Clean Water Blueprint, agricultural runoff, acid mine drainage, and polluted urban runoff continue to contaminate the Susquehanna, its tributaries, and the Chesapeake Bay."

• Love
Reactions: psu1969a
I have the Sea Eagle 7 foot inflatable fishing vessel powered by my rowing ability or lack of. Lol. I would like to launch in places like Lake Nockamixon or even a little closer to me Core Creek Park to fish for my favorite Bass. I am wondering if I need a launch permit and what type if I do. It is not a Kayak so what would it he classified as? Also do I need any type of registration? I don't believe I do but I figured I would ask. In closing how about launching on the Delaware river?
Dude bring that to hopat. I’ll pull you with my Waverunner

I f I used it in saltwater I would wash it extremely well before I took it to freshwater as to not transfer anything unwanted
Should be washed when changing any body of water. Lots of bad stuff....algae, slime, bacterias, various fish diseases, invasive species.......out there to spread.

Reactions: psu1969a
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT