ADVERTISEMENT

I'd take Spanier back as university president in an instant.

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
Graham Spanier was not universally liked as president, but he was a fighter ( :eek: ) and an effective leader overall. Penn State improved in stature significantly during his tenure. I think no less of him based on today's outcome and would take him to replace barren in an instant.

How soon are these guys going to file appeals?

In the main thread discussing sentencing, it's been said that Curley and Schultz can't appeal as a result of their plea deals. I wonder what Spanier will do.

Graham Spanier was not universally liked as president, but he was a fighter ( :eek: ) and an effective leader overall. Penn State improved in stature significantly during his tenure. I think no less of him based on today's outcome and would take him to replace barren in an instant.

You would be crying about Spanier from day 1. He would be under the microscope and would not be able to kiss your butt.

I was never a Spanier fan for a lot of reasons, some of which I've detailed on this board previously. That said, I do not think justice was served in his case. In my opinion he was not criminally culpable.

I believe they can appeal the sentences (if none was agreed upon as part of the plea), just not the plea itself.

I believe they can appeal the sentences, just not the plea.
Spanier can continue his appeal - for what it's worth (not much)

Anything C and S do at this point would simply be a waste of paper and ink.

They had their opportunity - - - they abstained.

C'est la Vie

You and two others. If he was really a "fighter", he would have fired Paterno during the dark years. Anyone with common sense knows who was running the show back then and it wasn't Spanier.

Not worth much? He was convicted of a crime that saw the statute of limitations expired in 2003.
I'm speaking from the perspective of something "meaning much" only if it results in substantive change.

So what my post meant was that his appeal doesn't mean much - IMO - because it can't/won't result in substantive change.

9fold is obviously part of the "I wish we can go backwards in time" crowd.

In real life, we can only go forward. Dr. Spanier's time at PSU is forever done.

Reactions: OspreyLion
He was arguably the greatest president ever at PSU. No one presided over the kind of growth Graham oversaw. He will be known as the one that extended the reach of the university through the branch network and World Campus which enabled far more students an opportunity to get an education. He will always be a giant among university presidents

To have his career end the way it did is criminal and I hope those that took him down are made to pay

He was arguably the greatest president ever at PSU. No one presided over the kind of growth Graham oversaw. He will be known as the one that extended the reach of the university through the branch network and World Campus which enabled far more students an opportunity to get an education. He will always be a giant among university presidents

To have his career end the way it did is criminal and I hope those that took him down are made to pay

Good post JoeDIdntKnow (cough cough imposter PSU fan visiting from Buckeye Planet cough cough).

It's a post like this that makes one wonder WTF?

Unfortunately no, that's not what he's going to be known for.

I wonder what happened to your nemesis, 9fold. He hasn't been around for a couple of years.

A true mystery. 9fold was a board member since 22-August-2001. He made 21,231 posts.

And just like that ..... gone without a trace.

:eek:

They all took themselves down with way they handled the limited info they had on Sandusky. All they had to do was turn it over to the local police and they would have all been in the clear.

Reactions: PSU_Nut and TJD88
My PSU history starts with Eisenhower.
Spanier is head and shoulders above all of them.
Unrelated aside, Eisenhower was going to fix the fraternity problem.

Transcript of theoretical 911 call by Curley:

Curley - Hello, police? I'd like to report an uncomfortable grad assistant?
Police - Why was he uncomfortable
Curley - He saw Sandusky and a boy in the shower, and he heard slapping sounds
Police - Did he see any CSA?
Curley - No
Police - Did the boy come forward?
Curley - No
Police - Did the witness call police?
Curley - No, he called his dad
Police - um...

One of the more interesting asides from Snedden's Fed clearance report, is that all those BoT asshats proclaimed Spanier's utter superiority as university president. They even stated that they had COMPLETE trust in him and faith in his judgment. Surma agreed that Spanier would be hired again, if not for the Sandusky issue.

Say, did God ever announce who V2 is? I am so sorry he did not get paid. :rolleyes:

Reactions: step.eng69
Swing and a miss by a POS guy that spends more time on rival message boards trashing PSU. You're doing a hell of job making friends wherever you go

You've been trolling this board for a long time now. It's quite impressive--the only feat more impressive is how stupid the dolts who believe you're not a troll are.

My PSU history starts with Eisenhower.
Spanier is head and shoulders above all of them.
Unrelated aside, Eisenhower was going to fix the fraternity problem.

Hard to tell if those standards are hurdles or limbo sticks.

Reactions: bjf1991
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT