ADVERTISEMENT

I say Miles Sanders scores our first TD of the Season against App State. Who do you think?

Journey Browne on a kickoff return, but it'll be a reverse.

I say no way of knowing. Trace will take what the defense gives and whoever is in the best spot will score the TD.

Amani Oruwariye on a 43-yard interception return ... sets the tone for the season that this secondary will actually start intercepting passes.:D

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Won’t happen :)

CJF / PSU never defers (at least I can’t remembwr a time that he did). :(
He did at least once last year. But I can't find a box score that shows who won the toss and whether we deferred or not.

I'm guessing that App state will be a 6-4 type game with no TDs. Pitt will of course, shut out PSU. So likely the first TD of the season won't come until week 3 against Kent State.

You have to bet on Thompkins. As listed above he has two ways to score.
Punt return or reception.

Reactions: LionJim
Does it really matter? The more important issue is if we are ahead 42 to 0 late in the fourth quarter, and Kenny Pickett throws a touchdown pass is he awarded the Heisman Trophy immediately after the game.

I predict the first meaningful TD will be a Tommy Stevens run up the middle against Ohio State. The first 4 games are scrimmages and the many PSU TDs will be up to the coaches. They will want to exercise certain players and run other plays to confuse Ohio State. Scores in the first 4 games are irrelevant since the competition is so inferior.

Reactions: ralphster
I predict the first meaningful TD will be a Tommy Stevens run up the middle against Ohio State. The first 4 games are scrimmages and the many PSU TDs will be up to the coaches. They will want to exercise certain players and run other plays to confuse Ohio State. Scores in the first 4 games are irrelevant since the competition is so inferior.
I don't think App state will be as easy as you think. Pitt will keep it close for a while too as rivalry games tend to do that. Even more so when one team is the punching bag and they are home. I also don't think our backup QB will score the first score of the game against tOSU minus a Trace injury.

I don't think App state will be as easy as you think. Pitt will keep it close for a while too as rivalry games tend to do that. Even more so when one team is the punching bag and they are home. I also don't think our backup QB will score the first score of the game against tOSU minus a Trace injury.
Trace will be the starting QB. I'm thinking that Stevens will get lots of play as a running back or in the wildcat, like last year.

I agree, sir.
I don't remember kicking off in the last two years or more...probably since Franklin arrived. Is this right or am I crazy? If we win the toss he takes the ball, if we lose the toss the other team differs and he takes the ball. Either way, I expect to receive the opening kickoff.

EDIT: @LionJim I meant to reply to your post.

Last edited:
Reactions: LionJim
Trace goes into Statue of Liberty pose and drops ball to Tommy (playing halfback - yes, halfback). Tommy does fumblerooski before faking run to left. Parsons (playing fullback - yes, fullback) picks it up off the ground while sweeping right. Parsons throws perfect spiral to a wide open Chasz Wright (who has come in as an eligible wideout) streaking across the end zone to go up by 98 points on Pitt. Why is it meaningful? Because it happens at the end of the first quarter, and it's the last play of the game - Pitt Quitts.

Mark my words.

Last edited:
Reactions: pointingdogsrule
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT