ADVERTISEMENT

I hope The OSU and BIG find a way to solve this problem

If Michigan canceled why should OSU pay the price?
Who cares if they "pay the price"? PSU Football "paid the price" for Sandusky even though they had zero to do with it - why would anyone care one bit if any team besides PSU makes it into the CFP unless they are going to use that playoff money to pay us back for the money in fines they screwed us out of.

If Michigan canceled why should OSU pay the price?
As I have stated in other threads on this topic. Clearly documented that o$u cancelled the Illinois game ON THEIR OWN and NOT BECAUSE OF HIGH COVID NUMBERS. Their AD is quoted saying as much.
Therefore, they follow set protocol, they play against Illinois and this is a moot point.
My dad used to say - you make your bed, you lie in it.

OL

The Sandusky scandal was politicized and very badly handled by the administration. It looks like Michigan is using the virus to avoid a slaughter.

This has got to be a little uncomfortable for Kevin Warren and Barry Alvarez. Will we hear from them about Plan B?

image.jpg

Reactions: bison13
The Sandusky scandal was politicized and very badly handled by the administration. It looks like Michigan is using the virus to avoid a slaughter.
Or maybe they have a COVID issue, which is why they cancelled last week's game as well. The same reason lots of other teams, including OSU last week, cancelled games this season. These calls are made by medical staff, not teams avoiding opponents

This has got to be a little uncomfortable for Kevin Warren and Barry Alvarez. Will we hear from them about Plan B?

Alvarez said yesterday he is in favor of changing the rule. They meet tomorrow, so I would suspect they will change the rule or someone else in the Big10 will have a game cancelled so OSU has an opponent this weekend.

As I have stated in other threads on this topic. Clearly documented that o$u cancelled the Illinois game ON THEIR OWN and NOT BECAUSE OF HIGH COVID NUMBERS. Their AD is quoted saying as much.
Therefore, they follow set protocol, they play against Illinois and this is a moot point.
My dad used to say - you make your bed, you lie in it.

OL
Can you link an article with that quote please

Can you link an article with that quote please

No mention of specific numbers.

Edit:

OL

All I can say to O$U is tough sh!+. What Penn State endured at the hands of the corrupt B10 and NCAA with regard to Sandusky, a criminal case that had nothing to do with the football team, makes this pale in comparison. The rules were made at the beginning of the season and they should be adhered to and enforced without favoritism.

Who cares if they "pay the price"? PSU Football "paid the price" for Sandusky even though they had zero to do with it - why would anyone care one bit if any team besides PSU makes it into the CFP unless they are going to use that playoff money to pay us back for the money in fines they screwed us out of.

Agreed. Didn’t OSU cancel one of its games. Va Tech played a game without 23 players.

Reactions: BBrown

Trust me, we’ll hear from them. If they don’t fix this for Ohio State Kevin Warren’s job will be in jeopardy from the Bucknut revolt.

If he makes it right for OSU he’ll coast along and never be held to account for the mess he now has the conference in.

I don’t think it matters if tOSU is in the Conference Championship to the heads of the CFP. They didn’t balk at taking them before.
I’m all for Indiana representing the East. Won’t watch it but rules say they are the team.

Reactions: elijawon
All I can say to O$U is tough sh!+. What Penn State endured at the hands of the corrupt B10 and NCAA with regard to Sandusky, a criminal case that had nothing to do with the football team, makes this pale in comparison. The rules were made at the beginning of the season and they should be adhered to and enforced without favoritism.
Sandusky ordeal has absolutely NOTHING to do with OSU playing in the B1G Championship as the ONLY undefeated conference team and the only B1G team ranked in the top 4 in the country.

Ah yes, December. Or as we call it in State College "time to bend over for osu again".

This really shouldn’t be an issue at all. The B1G can show they have a spine atick to the rules. They.can push OSU to a lower game while rewarding IU for a great season and for playing by the rules and allowing them to go to the Championship game. OSU, should they win their crossover game, will be in the CFP anyway. I don’t understand people thinking OSU can’t go to the CFP without a B1G Championship. Just look to 2016.

Reactions: elijawon
This really shouldn’t be an issue at all. The B1G can show they have a spine atick to the rules. They.can push OSU to a lower game while rewarding IU for a great season and for playing by the rules and allowing them to go to the Championship game. OSU, should they win their crossover game, will be in the CFP anyway. I don’t understand people thinking OSU can’t go to the CFP without a B1G Championship. Just look to 2016.
And 2017: Alabama didn't play in the SEC Championship game and got into the CFP

They.can push OSU to a lower game while rewarding IU for a great season and for playing by the rules and allowing them to go to the Championship game.
I recall an opening game where IU got to play by a different set of rules than their opponent and was awarded a victory.

Other than that, what is this feel good reward them BS? They got beat by another team who nobody else has beaten.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT